Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I hope with the extra time off, Lock is prepared for the Champs this weekend.

I chuckled at Bolles' holding penalty against NO after his 17M/year re-up.

I hope our OL is prepared for Joey Bosa as he's a difference-maker.

Comment

• So I'm thinking, in my personal view this game against the chiefs is a must have for Drew Lock. What I mean is he has to SHOW UP! He has all the motivation he would ever need to come back and put on a show. After what took place Sunday and I want to see a fire out of him this Sunday. Now he necessarily doesn't have to beat the chiefs I just want him to come out and have us competitive throughout. I'm thinking of a stat line of about 275+yds multiple tds and no turnovers.

Show you want it kid and do it against the best team in the division.

Should Lock put up a stinker against the chiefs, speaking for me personally I will have lost all faith in him going forward.. I'd just chalk it up Lock comes up small against top tier competition but with all the momentum he should have going into this next game there is no excuse for Lock to not have a stellar performance. Again he doesnt necessarily have to beat the chiefs but he has to keep us in it.

I've been super busy with work and stuff but I will continue to compare Lock to other Qbs just been sidetracked but i will get back to it soon. Just wanted to share my thought on this and would like to see if yall agree or disagree with thst assessment regarding the game Sunday.
      :go:

Comment

• Win or lose, I hope Lock has a good game.

Comment

Win or lose, I hope Lock has a good game.

I feel he is going to level up his TD:Int ratio at 11:11. May not be enough points to win the game although with CEH out, who knows

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
            So I'm thinking, in my personal view this game against the chiefs is a must have for Drew Lock. What I mean is he has to SHOW UP! He has all the motivation he would ever need to come back and put on a show. After what took place Sunday and I want to see a fire out of him this Sunday. Now he necessarily doesn't have to beat the chiefs I just want him to come out and have us competitive throughout. I'm thinking of a stat line of about 275+yds multiple tds and no turnovers.

Show you want it kid and do it against the best team in the division.

Should Lock put up a stinker against the chiefs, speaking for me personally I will have lost all faith in him going forward.. I'd just chalk it up Lock comes up small against top tier competition but with all the momentum he should have going into this next game there is no excuse for Lock to not have a stellar performance. Again he doesnt necessarily have to beat the chiefs but he has to keep us in it.

I've been super busy with work and stuff but I will continue to compare Lock to other Qbs just been sidetracked but i will get back to it soon. Just wanted to share my thought on this and would like to see if yall agree or disagree with thst assessment regarding the game Sunday.
            Lock is running out of time to prove he can be the guy next year. While he has had some great moments this year, he's had a lot of terrible moments too. He's not putting up the numbers you would want to see, and he isn't always passing the eye test either. If he comes out and lays an egg tonight, I think he could be in danger of losing even more credibility as a starting QB.

Tonight is a chance for Lock to redeem himself. Last week was an embarrassment to the Broncos and although his mom would say otherwise, he was at least partly responsible. The players who did play last week reportedly aren't happy with Lock, I heard some reports on 104.3 The Fan about locker room grumblings directed at him this week. If Lock doesn't come out and have a bounce back game against KC, will he lose his grip on the locker room?

Lock really has to prove something in what's left of the season, and playing well tonight could save his career as a starting QB, which feels like it's a little bit in doubt right now.

Comment

• I think its important now to support our young QB. He is taking some heat in the media right now, and think as a fan base we need to support him and be fans for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post

Lock is running out of time to prove he can be the guy next year. While he has had some great moments this year, he's had a lot of terrible moments too. He's not putting up the numbers you would want to see, and he isn't always passing the eye test either. If he comes out and lays an egg tonight, I think he could be in danger of losing even more credibility as a starting QB.

Tonight is a chance for Lock to redeem himself. Last week was an embarrassment to the Broncos and although his mom would say otherwise, he was at least partly responsible. The players who did play last week reportedly aren't happy with Lock, I heard some reports on 104.3 The Fan about locker room grumblings directed at him this week. If Lock doesn't come out and have a bounce back game against KC, will he lose his grip on the locker room?

Lock really has to prove something in what's left of the season, and playing well tonight could save his career as a starting QB, which feels like it's a little bit in doubt right now.
                Exactly, again lock doesn't have to win this game don't get me wrong if he wins and plays well than this will quiet a lot of doubters. However beating KC in their home is close to impossible.

Show up and ball out, no excuse for Lock to have a horrible game. After all this that went on he has to make a statement that he can be the QB this team needs moving forward.

So this is absolutely a statement game for him and who better to make a statement against than the Chiefs. Lock can't be the reason we lose. Keep us in it and play an efficient game. If Lock plays terrible I'll feel he can't get up to play against the top tier teams.

Sunday night football, the stage is set all the bright lights are on you Drew dont be a disappointment. I've been really critical of Lock this year but still holding out some hope he can turn it around. However, when it comes to me this is his last stance. If he fails I just will have stopped caring about him and hope we find a replacement in the off-season.

If reports are true that players are kind of fed up with him thats a huge problem. We got a good nucleus of talent and if the Qb isnt on page with them thats a huge problem. I'll be interested to see how this game plays out.

Comment

• Historically, the Broncos struggle in December games at Arrowhead and we've only won there three times in franchise history (Elway and Manning were QBs for two of those), so I usually don't expect much. This year, the raucous home crowd isn't a factor so perhaps that will help a little for audibles and reducing false starts.

Lock has really struggled against his personal favorite team so far. I don't know if it's a subconscious thing or that Spag's D just knows exactly how to neutralize him, or both, or maybe he just struggles in blizzards. Tonight will be his first game against them that's not in a snowstorm. He's thrown three picks against them. If he can just not turn the ball over this will be a improvement. I hope he has a great game!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Lock is our QB going forward, Sometimes Young QBs need time to develop, and get it together. (which, I think some of our fan base don't have the patience for developing a young QB) Look a Baker Mayfield, he was looking pretty bad for awhile with different Coaches, etc. Now he is looking pretty good.
                    ​​​​
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

Lock is our QB going forward, Sometimes Young QBs need time to develop, and get it together. (which, I think some of our fan base don't have the patience for developing a young QB) Look a Baker Mayfield, he was looking pretty bad for awhile with different Coaches, etc. Now he is looking pretty good.
                      ​​​​
                      ​​​​​​
                      I'd say the league itself doesn't have patience and doesn't let players develop. The league and fans want instant success. Thus coaches last 2-3 seasons then get fired. Some last less that that. Same with QBs and other key positions. I'd Baker isn't the best example though bc Baker has always been a decent QB, he just happens to sometimes go on streaks where he turns the ball over often. Then he goes back to getting things done without turning it over costing games. Drew Lock is our QB going forward, but that forward is only as long as Elway deems it. It could be end of the season or 3 seasons from now or longer.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Lock is our QB going forward, Sometimes Young QBs need time to develop, and get it together. (which, I think some of our fan base don't have the patience for developing a young QB) Look a Baker Mayfield, he was looking pretty bad for awhile with different Coaches, etc. Now he is looking pretty good.
                        ​​​​
                        ​​​​​​
                        Lock was really raw to begin with which is why he fell to the 2nd round, so he'll probably need more development time than top picks like Mayfield. Of course there's an urgent need for QB competency if we're going to compete with our division rivals and that's where some of the pressure and impatience is coming from.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• I like Lock. I liked him from the start. Still, he has much to prove on the field. I was expecting ups and downs, but there haven’t been as many ups as downs when it comes to his on field production. Heck, I wasn’t even expecting a winning season this year. I was, however, expecting to be more encouraged by his play.

I hope like heck he can turn it around in the remaining games. A lot depends on how he finishes the season. I definitely have some doubts, but there’s always hope.

In all honesty, this whole season has been difficult to endure. It’s been a perfect storm of pandemic, injuries, depth, poor coaching, poor offensive performance All of it has been pretty frustrating to watch.

I’m rooting like heck for this team and Drew to dig themselves out of this rut and start moving this franchise in the right direction. We’ve been in a tailspin since 2015. I’d love nothing more than to see them right the ship.
                          sigpic

Comment

• I’m over Lock. Sorry he doesn’t have it...

Saw this guy doing the “you can’t hear me taunt” and flexing for the TV with a very minimal lead in the third.

Ended the night just as he started it - with an interception - on the last drive.

It doesn’t matter - the game was over the minute we punted it on 4th and 3.

But I’m sick of Lock. He’s not good. He acts like some teenybopper tick tocker who celebrates the meaningless and unimportant events of the game.

He has no vision. He’s not accurate. Rarely stands tall in the pocket. He’s sorta flaunty and showy, except he sucks.

Officially off the Lock train. He’s done as an NFL starter in my eyes.

Comment

• This was his statement game to me. He managed it but I expect more. The D played Mahomes as well as any d could play him. I said in the GameDay thread we just can't depend on Lock to take over the game. He may be a glorified game manager but I need to see more. On a positive side I think Lock and Shurmur are figuring it out together but it may be too little to late. Lock has severely underperformed all year with pretty big expectations. I need him to win a big time game this was it and he couldn't do it even when it kind of lined up for him to do it. Team played well Lock just tagged along but he's the qb we need more. Not a bad game from Lock but left still wondering if he has "it"

Comment

• Sadly we will be stuck with Lock next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X