Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Wentz or Stafford really lol. Matt has not done anything in Detroit can't even make the playoffs.

Wentz you can't be serious with how he is playing he leads the league in ints...wow

I just don't understand some way of thinking.
    Wentz very much has a profile like Jake Plummer did when he came to us. He is a high skill player that somehow has gotten lost. While we don't know if he can keep things together for a whole season he has shown quite a bit. I agree with Stafford - he has had every opportunity and he has never really given more than flashes.

In any case I don't believe that Lock can be a turn around player, and we need to look elsewhere. Some don't like Alex Smith - but he is preciesely the type of player we could use, and he would play with h chip on his shoulder in this division

Comment

• I am glad I'm not an Eagles fan.
      As far as developing a Young QB, it is a 2 year project, Unless you get a top 5 pick, then there still is a chance he doesn't work out.
      (Carson Wentz)
      In Denver it seems like the fan base likes to help contribute to, turning on, and ruining the Young QB's we get, instead of being supportive Fans of these young QB's and having Patience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
        I am glad I'm not an Eagles fan.
        As far as developing a Young QB, it is a 2 year project, Unless you get a top 5 pick, then there still is a chance he doesn't work out.
        (Carson Wentz)
        In Denver it seems like the fan base likes to help contribute to, turning on, and ruining the Young QB's we get, instead of being supportive Fans of these young QB's and having Patience.
        You are calling for a lot to ask this fan base to have Patience. There are 3 threads slamming our coaching staff. The majority here are calling for lock to be replaced
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
          13 int on 296 attempts....that is an interception every 22 attempts, that is unacceptable
          Is Lock the new pre 2020 Philip Rivers....or worse?
          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Wentz very much has a profile like Jake Plummer did when he came to us. He is a high skill player that somehow has gotten lost. While we don't know if he can keep things together for a whole season he has shown quite a bit. I agree with Stafford - he has had every opportunity and he has never really given more than flashes.

In any case I don't believe that Lock can be a turn around player, and we need to look elsewhere. Some don't like Alex Smith - but he is preciesely the type of player we could use, and he would play with h chip on his shoulder in this division
            Alex is not going anywhere. Haskins will learn under him and then take over.
            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

(Carson Wentz)
              I'm all about being supportive especially of young players. But again, Lock is literally doing nothing well right now. It would be different if he had 2 or 3 good or outstanding games this season that you could hang your hat on. But as it stands, he's horribly inaccurate, not very dynamic, doesn't take care of the football, and doesn't throw for many yards or touchdowns. And every game he's played this season looks virtually identical to one another.

No fan is going to be responsible for "ruining" Lock. Either Lock figures it out and turns it around or he's not the guy.
              sigpic

Comment

• It is hard to be patient. Look we never should have won the Chiefs game. Except defensively minus a couple interception misses we had a legit chance to beat a Super Bowl caliber team. Then Lock makes two huge mistakes and we say he is still a rookie, which he kind of is, be patient he will get better. Of course he made those same throws in the first half of Atlanta's game and we said be patient he will learn from that. Rypien isn't any better. So benching Lock for him is not helpful.

This team minus the Raiders game, first Chiefs game, Bucs, and the Bye vs the Saints have been a couple of plays from beating 2 one loss teams and 2 other potential playoff teams. Almost good enough most of the time = too many turnovers. Tell me Lock fixes happy feet and turnovers and I will listen to patience..

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Alex is not going anywhere. Haskins will learn under him and then take over.
                  I hope Haskins improves, because he looks a lot in performance like Drew Lock.

Comment

(Carson Wentz)
                    I am an Eagles fan. And Wentz showed early he could play at an MVP level. Unfortunately, the team and his play has fallen apart the last couple seasons, and they are tied to his massive contract. Lock has not shown any of the skill level that Wentz did early on. As for the fans and patience, name me one of the 9 QB's we've started since Manning that should have been afforded more time or patience. Yes we are a fussy bunch at times, but there isn't 1 QB that we have let go that I had thought "we should not have let them go and given them more time". We're just that team that is stuck in a bad QB phase. All teams have gone through it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                      13 int on 296 attempts....that is an interception every 22 attempts, that is unacceptable
                      An NFL offense needs to make first downs and be opportunist at deep balls. Lock definitely does not seem to understand this right now. It possibly could be the offensive coaching.

They showed the stat in the KC game that Lock leads the league in long throws and is last in the league in short throws. Multiple people have pointed out for weeks now that Lock is not throwing the ball to open guys short...sometimes for first downs....and instead throwing the ball deep.

This alone would explain the interceptions. These long passes Lock has seemed to want to throw all season are more likely to get picked off.

Some people have suggested Lock is not going through his reads.....he is locking onto one or two guys and forcing the ball there.

My opinion is this is the offensive coaching based on what I saw Lock do in 2019 and what I see other Bronco QBs do in 2020. If it is Lock imo he needs to be benched right now to send him a message...maybe allow him to start again in a week or two if the coaches feel he got the message.

Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

I am an Eagles fan. And Wentz showed early he could play at an MVP level. Unfortunately, the team and his play has fallen apart the last couple seasons, and they are tied to his massive contract. Lock has not shown any of the skill level that Wentz did early on. As for the fans and patience, name me one of the 9 QB's we've started since Manning that should have been afforded more time or patience. Yes we are a fussy bunch at times, but there isn't 1 QB that we have let go that I had thought "we should not have let them go and given them more time". We're just that team that is stuck in a bad QB phase. All teams have gone through it.
                        Yes this is an excellent point. I know that draft movement is always possible, but Denver has chosen not to pay dearly to move up for a QB. So really in the last five years Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson are the only 2 QB's we have passed on from our draft position that look to be helpful right now. I 100% concur their is no one we have lost since Manning that has even remotely said geez we should of waited on that one.

Comment

(Carson Wentz)

Top 5 QBs success has been no better than 50% lately. If we look at just the last 5 years ... Goff was taken 1st in 2016, Wentz 2nd, I would say that Wentz hasn't lived up to his draft position but he could still be a success, can't conclude on that yet. Trubisky was taken 2nd in 2017, off/on starter this season it seems Chicago is not happy with him. Baker Mayfield was taken 1st in 2018, by the end of last season I would say, arguably he was not "trending" in a positive way, in fact until this last game this season he was not looking too great, he had a stretch of 3 games (8-10) that he did not throw a TD - or an INT - and only averaged in the mid 50% completion % (54.19%). Sam Darnold taken 3rd, arguably is not looking good, at least not living up to the 3rd pick in the draft. I would argue that QBs taken in the 2019 draft do not have enough time to conclude anything but Kyler Murray looks like a success at this time, taken 1st in 2019; Daniel Jones taken 6th is unknown currently, could still be successful and was not quite top 5.
                          Out of 6? QBs, 2-3 of them look like successes ... 50% at best. I think that could still change to the positive but currently maybe 3 of the 6 are ... living up to their draft position?

Drew Lock wasn't even top 40, it isn't looking good currently with him. IMO, he needs more time, like an off-season with mostly the same offense and players around him. He might not be any better next season so the Broncos should also explore other options this off-season but I don't think there is a lot of options that are "sure thing" alternatives. Even IF they could get one of the top 2-3 QBs available in the draft there is only ~50/50 chance that they will pan out, especially in their fist year or two, but it would be great to have that option.
                          I think trying to evaluate the QB talent in college this season is much harder than in other seasons... BYU's QB couldn't lead his team to beat Coastal Carolina?! How many top 25 teams this season would be in the top 25 if things were normal? I don't think Coastal Carolina would be in the top 20/25 in a normal season and the game against BYU there was little time to prepare and BYU had to travel long distance.
                          Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 12-08-2020, 07:52 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                            As for the fans and patience, name me one of the 9 QB's we've started since Manning that should have been afforded more time or patience. Yes we are a fussy bunch at times, but there isn't 1 QB that we have let go that I had thought "we should not have let them go and given them more time". We're just that team that is stuck in a bad QB phase. All teams have gone through it.
                            This is pretty much how I feel as well.
                            Yes we have gone through a QB carousel, but that's for good reason. These guys have been mediocre at their best moments.

For all the issues we have with Management/Ownership I am glad we havent settled on one of these QBs.

We are lucky enough (as a bad team) to be in a situation regarding our QB contracts that we aren't invested a whole lot into anyone right now. It's imperative we try again in the draft to nail one. If Lock develops from here that's great for us. If not, he has shown he could make a fine backup.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

I doubt you'll find many in here who would rather have Carson Wentz than Alex Smith. I would've said that before last night (I think I actually did), where he had one of the better games I've seen him play. I don't see any reason why Washington would get rid of him, though. Even if they take a quarterback in this draft, he'd be the bridge.

If the idea is to bring in a vet to push Lock, give me Jameis Winston. The Saints should try to bring him back if Brees retires, but I'd rather play behind Lock than Hill if I were Jameis. He shouldn't cost a lot, and we wouldn't have to give anything up. The exception here is if Detroit outright cuts Stafford, and drafts Wilson. They could keep Stafford, and draft Wilson, but they'll free up 20M in cap space by cutting him. I don't think they'll be able to trade him, and even if they do, they're still on the hook for 28M. The problem with Stafford is, what type of deal would he be willing to sign while knowing he's in a QB competition? If you're signing Stafford, you're basically saying no to Lock. If you're saying no to Lock, you might as well try to get a QB in the draft this year while you have the 10th or so pick.

So Jameis makes sense to me if he's willing to get out of NO. You'd have to trade for Darnold (or even if they cut him), I'm not willing to play the game of hoping he's the next Ryan Tannehill. Rosen? Maybe if he's virtually free, but if Lock goes down, would you rather have Winston or Rosen sitting there?
                              Last edited by Spice 1; 12-08-2020, 07:58 AM.

Comment

• With these last few posts I'm glad the "inmates" aren't running the "asylum".
                                "Cooler heads will prevail" !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X