Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    With these last few posts I'm glad the "inmates" aren't running the "asylum".
    "Cooler heads will prevail" !!!!

Because we're so expertly run right now

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
      With these last few posts I'm glad the "inmates" aren't running the "asylum".
      "Cooler heads will prevail" !!!!

Before anyone else jumps in, let it be known that my post was prefaced with, "If the idea is to..."

And, I'm assuming that the response was made from a position of support for Drew Lock. I did not suggest moving on from Drew Lock in my post. To condense it, "If the idea is to push Lock with a vet, Jameis Winston would be my recommendation."

Comment

• Personally I would be willing to trade anything and everything for #1 in the draft. In 3-4 years when we have our picks back we will be over the moon to have a QB who is capable of winning a SB. It's like the verse in the Bible, "kingdom of Heaven is like a man who finds a treasure in a field. He goes home and sells everything he has to buy the field, thus getting the treasure." Trade Chubb, trade Jeudy, trade Sutton, trade Fant, trade 3 1st round pick, who cares. Having a QB for 15-20 is way more important. He is better than Wentz, Goff, or countless others. Do whatever it takes, because we obviously can't develop one. Problem is I don't think the Jets would sell for anything.
        I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
        I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
        I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
        "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
        God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
        Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

• For the first 25 years of being a Bronco fan we never won a Super Bowl. And when we lost to The 49ers, I thought I may never see my team win the Super Bowl.
          Then by the grace of God, 3 SUPER BOWL TITLES!!!!

THANK YOU JOHN ELWAY!!!

(Love me some #7)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

An NFL offense needs to make first downs and be opportunist at deep balls. Lock definitely does not seem to understand this right now. It possibly could be the offensive coaching.

They showed the stat in the KC game that Lock leads the league in long throws and is last in the league in short throws. Multiple people have pointed out for weeks now that Lock is not throwing the ball to open guys short...sometimes for first downs....and instead throwing the ball deep.

This alone would explain the interceptions. These long passes Lock has seemed to want to throw all season are more likely to get picked off.

Some people have suggested Lock is not going through his reads.....he is locking onto one or two guys and forcing the ball there.

My opinion is this is the offensive coaching based on what I saw Lock do in 2019 and what I see other Bronco QBs do in 2020. If it is Lock imo he needs to be benched right now to send him a message...maybe allow him to start again in a week or two if the coaches feel he got the message.
            I agree. I also think going with the 'staring down one receiver narrative' is that Lock just has horrible vision. He doesn't SEE the open player, the SMARTER throw.

It's partly one of the main reasons why we do so many playactions - to get him to work/look only on one side of the field.

It gets old seeing the open receiver / smarter throw of taking what the defense is giving him verses the chuck it into triple coverage throws..

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
              Personally I would be willing to trade anything and everything for #1 in the draft. In 3-4 years when we have our picks back we will be over the moon to have a QB who is capable of winning a SB. It's like the verse in the Bible, "kingdom of Heaven is like a man who finds a treasure in a field. He goes home and sells everything he has to buy the field, thus getting the treasure." Trade Chubb, trade Jeudy, trade Sutton, trade Fant, trade 3 1st round pick, who cares. Having a QB for 15-20 is way more important. He is better than Wentz, Goff, or countless others. Do whatever it takes, because we obviously can't develop one. Problem is I don't think the Jets would sell for anything.
              Love the Bible verse reference. Agreed, we should do whatever it takes, but Jets may not move. Lawrence is their key to being relevant again.

Jags are who I would talk to.. but they may think Fields is their answer also.
              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

An NFL offense needs to make first downs and be opportunist at deep balls. Lock definitely does not seem to understand this right now. It possibly could be the offensive coaching.

They showed the stat in the KC game that Lock leads the league in long throws and is last in the league in short throws. Multiple people have pointed out for weeks now that Lock is not throwing the ball to open guys short...sometimes for first downs....and instead throwing the ball deep.

This alone would explain the interceptions. These long passes Lock has seemed to want to throw all season are more likely to get picked off.

Some people have suggested Lock is not going through his reads.....he is locking onto one or two guys and forcing the ball there.

My opinion is this is the offensive coaching based on what I saw Lock do in 2019 and what I see other Bronco QBs do in 2020. If it is Lock imo he needs to be benched right now to send him a message...maybe allow him to start again in a week or two if the coaches feel he got the message.
                Well, that's what happens when you draft a guy named Lock ... he locks on.

Same for when you draft a guy named Hamler. Any surprise he has hamstring problems?

Also, they signed a guy named Holder who plays special teams and he got called for holding on a punt return. What do you expect?
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Well, that's what happens when you draft a guy named Lock ... he locks on.

Same for when you draft a guy named Hamler. Any surprise he has hamstring problems?

Also, they signed a guy named Holder who plays special teams and he got called for holding on a punt return. What do you expect?

The much overlooked linguistic factor -of course! Now we just need to petition for Drew to legally change his last name to McTouchdown or Completeson!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
                    Personally I would be willing to trade anything and everything for #1 in the draft. In 3-4 years when we have our picks back we will be over the moon to have a QB who is capable of winning a SB. It's like the verse in the Bible, "kingdom of Heaven is like a man who finds a treasure in a field. He goes home and sells everything he has to buy the field, thus getting the treasure." Trade Chubb, trade Jeudy, trade Sutton, trade Fant, trade 3 1st round pick, who cares. Having a QB for 15-20 is way more important. He is better than Wentz, Goff, or countless others. Do whatever it takes, because we obviously can't develop one. Problem is I don't think the Jets would sell for anything.
                    Oh, wow! What a great idea! Trade everybody! Trade a bunch of guys who are proven players in order to get #1 in the draft to pick a quarterback who will win the Super Bowl like JaMarcus Russell (#1 in 2007), Matt Ryan (#3 in 2008), Matthew Stafford (#1 in 2009), Sam Bradford (#1 in 2010), Cam Newton (#1 in 2011), Andrew Luck (#1 in 2012), Robert Griffin III (#2 in 2012), Blake Bortles (#3 in 2014), Jameis Winston (#1 in 2015), Marcus Mariota (#2 in 2015), Jared Goff (#1 in 2016), Carson Wentz (#2 in 2016), Mitchell Trubisky (#2 in 2017), Baker Mayfield (#1 in 2018), Sam Darnold (#3 in 2018), Kyler Murray (#1 in 2019), Joe Burrow (#1 in 2020)

Oh, wait! None of these guys has won a Super Bowl ... yet.

When was the last time a team quarterbacked by a guy who was drafted #1, #2 or #3 won a Super Bowl?

Trading "anything and everything" for a #1 pick to get a QB reminds me of Heckle and Jeckle or Jeremy in The Secret of NIMH.
                    Last edited by samparnell; 12-08-2020, 09:22 AM. Reason: add

Comment

Oh, wow! What a great idea! Trade everybody! Trade a bunch of guys who are proven players in order to get #1 in the draft to pick a quarterback who will win the Super Bowl like JaMarcus Russell (#1 in 2007), Matt Ryan (#3 in 2008), Matthew Stafford (#1 in 2009), Sam Bradford (#1 in 2010), Cam Newton (#1 in 2011), Andrew Luck (#1 in 2012), Robert Griffin III (#2 in 2012), Blake Bortles (#3 in 2014), Jameis Winston (#1 in 2015), Marcus Mariota (#2 in 2015), Jared Goff (#1 in 2016), Carson Wentz (#2 in 2016), Mitchell Trubisky (#2 in 2017), Baker Mayfield (#1 in 2018), Sam Darnold (#3 in 2018), Kyler Murray (#1 in 2019), Joe Burrow (#1 in 2020)

When was the last time a team quarterbacked by a guy who was drafted #1, #2 or #3 won a Super Bowl?

Trading "anything and everything" for a #1 pick to get a QB reminds me of Heckle and Jeckle.
                      A couple of guys have at least made the Super Bowl. I agree with you though. These guys can get hurt or never pan out. If Denver is moving up 2 or 3 slots that isn't such a huge risk. But from 10 to 1 or 2, man that is a lot of leverage and you still have to get those teams to say yes.

Comment

Trading "anything and everything" for a #1 pick to get a QB reminds me of Heckle and Jeckle or Jeremy in The Secret of NIMH.
                        Why that would be Superbowl 50 of course, QB'ed by Old Man Manning, the #1 pick of the 1998 Draft. But of course the game was won by defense so elite QB play wasn't needed, just a competent manager.

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post

The much overlooked linguistic factor -of course! Now we just need to petition for Drew to legally change his last name to McTouchdown or Completeson!
                          Sometimes it works out. Like when Sutton went down. Who will take his place? Wait a minute! What manner of man are you who can fill the place of Sir Courtland? I am a receiver. By what name are you known? There are some who call me Tim.

Check out Tim the Enchanter from Monty Python on Youtube. Can't seem to figure out how to link it.
                          Last edited by samparnell; 12-08-2020, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post

Why that would be Superbowl 50 of course, QB'ed by Old Man Manning, the #1 pick of the 1998 Draft. But of course the game was won by defense so elite QB play wasn't needed, just a competent manager.
                            What are you saying? HERESY!

Comment

Sometimes it works out. Like when Sutton went down. Who will take his place? Wait a minute! What manner of man are you who can fill the place of Sir Courtland? I am a receiver. By what name are you known? There are some who call me Tim.

Check out Tim the Enchanter from Monty Python on Youtube. Can't seem to figure out how to link it.
                              I know the reference well...and then the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch skit went off in my head shortly after, and now I can't get rid of it! "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

Comment

What are you saying? HERESY!
                                C'mon Sam, wouldn't you trade your car and all your furniture for a lottery ticket? It is the winner! How do I know? Because we want it to be, we need it to be –it MUST be!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X