No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elway cant draft another QB. If Lock gets replaced it will be by a Vet FA. Sadly next year being Elways last under contract expect a bunch of washed up free agents to come on to achive that last and final playoff spot in the AFC

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

i don't know you think a Coach would be teaching him when to come off routes. Lock has been bad on diagnosing Blitz and reading the field. that would indicate to me lock would struggle in alot of offenses.
      Agreed....I said it many times. Lock can't and doesn't see the field period. Stop blaming the o.c. lock is throwing the ball. Once that ball is snapped lock is in charge of who gets the ball. If they tell him to go deep and the wr falls, he has to move to the next guy. Or if a dline goes unblocked and and he doesn't have time for the wr to go deep. He has to find someone else. Shurmur just calls the plays....could it be bad call sure. But is not going out there calling intentionally calling bad plays.
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

I know. The stupid coaches should just tear out the chapter of their playbook entitled "Dumb Plays"!!! What is wrong with them?

(btw, what is the definition of a dumb play?)
        Well, it wouldn't surprise me if they had a page in the playbook titled: Very low percentage plays that the opposing defense would never consider happening. We can trick those fools!

Dumb play: 3rd & 3 and you call a 20 to 30 yard pass play.
        Dumb play: 1st and goal from the 1 or 2 yard line and you run it basically 4 times up the middle.
        Dumb play: 3rd & 15 (or more) and you run the ball OR call a pass play to a receiver who's 2 or 3 yards beyond the line of scrimmage.

Do you need more examples?
        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Just because a play fails doesn’t mean it was a dumb play call.

It’s safe to say that most plays that fail, fail because of execution, either bad execution by the offense or great execution by the defense.

Execution is on the players, not the coaches.
          Please see my post #3423. Sometimes plays are doomed to fail or there's a very high percentage that it will fail.
          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

ageist often?

I am not far from 60, and have been a Broncos fan for nearly all of it. I have several good friends my age, and we usually watch the games together.

None of us gives a fig about a player enjoying himself. We do think that sometimes they make themselves look like fools when they do that and are losing the game at the time though.
            Exactly. If fans like / love a game that comes with a clown show, fine. Maybe those players who get overly excited when they make a tackle should wear a clown nose. That way everybody will know what to expect.
            Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

how much is it the offense. and how much is it Lock not going through his reads properly would be my debate. we wont really ever know that. i know it could look alot better if lock didn't lock onto his first read and throw there all time. or at least thats how it feels.
              I don’t think it’s an issue of him getting through his progressions. He’s fine at that, not great but he’s about where he should be at this stage in his development. His problem is that he’s overly reliant on his presnap read and when he gets to his the actual read guys are shading different than what his presnap read was. To me that’s on the coach as much as it is the player because if a defense is showing you something presnap and then shading it a certain way to take away an option it’s because they know the play and where the QB is supposed to go with it. That’s what happen against the Raiders and against the Dolphins.

Yes Lock does need to recognize that but that’s something that comes with experience and it’s an area where a great oline can mitigate that. He’s trying to throw anticipating his guy coming open but he isn’t actually reading what’s happening post snap that often. But as far as Lock zoning in on his first read, that’s every QB the majority of the time because that’s likely who the play is designed for and the protection usually won’t hold up long enough to get past it especially in this offense where plays take longer to develop. Lock is playing like playoff/super bowl Manning in a way. Manning knew the defense every time, he knew the Saints were in cover 2 on that pick 6, he just didn’t read Porter playing soft flat coverage vs hard flat which he expected. Manning would speed himself up in playoff games and overly rely on his presnap read and it resulted in a lot of ugly games for him and it’s what Lock is going through now. The INTs in the Chiefs game were different though which shows improvement even if the result is a negative, they weren’t because he relied on his presnap read, they were from him trying to force a play meaning he wasn’t relying on his presnap read and locking into that first option and while that in itself is a different can of worms, it’s a sign of growth in one respect. Now you can focus on coaching him to take the shorter option instead of coaching him that his presnap read won’t always be exactly how he envisions it in his head although I doubt that he’ll be coached out of that 2nd INT for a long time just because of the time situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Exactly. If fans like / love a game that comes with a clown show, fine. Maybe those players who get overly excited when they make a tackle should wear a clown nose. That way everybody will know what to expect.
                It’s a fine line, some players feed off emotion more than others. That celebration could provide the energy needed to spark a comeback. Some coaches need to see that energy to be more aggressive. Lock started celebrating after the first TD in that comeback against the Chargers. Then the offense started looking different, it looked much better.

It’s kind of like Tebow in the 4th quarter. Players knew he could bring the game home if they were close so they fed off of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

It’s a fine line, some players feed off emotion more than others. That celebration could provide the energy needed to spark a comeback. Some coaches need to see that energy to be more aggressive. Lock started celebrating after the first TD in that comeback against the Chargers. Then the offense started looking different, it looked much better.

It’s kind of like Tebow in the 4th quarter. Players knew he could bring the game home if they were close so they fed off of that.
                  It is a fine line....sometimes. And I get the enthusiasm - enjoyment aspect in sports games. I just think it's way over the top too much and too often and like others have stated, especially when your team is getting slapped around. Humility still counts and shows class, IMO.
                  Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Calling it a clown show is what I have issue. Stop calling people having fun with their job a clown show. It's not classless to celebrate, which is why I brought up age. Because only people of a certain age group has that thought process.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

Calling it a clown show is what I have issue. Stop calling people having fun with their job a clown show. It's not classless to celebrate, which is why I brought up age. Because only people of a certain age group has that thought process.
                      Sorry, mate, that generalization is a bit ageist.

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

Not true, I am 28, I'll assume pretty close to you in age. I love celebrations, some guys are hilarious to watch, Travis Kelce and his brothers antics are classic. However, Lock rapping and doing them dances he does, I find extremely corny and lame. Sure, you may differ in your opinion, but Lock strikes me as that try hard type of dude.

Comment

• What's the over and under tomorrow that Drew Lock throws an interception? What's the over and under that, that interception is due to him throwing into triple coverage?

Comment

• Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                            What's the over and under tomorrow that Drew Lock throws an interception? What's the over and under that, that interception is due to him throwing into triple coverage?
                            I think he can do better. I'm betting on a throw into quadruple coverage

Actually, I don't care so much about ints where progress is concerned (including not throwing into triple+) coverage. I want to see better pocket presence, better footwork, better reads.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post

Not true, I am 28, I'll assume pretty close to you in age. I love celebrations, some guys are hilarious to watch, Travis Kelce and his brothers antics are classic. However, Lock rapping and doing them dances he does, I find extremely corny and lame. Sure, you may differ in your opinion, but Lock strikes me as that try hard type of dude.
                              I've stated more than once in this thread that I don't agree with celebrating when losing. So I don't think Lock should be celebrating. Had Denver been a successful team, it'd be fine.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post

Sorry, mate, that generalization is a bit ageist.
                                Ok...lol
                                Sorry not sorry that I think the "back in my day" mentality is outdated and silly. Folks are literally calling it classless to celebrate. Judging individuals personally for showing emotion and having a good time doing the job they love. I'll take being ageist over outdated judgement
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Broncos:
                                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                                X