No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Aliens take the real Drew Lock and treat us to this instead?
    No interceptions - there must be something odd going on!

Comment

• Grats on the nice showing LOCK. Didn't see the game but the stats look gorgeous
      The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• In my opinion, it’s looking like Lock and Shurmur are finally finding some common ground and stride.

I’m liking the game plans and play calling lately and it’s helping the offense as a whole

Still more to be seen, but there’s nothing wrong with being encouraged a bit.
        sigpic

Comment

• Like I said, congrats to him for beating a bad team. Let's see this against the good ones.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
            Like I said, congrats to him for beating a bad team. Let's see this against the good ones.
            I tend to agree with this sentiment, but it’s not like the Panthers have been an easy out for the good teams they’ve played.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

no he was specifically complaining about how lock played this season. i do think we should invest in a guy to compete or push lock for the starting. but to complain about him for this game is out right stupid. saying he had bad plays which you could say maybe 2, in a close int and the bfumble(which i feel is more the O-lines fault then his). while making some great play and being under pressure most the game. his statements is wrong and stupid.
              No complaints about him today. I just want to see consistency week to week. Its like 1 out of every 5 games Lock will show up and the other 4 are cringe worthy. So this i would like to see the same focus against a bills team thats a playoff contender. He can get up and perform on Saturday it'll start to turn my head some.
              :go:

Comment

• Lock should play well against the lousier defenses, just as the Broncos as a whole should be beating the bad teams on the schedule. That's the first step towards becoming relevant again.

Today was progress, Drew was more accurate, and the decisions were better. The play calling was better too and that helped him.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post

No complaints about him today. I just want to see consistency week to week. Its like 1 out of every 5 games Lock will show up and the other 4 are cringe worthy. So this i would like to see the same focus against a bills team thats a playoff contender. He can get up and perform on Saturday it'll start to turn my head some.
                  Which is why i say i would like to bring in a guy who push lock for the starting Gig. if he plays like he did today and takes whats open and the defense gives him. we can suprise and upset some teams. to be honest nothing would be sweeter then him having a good game vs the raiders and pushing them out of the playoffs. right now we can play spoiler if he plays good turnoverless football.
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

Congrats he posted good numbers vs a bad team....
                    ... behind three backup O-Linemen.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                      MH Stampede

You take issue with my sarcastic mockery of some of the unhinged ranting and raving around here? Yeah I realize that there are many shades of gray between the believers and the haters.

Growing pains and babysteps, my friend, and they won't often translate into W's right away. Some folks who analyze tape more closely have noted little improvements (tune into beastlyskronk posts he offers detailed analysis of individual performances, or read MHR). Between the bookend INT's last week, Lock did play better against the Champs than in his previous two games.

He's doing about what one should expect from a 2nd round project. The problem is, people's expectations were (and still are) overinflated. Yeah we're behind in a very competitive division so there's an urgent need for QB competency, and everyone is sick of losing. But it's going to take time to develop a fairly raw player and there are no guarantees that that time will lead to the Promised Land.

More typical of the 2nd round projects is Geno Smith (#39) –his rookie numbers with the Jets were awful (12 TDs, 21 INTs, 66.5% PR, 43 sacks, 4 fumbles lost), than Drew Brees (#32). But Brees sat for most of year and his next two seasons were not exactly stellar:

2002 — 17 TDs 16 INTs, 76.9% PR, 24 sacks
                      2003 — 11 TDs 15 INTs, 67.5% PR, 21 sacks, 3 fumbles lost (in only 11 games)

Lock hasn't even played a full season so it's fair to look at his body of work as a whole in 13.2 games:

16 TD's, 16 INT's, 74.9% PR, 16 sacks, 2 fumbles lost, 2 rushing TDs

Yes, this is the same Lock from last year yet he has regressed and that doesn't happen for no reason. The differences between the situations of this year vs. last are obvious and have been noted here many times: Scangarello (with QB coach McCartney), WR Sutton, and McGovern and Leary were on the O-line. Lock was obviously more comfortable with those players and coaches.

Risner seemed to have regressed earlier too, mostly I think because rookie Cushenberry beside him has struggled. Lock is surrounded by rookies who are making mistakes in their own right. Some of the incompletions and picks are from drops, deflections, and other mistakes from these youngsters. But it's not all on the rookie supporting cast, it's not all Shurmur's (and Shula's) fault, and it's not all black and white, with one person at fault. Much is on Lock for certain, but it's a collective problem where the culpability for errors and losses varies from game to game.

The article I posted here recently stated: "With a new offensive coordinator in Pat Shurmur that did not come with the traditional offseason reps to assimilate the scheme for Lock thanks to the pandemic — which canceled OTAs and the preseason, erasing upwards of 1,400-1,600 reps — it's possible that the second-year quarterback simply needed the time on task to gel with his new play-caller."

I think we can all agree that he really needed all of those reps! The crippled season preparation mattered to this team more than most.
                      Lock has some issues to resolve, some negative habits and tendencies to break for sure. Habits are subconscious patterns, difficult to change and it doesn't simply happen overnight just by his looking at his mistakes on tape. It takes lots of diligent practice to condition in a new and better habit. He will need this coming offseason, and hopefully (once the vaccine gets distributed) he can work with a veteran QB or two on these habits, and his mechanics. And get better. He's young and it's still possible.
                      I am just flabbergasted by posts like these constantly making excuses.

Lock now has the same amount of starts in regular season as Tebow had and he was 29TD/9int and has been torn to schreds with critisism. Lock and he both had turmoil and broken off seasons. There is no room for treating him like an infant as some suggest, or to not be critical of his lack of growth.

The kid has the tools but this is also a mental game and the primary job is to make the team step up and win.

The simple thing is that Lock has to produce and dumbing down the argument serves no purpose. At this time in their respective careers Russel Wilson was on route to winning the SB, and Colin Kaepernick to paly in the SB. We have a lot of tools for Lock and he has not produced many good to great games.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                        Did Aliens take the real Drew Lock and treat us to this instead?
                        No interceptions - there must be something odd going on!
                        Does that mean the real Drew Lock is somewhere south of "the wall"?

Comment

• Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                          Lock should play well against the lousier defenses, just as the Broncos as a whole should be beating the bad teams on the schedule. That's the first step towards becoming relevant again.

Today was progress, Drew was more accurate, and the decisions were better. The play calling was better too and that helped him.
                          Carolina was favored by three and lost by five; can't cover the spread if can't win.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Does that mean the real Drew Lock is somewhere south of "the wall"?
                            Lock is a young Qb who is learning to play at this level. By no means has he figured it out but this season has been all about him being the future or not, today was another step up.
                            sigpic

Comment

• I thought Carolina had an underrated defense? At least that’s what I was told in the other thread. Now after Lock has a good game they’re a bad team?

No Lock had a good game regardless of the talent we played. He took what was there and as the defense crept up, he burned them with big plays. Regardless of the team that shows development which is what we need to see from him.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                                I thought Carolina had an underrated defense? At least that’s what I was told in the other thread. Now after Lock has a good game they’re a bad team?

No Lock had a good game regardless of the talent we played. He took what was there and as the defense crept up, he burned them with big plays. Regardless of the team that shows development which is what we need to see from him.
                                Exactly!!!! SEEMS LIKE FANS WANT THEIR CAKW AND EAT IT TOO!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X