Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

I am just flabbergasted by posts like these constantly making excuses.

Lock now has the same amount of starts in regular season as Tebow had and he was 29TD/9int and has been torn to schreds with critisism. Lock and he both had turmoil and broken off seasons. There is no room for treating him like an infant as some suggest, or to not be critical of his lack of growth.

The kid has the tools but this is also a mental game and the primary job is to make the team step up and win.

The simple thing is that Lock has to produce and dumbing down the argument serves no purpose. At this time in their respective careers Russel Wilson was on route to winning the SB, and Colin Kaepernick to paly in the SB. We have a lot of tools for Lock and he has not produced many good to great games.
    Lock may not ever be as good as Wilson, but that's true of most QB's in the NFL. Lock is already better than Sack-or-pick, who is selling shoes now. Tebow was never a QB so the comparison is useless.
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• Sometimes I think the mentality turns into “either you’re great, or you suck”.

Im reality, though, there’s plenty of in between.

There’s nothing wrong with acknowledging Lock’s bad play, but still being receptive to seeing signs of life.

I have my doubts about Lock, but it’s possible for him to turn it around. I’ve been critical of both Lock and Shurmur, but I’m seeing signs of life.

I’m not so bent on being right about predicting the future. I’m more interested in seeing this team dig itself out of this pit. If Lock and Shurmur can find their stride in these last few games, that is the best case scenario for the franchise.

This all needs to be played out on the field. If they ball out, great. If not, the franchise will have a tough off season.

I, for one, am hoping like heck they ball out.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

I am just flabbergasted by posts like these constantly making excuses.

Lock now has the same amount of starts in regular season as Tebow had and he was 29TD/9int and has been torn to schreds with critisism. Lock and he both had turmoil and broken off seasons. There is no room for treating him like an infant as some suggest, or to not be critical of his lack of growth.

The kid has the tools but this is also a mental game and the primary job is to make the team step up and win.

The simple thing is that Lock has to produce and dumbing down the argument serves no purpose. At this time in their respective careers Russel Wilson was on route to winning the SB, and Colin Kaepernick to paly in the SB. We have a lot of tools for Lock and he has not produced many good to great games.
        They aren't "excuses" (an overused, mindless 'tough guy' term that belongs in Smack), they are valid reasons based on REALITY, period, and somehow you are making this about Tebow again! Let him go, man!

Who's treating Lock like an "infant"? Please, just stop. I acknowledged that he needs to improve and that he shares responsibility but you have a serious problem with your reading comprehension.

Wilson is the exception, not the rule. He had played 28 games, not 14.2, and he was on a team with one of the best defenses ever, producing short fields from turnovers. But you expect Wilson numbers? He's posting closer to Brees' numbers, that's why I cited them. Some guys need a little more time to turn into something worthwile, and I don't care if fans like you don't want to give it to them, it's not up to you.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post

Lock may not ever be as good as Wilson, but that's true of most QB's in the NFL. Lock is already better than Sack-or-pick, who is selling shoes now. Tebow was never a QB so the comparison is useless.
          I was once told that if you spent all your time comparing what you think you have to everything else, you’ll never know what you actually have. People get so wrapped up into other QBs that have had success and think that’s the bar. But it can’t be, everyone is different and progresses at different rates.

Comment

• When a Broncos QB goes 21-27 280 4 Tds and wins the game, I'm Happy!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
              When a Broncos QB goes 21-27 280 4 Tds and wins the game, I'm Happy!!!!

Gotta be happy with a good performance by both the coaches and players. Good all around team win.

Love to see them build on this and string a few good performances together to finish out the season.
              sigpic

Comment

Me too and don't forget no picks! If he threw one we'd probably be looking at another L. What we wanted to see the most was better ball security and we got that today.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• To me Locks statement game or chance to make a statement was against the Chiefs when he had all the heat on him. Those saying this is a statement game I'm sorry I don't view it like that. All Lock did was keep his seat warm instead of hot. Again having a good game 1 out of every four to five games does not mean you're the answer.

I look at how he let the team down and had heat for not starting and when it mattered Lock played small ball against the chiefs. If you want to make a statement have a game like today and beat those guys. He wouldn't have even had to win that game but i promise a lot of Lock detractors like myself would not still be questioning him as much instead he was 2td 2int with a loss when his d played great.

Future is my gripe. I still stand today and say we have the worst qb in our division and I dont think lock can change my stance on it unless he completely balls out and win the next 3 like he did today and get the team to 8-8 Lock had way to many bad moments as opposed to games like this so im not going to jump up and down thinking he figured it out. To much tape says otherwise right now.
                  :go:

Comment

• Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                      He put up good stats against a bad team. He looked bad in some plays, but good in others. Even against a bad team, he didn't look like a good starting QB.
                      if he plays like he did today consistently, he would be a top tier QB/

That is a big IF
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

if he plays like he did today consistently, he would be a top tier QB/

That is a big IF
                        Thats always what makes a good QB vs a bad QB, consistency. I dont think Drew is "the guy", but I'm willing to give him 2021. I would rather we draft a ILB, CB, or Left Tackle (able to play Right Tackle) next Draft.

Comment

• What’s really funny to me about this game is that even though Lock statistically had a great day, his footwork got real sloppy. He started drifting around in the pocket again but he didn’t outright scramble like earlier in the year. It’s probably just because of the new faces on the oline but from a footwork perspective it wasn’t a great game for him.

However it was an overall great game for him. He was ultra conservative this game and it allowed him to avoid those backbreaking interceptions. But he didn’t stay ultra conservative, he recognized the defense creeping up to take away the short stuff and he took his shots when they were there connecting on some huge plays.

I will circle back to the chemistry thing with Jeudy though. Jeudy’s double move was great but when he cut up field it was almost like he didn’t expect the ball because he took awhile to look back. Lock just threw it up to a spot for him instead of leading him, if he got his head around quicker that probably would’ve been a TD.

Comment

Lock was tremendous today. I didn't know he could play that well at this level.

Comment

• I can't hate. Very good game by lock. Still don't think he is the future qb. All qbs have good games every now and then. Nonetheless congrats to lock.
                              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Lock showed growth and that’s all I could really ask for from him with these last few games. I’m ecstatic with his performance and it’s encouraging that he capitalized against this Carolina defense. He took the open, underneath looks when they were there, and best of all, when he actually threw the ball deep— he connected on them for big plays. To do this with the likes of Anderson, Muti, and Wilkinson starting on the OL today was no small feat either.

With Lock, his issues purely lie within his decision-making and mechanics. The first one is huge because it includes doing better with pre-snap and post-snap reads, as well as going through progressions. The latter is also important because his tendency to fade off his back foot nor stepping into his throws has caused his passes to be inaccurate. Sometimes when he plays “hero ball” and tries to make the aggressive play— I genuinely don’t mind. It’s just that his mechanics need to be better so he can give his receivers/tight ends a better chance to make a play on the ball rather than playing defensive back against the actual DB trying to make an interception.
                                2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                                Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Working...
                                X