Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
    I feel bad for Lock. Here's why:

He gets IR'd by Elway which means he cant practice with the team. Next thing you know we're 0-3 and look like we're competing for a top 5 pick in a great QB draft.

So, all of a sudden Lock's career is going to be determined by being rushed into action right when he comes off the IR, having not practiced for about 10 weeks.

If he does poorly, Elway drafts a QB in the top 5 and Lock is screwed. Elway has set up Lock to fail, and it's really sad. It's also a pathetic QB development plan.
    So after 3 games it's determined that we will have a top 5 pick and will use that to draft a QB. A lot of what if scenarios in your post.
    sigpic

Comment

• Trying to think outside the box with Joe Flacco restructure. Joe dead cap in 2020 if he’s cut: $13.6m. We saved $15m this year. If we don't use the money saved this year, can't we carry it next year and cancel out his dead cap? Essentially saving $1.4m more

Wouldn't this be out loophole out and officially be able to start rebuilding mode and see what Lock got next year?

I said this in another thread but applies to Lock thread as well

Comment

• Originally posted by JW7 View Post
        So after 3 games it's determined that we will have a top 5 pick and will use that to draft a QB. A lot of what if scenarios in your post.
        Yes it's a scenario I laid out that absolutely could happen. The plan A scenario that Elway apparently cooked up was Flacco leads us to a winning record and Lock can take a year on the bench to learn the playbook while we ride into the playoffs on Flacco's arm.

Except Elway didnt or couldnt think through the scenario that I laid out where it leaves Lock in a bad spot and as a potentially wasted pick. Why wasnt that scenario thought out? I would think someone who graduated from Stanford with a degree in economics would be capable of strategic thinking.

Comment

Yes it's a scenario I laid out that absolutely could happen. The plan A scenario that Elway apparently cooked up was Flacco leads us to a winning record and Lock can take a year on the bench to learn the playbook while we ride into the playoffs on Flacco's arm.

Except Elway didnt or couldnt think through the scenario that I laid out where it leaves Lock in a bad spot and as a potentially wasted pick. Why wasnt that scenario thought out? I would think someone who graduated from Stanford with a degree in economics would be capable of strategic thinking.
          So now you know that Elway hasn't thought of other scenarios?

It's a terrible start to the year but the book isn't finished.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JW7 View Post
            So now you know that Elway hasn't thought of other scenarios?

It's a terrible start to the year but the book isn't finished.
            By the teams actions it's obvious it either wasnt thought out or was eliminated as a possibility, but yet here we are.

Comment

• It really doesnt matter . If Lock wasnt hurt it's not like he'd get thrown in there until week 8-10 anyways . Depending on our record of course.

Comment

• I fully expect to see Brandon Albert playing in a game before we see Lock playing in one. If Flacco keeps on getting hit like this, it's almost a certainty. The Jags will sack him at least six times this weekend.

Comment

No, Elway didnt plan for Lock to be injured, but he did put him on IR. Should he have gone on IR? Well, it was reported Lock couldve played the next week if he had to. Elway put him on IR because he wanted a camp body roster spot.
                  Yes. Lock is a competitor and he would likely push himself to practice too soon. He played one more down after the injury and made a strong throw considering the injury. His injury isn’t one you rush to recover.

Comment

• I am amazed with the fanboy mentality surrounding Drew Lock. When both he and Paxton Lynch played in the Seattle preseason game Paxton Lynch was head and shoulders above Lock at QB, and Lock got some garbage stats. In college highlights he is never under pressure and has 5+ seconds to throw. In the combine he was inaccurate.

This guy has a great take on Lock, and I frankly have a hard time seeing Lock play at NFL speed.

If we are out of the playoffs or 2-6 then by all means, but to me Lock does not spell promise with our coaching staff.

Comment

• I think the likelihood of seeing Lock late in the season is rising. I expect they will be out of playoff contention.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                        It really doesnt matter . If Lock wasnt hurt it's not like he'd get thrown in there until week 8-10 anyways . Depending on our record of course.
                        Of course it matters because it's lost time. I don't think he plays this season if he does it's maybe the last two after 8 games on the IR. Since it's a sprain on his throwing hand he probably can't even practice no way he comes off the IR cold and starts a game.

Comment

• I thought he was allowed to be at practice.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                            I am amazed with the fanboy mentality surrounding Drew Lock. When both he and Paxton Lynch played in the Seattle preseason game Paxton Lynch was head and shoulders above Lock at QB, and Lock got some garbage stats. In college highlights he is never under pressure and has 5+ seconds to throw. In the combine he was inaccurate.

This guy has a great take on Lock, and I frankly have a hard time seeing Lock play at NFL speed.

If we are out of the playoffs or 2-6 then by all means, but to me Lock does not spell promise with our coaching staff.
                            Why are you amazed that fans are interested in Lock? Hes the most important player on our roster. How he does determines the fate of Elway and the future direction of this franchise.

Comment

Why are you amazed that fans are interested in Lock? Hes the most important player on our roster. How he does determines the fate of Elway and the future direction of this franchise.
                              I am not wondering why fans are interested in Lock, and he is definitely NOT the most important player on our roster. Our roster foundation is the defense and they have done an abysmal job thus far, and through Sunday night (Bears scored 31 against Keenum and friends in MNF) the most points any of our opponents had scored this year was against us, and only Chiefs have scored more against any of our opponents that we did, so if Lock is supposed to be the saviour then he has to be an upgrade. In the time since I began following the Broncos in 1988, only one rookie QB improved out team and that was the much maligned Tim Tebow. Some loved Cutler, but the fact was that he converted Broncos from a team that won 72% of games under Jake and never missed the playoffs to 46% under Cutler.

Whereas ex. Tebow was a wild card, with stellar results in college, in Lock we have a QB that does not bring anything that makes him a likely Messiah of the Broncos offense, and that makes it likely that he is better or even as good as Flacco. Seeing Keenum play the Bears and seeing Flacco do it also indicate that we did indeed upgrade that position.

The importance for the team is that they all man up and play better. Luckily it could seem like the wild card threshold in AFC will likely be 10-6 or 9-7.

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                                Trying to think outside the box with Joe Flacco restructure. Joe dead cap in 2020 if he’s cut: $13.6m. We saved $15m this year. If we don't use the money saved this year, can't we carry it next year and cancel out his dead cap? Essentially saving $1.4m more

Wouldn't this be out loophole out and officially be able to start rebuilding mode and see what Lock got next year?

I said this in another thread but applies to Lock thread as well
                                Why wait til next year. Let's see what he got this year. Why wait. And please dont say :behind that oline he would get killed"
                                Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

Comment

Working...
                                X