No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same people giving up on Lock would have gave up on Josh Allen and Drew Brees.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
      Same people giving up on Lock would have gave up on Josh Allen and Drew Brees.
      And will give up on Justin Fields by week 6 if we draft him...

Comment

This is true!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

To be fair lock would have even more ints if the def didn't drop so many of the bills had two hit then in their hands...since everyone wanna play coulda shoulda woulda
          You continue to underestimate the importance of a young offense building chemistry during the off/preseason.

Comment

Is that the same as saying the same people who are wanting more time for Lock would have wanted more time for Siemien, Lynch, Kelly?

Comment

Simply not true. If people can see someone clearly has potential and just needs to put everything together, fans and coaches would give said player time. If a player looks like he clearly isn't the man for the job, doesn't look to have any potential,etc....then its fair for fans or coaches to give up on them.

Josh Allen since college has always looked like a potential stud, he has questions makes in some areas but was generally viewed as a project with all the wanted assets a coach would want.
              Even as a pro, he looked like he had potential, he just kept turning the ball over with fumbles more so than anything.
              His first season he looked like a rookie NFL QB.(10/12 TD/INT) Passing. (8 Rushing Scores)
              His second season he looked like he was finally getting an understand.(20/9 TD/INT) Passing. (9 Rushing Scores)
              This season, his third, he is even more comfortable as an NFL QB and that stud he was seen as is showing.(30/9 TD/INT in counting) Passing. (8 Rushing Scores)
              He did have 8 fumbles his rookie season, 14 his second, and is at 8 this season.

Brees played 1 game his rookie season, so that can't be compared to Lock or Allen.(In which he actually had a 94 rating in that game btw)
              His second and third seasons he looked rough, but still it was clear he had something, just needed to put it together...which from there he did.

The issue with the constant Allen and Lock comparison is they aren't the same QBs first off. Lock was never viewed as a project that's a potential stud. Lock was viewed as an at best Jay Cutler. It was said Lock had a gunslinger mentality but with bad mechanics and poor decision making...that was coming out of college and all of those are still present today.

The other issue with the constantly bring up of Josh Allen to defend Lock....people are acting like Josh was straight buns his first 2yrs when he wasn't. He had an understandable rookie season. His second season he was productive, had a good TD to INT ratio, but had an issue with fumbles. Meanwhile Josh is praised this season, but has the same number of fumbles he did his rookie season.

My point is Josh has always looked like he could be the guy, while Lock has never looked better than "Alright, he'd be a solid back up".
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                He may not be a "Rookie" but he sorta, kinda is. But even after one full season of starts he still needs LOTSA work. I wish he could have lit it up this year and he didn't . I have major doubts about him right now after this season. But I also still have some hope. We have young players all over the offense, we have had lots of bad passes, lots of dropped balls, lots of blown blocking assignments on the o-line, we need to get better at everything.
                I think that's the growing pains when starting from scratch?
                So we will see if these guys get it together with one more year being together.

Odds were not in his favor to light it up this year. First season as starter, 2nd Offense/OC, no off seasoning training, lost pro bowl caliber WR.

I could make arguments that part of Allen’s success is due to Diggs killing it. He has caught 120 passes with 80% catch rate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

Is that the same as saying the same people who are wanting more time for Lock would have wanted more time for Siemien, Lynch, Kelly?
                  those guys have multiple years in same system. Someone just never made a jump, low ceiling player. Lunch just wanted to play Xbox and never took it serious and sucked. I would have taken a shot with Kelly if he had his head in straight.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

And will give up on Justin Fields by week 6 if we draft him...
                    dont draft fields he is a buckeye. They suck at making NFL ready QBs. Last one to be decent was Pryor... after he switched to WR? Haskins, Cardale Jones, Braxton Miller are no longer employed.

Comment

Nope bc those two players showed promise.
                      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

You continue to underestimate the importance of a young offense building chemistry during the off/preseason.
                        Bc you people keep making excuses where other rookies this year coming and looking better than lock. You dont have to agree but you can expect other to feel the way you want us too.
                        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

Lmao thank you. People kill me thinking all qbs should be awarded the exact same time. This is the NFL and I can name a few qbs that did.

Josh rosen didn't get that time in Arizona or mia and now is a back up and was a top 12 pick and not no 2nd rd pick. This isn't elementary "everyone gets a turn".

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

Simply not true. If people can see someone clearly has potential and just needs to put everything together, fans and coaches would give said player time. If a player looks like he clearly isn't the man for the job, doesn't look to have any potential,etc....then its fair for fans or coaches to give up on them.

Josh Allen since college has always looked like a potential stud, he has questions makes in some areas but was generally viewed as a project with all the wanted assets a coach would want.
                            Even as a pro, he looked like he had potential, he just kept turning the ball over with fumbles more so than anything.
                            His first season he looked like a rookie NFL QB.(10/12 TD/INT) Passing. (8 Rushing Scores)
                            His second season he looked like he was finally getting an understand.(20/9 TD/INT) Passing. (9 Rushing Scores)
                            This season, his third, he is even more comfortable as an NFL QB and that stud he was seen as is showing.(30/9 TD/INT in counting) Passing. (8 Rushing Scores)
                            He did have 8 fumbles his rookie season, 14 his second, and is at 8 this season.

Brees played 1 game his rookie season, so that can't be compared to Lock or Allen.(In which he actually had a 94 rating in that game btw)
                            His second and third seasons he looked rough, but still it was clear he had something, just needed to put it together...which from there he did.

The issue with the constant Allen and Lock comparison is they aren't the same QBs first off. Lock was never viewed as a project that's a potential stud. Lock was viewed as an at best Jay Cutler. It was said Lock had a gunslinger mentality but with bad mechanics and poor decision making...that was coming out of college and all of those are still present today.

The other issue with the constantly bring up of Josh Allen to defend Lock....people are acting like Josh was straight buns his first 2yrs when he wasn't. He had an understandable rookie season. His second season he was productive, had a good TD to INT ratio, but had an issue with fumbles. Meanwhile Josh is praised this season, but has the same number of fumbles he did his rookie season.

My point is Josh has always looked like he could be the guy, while Lock has never looked better than "Alright, he'd be a solid back up".
                            I put that in another thread Allen improved every year and used his leggs to be a bigger threat and score additional tds. He comp can up each year too.

People just try to pull up certain people just to try to prove their point and don't really look at the players they are comparing.

Never expected lock to take ustao the playoffs in the first two or three years but grow, compete vs good teams, not beating up on sorry teams and still barely beating them. Sorry I can't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Bc you people keep making excuses where other rookies this year coming and looking better than lock. You dont have to agree but you can expect other to feel the way you want us too.
                              We're all just giving our two cents; ease up.

I'm sure those rookie-QBs would have looked better if they had a proper off/preseason too. (ex. Tua vs. Denver)

More importantly, I would expect Burrow (1), Tagovailoa (5), and Herbert (6) to outperform Lock (42),
                              who continues to play under a precarious OL in Denver.

It's a moot point as those QBs went before Jeudy at 15.

Comment

• So do the Broncos think about bringing Haskins in for a talk?
                                Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Working...
                                X