Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Nope bc those two players showed promise.

Drew Brees was benched in 2003, which was his third season in the league, after the Chargers started 1-7 and he threw 0 TDs and 5 INTs over a three-game stretch. He finished the season with 11 TDs and 15 INTs, with a QB rating of 67.5, which was among the league's lowest. Brees was 2-9 as the starter on the season and the Chargers ended up with the first overall pick. We all know what happened next.

Brees has also spoken about how in 2004 Schottenheimer gave him 'one more drive' to turn things around or else he was going to put Rivers in. If he goes out and doesn't score on that drive, we probably never hear of him again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bootleg View Post

Drew Brees was benched in 2003, which was his third season in the league, after the Chargers started 1-7 and he threw 0 TDs and 5 INTs over a three-game stretch. He finished the season with 11 TDs and 15 INTs, with a QB rating of 67.5, which was among the league's lowest. Brees was 2-9 as the starter on the season and the Chargers ended up with the first overall pick. We all know what happened next.

Brees has also spoken about how in 2004 Schottenheimer gave him 'one more drive' to turn things around or else he was going to put Rivers in. If he goes out and doesn't score on that drive, we probably never hear of him again.
      Good story, but do you think that Lock will turn into the 2nd coming of Drew Brees?
      To me he has every look of a less talented Jay Cutler, and I was not a fan of Cutler when he was here, and I cannot see Lock being more than mediocre at best, whereas Cutler had immense unrealised potential throughout.

Comment

• Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

We're all just giving our two cents; ease up.

I'm sure those rookie-QBs would have looked better if they had a proper off/preseason too. (ex. Tua vs. Denver)

More importantly, I would expect Burrow (1), Tagovailoa (5), and Herbert (6) to outperform Lock (42),
        who continues to play under a precarious OL in Denver.

It's a moot point as those QBs went before Jeudy at 15.
        Just bc you were drafted in 1st rd dont mean you are to he better than someone drafted in later rds. That portion make no sense.
        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Well you keep saying someone is a rookie and he is not...he is in the NFL....its what have you done for me lately and always will. If you feel like only top caliber qb can move out of the pocket and make a good throw is crazy....yall want to surround him by they perfect line, perfect wr, perfect coaches, perfect o.c., just for him to be good. He need everyone on offense, defense, st, parking lot attendant, popcorn stand worker all to be healthy all year and next get hurt for him to be a "good" qb.... this is crazy.....some of yall starting that "Tebow cult" crap from back in the day "for those that remember." He could do no wrong and walk on water. Crazy.
          Yeah, me and pretty much everyone who has a lick of common sense knows that practically speaking, a good portion of this season was essentially a rookie year. Sitting at home studying playbooks for a good part of the 2019 season doesn't teach a QB ****. He has to be on the field to play. And, those same people with common sense knows that this is a team sport, so a lot more than individual play goes into one's performance.

Tebow....hated those days and I'm glad they're gone. Comparing Tebow to Lock is even more idiotic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bootleg View Post

Lol smh ok lets go.

Brees starter in 2002 stats 3,284 17 td 16int
            Don't skip an entire year just to try to prove your point.

Again that was a completcompletely different NFL back in 2002. If lock played back then he would not have made through have a season. Qbs had no protection. Bump and run coverage on the wrs hence no 5 yrd rule. Wr got they head taken off. Dont try to compare those two NFL'S. Back qbs were given time

In today's nfl when you come fresh out the gate throwing over 4k years 5 k years.. all the qbs back then wish they could play in today's nfl. Saying the could have played 10 more years.

Lock is struggling in today's NFL....keep making excuses.
            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Good story, but do you think that Lock will turn into the 2nd coming of Drew Brees?
              To me he has every look of a less talented Jay Cutler, and I was not a fan of Cutler when he was here, and I cannot see Lock being more than mediocre at best, whereas Cutler had immense unrealised potential throughout.
              Hell naw he won't be no dress.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

Yeah, me and pretty much everyone who has a lick of common sense knows that practically speaking, a good portion of this season was essentially a rookie year. Sitting at home studying playbooks for a good part of the 2019 season doesn't teach a QB ****. He has to be on the field to play. And, those same people with common sense knows that this is a team sport, so a lot more than individual play goes into one's performance.

Tebow....hated those days and I'm glad they're gone. Comparing Tebow to Lock is even more idiotic.
                I'm not comparing Tebow to lock...im comparing the excuses made for them.

Trust i know hell of a lot about playing the qb position. I dont need to be justified by anyone on here.

Did Burrow and Herbert, and Jalen get that????
                The fact you keep calling lock a rookie. No point in replying to you any further. My signature says it all.

Comment

• It will be interesting to watch Lock as our starter again next season. Hopefully he will improve and the other young players on offense as well.

Don't fire anybody, keep all the players and coaching staff intact for one more year and see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                    It will be interesting to watch Lock as our starter again next season. Hopefully he will improve and the other young players on offense as well.

Don't fire anybody, keep all the players and coaching staff intact for one more year and see what happens.

It's probably what happens, I am not sure I like it. I do believe Lock puts in the work to improve this off-season, I am just not convinced that shows up as lots of improvement.

Comment

• Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post

It's probably what happens, I am not sure I like it. I do believe Lock puts in the work to improve this off-season, I am just not convinced that shows up as lots of improvement.
                      I have prepared myself for whatever goes on.
                      As much as I would like for us to win the Superbowl and be a great team, it takes time to develop a young talent.

Comment

I'm not comparing Tebow to lock...im comparing the excuses made for them.

Trust i know hell of a lot about playing the qb position. I dont need to be justified by anyone on here.

Did Burrow and Herbert, and Jalen get that????
                        The fact you keep calling lock a rookie. No point in replying to you any further. My signature says it all.
                        Burrow and Herbert had teams that said they would live or die with a rookie QB and got rid of competition. Was it a good decision? It sure looks like it. Jalen wasn't supposed to start this year but obviously should have started sooner. If nothing else just to see what they had in him, with an awful Wentz season.

Lock doesn't appear to be better than either of these 3 right now. I do seriously doubt Lock ends up ever being a solid franchise QB. While it is too early to confirm that, I am willing to eat lots of humble pie if I am wrong. Unless there is a huge shake up in the front office we will find out soon enough because Lock will get a chance next year to prove us wrong without serious change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                          It will be interesting to watch Lock as our starter again next season. Hopefully he will improve and the other young players on offense as well.

I believe he will be back no matter how bad he plays in the Raiders game. Not bc they necessarily want him. Elway doesn't want to pick/choose another qb.

Comment

Trust i know hell of a lot about playing the qb position.

Yeah, buddy. We all do, especially when we have 20/20 hindsight to work off.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

Yeah, buddy. We all do, especially when we have 20/20 hindsight to work off.
                              My signature says it all. Buddy.

Comment

• Hopefully we can draft a good quarterback in the mid rounds of the draft in the spring.

Comment

Working...
                                X