Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

But guys like Sutton and Fant have praised Lockat various points as have Jeudy and Hamler. Gordon has only played with Phillip Rivers so of course he’s going to say that because he’s likely comparing him to a future HoFer. Lock does have a lot to learn but that doesn’t mean he isn’t learning.
    In public the team praised Tebow. But, after Tebow was gone, many players said it was a dumpster fire (including Champ Bailey, of all guys), and the only reason they said good things about him was because it was the P.R. correct thing to do. Gordon spoke the truth, and given Lock's performance, I expect many players share the same opinion. Lock is playing bottom-of-the-league quarterback performance. You don't have to compare him to an HOF QB to know this.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

In public the team praised Tebow. But, after Tebow was gone, many players said it was a dumpster fire (including Champ Bailey, of all guys), and the only reason they said good things about him was because it was the P.R. correct thing to do. Gordon spoke the truth, and given Lock's performance, I expect many players share the same opinion. Lock is playing bottom-of-the-league quarterback performance. You don't have to compare him to an HOF QB to know this.
      No but every second year QB has a lot to learn. It isn’t an indictment of him. As long as he’s learning it’s fine and I do see him learning every game. He just has to break the mentality of having to make something out of nothing every single play.

Comment

• I Think Drew Lock starts for the Broncos again next season!

(I hope E2DS approves this message)

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

No but every second year QB has a lot to learn. It isn’t an indictment of him. As long as he’s learning it’s fine and I do see him learning every game. He just has to break the mentality of having to make something out of nothing every single play.
          Of course they do. But, that doesn't mean they all play the same quality game. Lock's thrown an INT in 12 straight games. That includes the last game. Certainly not all are all his fault. His last one a person could argue the receivers gave up on him before the play was over. That includes Tim Patrick, who usually plays hard. But Lock continues to fall back on his instincts, and his instincts tell him he can make the pass even when he can't. Throw in his lousy footwork...he's not as talented as Mahommes, who can get away with that stuff.

I'm not giving up on him. But, I sure wouldn't sit on my hands hoping he turns out good. Most QB's don't. The Broncos need to have a contingency plan. If Lock's truly getting it like you believe, he'll be able to hold on to his job. If not, too bad. Move aside for a better player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
            I Think Drew Lock starts for the Broncos again next season!

(I hope E2DS approves this message)
            Likely he will. These Broncos haven't been known to make the best decisions the past 5 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Just bc you were drafted in 1st rd dont mean you are to he better than someone drafted in later rds. That portion make no sense.
              Certainly, there exist exceptions to the rule.
              If given a re-draft, I'm sure Brady would go top-3 overall.

There's a reason most fans would select OT Penei Sewell in round one over OT Cole Van Lanen.

It's a moot point because the Broncos didn't leverage its future to select a top-6 QB.
              Instead, Denver drafted Lock 42nd and signed Flacco as a stop-gap, think Manning.

To your point, I think Lock ('19, 42nd overall) will have a better career than Dwayne Haskins ('19, 15th overall).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

My signature says it all
                Your sig is vague enough to be meaningless. So...kudos?
                Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post

he is also assuming with that statement that every one has signitures showing. which i didn't even know you had to go in and enable it.
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• I'm not really a Lock fan, certainly not an Elway fan: but , if Jerry Juedy (spell check) would have caught all 5 of those passes he dropped, we would have won the game.
                    Then; I bet a lot more peeps would be expecting him back next year.
                    I think it must be hard for any body to be a good player with this coaching staff.
                    I say keep most players, for awhile and let the new owners and GM see what they can do.
                    Elway has been resting on his laurels from back when he was a QB. Only Peyton gave him some success as a GM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

Well, locker room talk is that Lock has a ways to go. They interviewed Melvin Gordon, and Gordon flat out said Lock has a lot to learn, and the team has to believe in him whether or not he does good. That's pretty damning, coming from a teammate. Hearing it at the end of the year tells me that the locker room doesn't really believe he's going to be the man.
                      I think Lock does have a way to go. If you (generic you, not you in particular) didn't realize that Lock was going to take time to develop then you weren't paying attention when he was drafted. He had a few games as a rookie and now he's had one season as the starter (even though he was out for a chunk of the year). That's not enough of a sample size to determine a QB's future and it would be foolish to move on from him right now.

Comment

I think Lock does have a way to go. If you (generic you, not you in particular) didn't realize that Lock was going to take time to develop then you weren't paying attention when he was drafted. He had a few games as a rookie and now he's had one season as the starter (even though he was out for a chunk of the year). That's not enough of a sample size to determine a QB's future and it would be foolish to move on from him right now.
                        people want instant gratification and that just doesn't generally happen. some people denying obvious facts to just say 1 bad season and move on even though QB have recovered from worst. it takes times for any young QB to develop. not many QB are great year 1 starting. alot of step up after year one. you also hear ocs talk about how they are getting the system installed year 1 and then can open it up year 2 and actually use there whole play book.
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm
                        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

people want instant gratification and that just doesn't generally happen. some people denying obvious facts to just say 1 bad season and move on even though QB have recovered from worst. it takes times for any young QB to develop. not many QB are great year 1 starting. alot of step up after year one. you also hear ocs talk about how they are getting the system installed year 1 and then can open it up year 2 and actually use there whole play book.
                          All true. And Lock was drafted where he was for a reason. No one running an NFL franchise expected him to be able to come in right away and be a competent starter. We ended up drafting him while expecting him to sit behind a QB that we thought was going to be the starter for a couple of seasons, maybe more. Just the fact that he took over that job towards the end of last season actually puts him ahead of expectations. But people forget that. Probably because they are spoiled by a franchise that has had a lot of good seasons out of the last forty years or so.

Comment

All true. And Lock was drafted where he was for a reason. No one running an NFL franchise expected him to be able to come in right away and be a competent starter. We ended up drafting him while expecting him to sit behind a QB that we thought was going to be the starter for a couple of seasons, maybe more. Just the fact that he took over that job towards the end of last season actually puts him ahead of expectations. But people forget that. Probably because they are spoiled by a franchise that has had a lot of good seasons out of the last forty years or so.
                            I remember people saying we should have taken him at 10 that year, he just so happen to fall to the second round. So I'd say he was considered a 1st round prospect that is really struggling. You can't sit and hope for the guy to pan out. This team is not in a cake walk division anymore so if Lock can't get us wins we cut the ties and find a better option.

If there is no better options and we have to roll with Lock he better have at least 8 wins next year. Make big leaps in his play. Cut down on the turnovers and for thr love of all football beat the darn chiefs.
                            :go:

Comment

Thats because you don't know or just don't want to know. Oh well your problem not mine.
                              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Message for E2DS

I just saw in a mock draft that the Broncos are taking Justin Fields

Comment

Working...
                                X