Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    My plan is to have the best players on our active roster. Flacco is better than Lock. Allen is better than Lock right now. Their is no rush to bring him back. I would love to see him come in next year and take the job from Flacco.

We can afford to let Lock sit. Let me illustrate like this:
    If i bought a home i was gonna live in the next 20 years, i wouldn’t move in immediately. I would remodel the inside and get the landscape exactly how I wanted so once i moved in I could enjoy my home.

Lock i believe can be our qb for the next 10 to 15 years. He needs to better learn this offense, and the broncos need to surround him with better talent on the line and receivers. They also need to work out the kinks in the offense, and I’m fine with Flacco having to carry that load.
    Meanwhile Lock can work on:
    Learning offense
    Observe
    On his own work on:
    his footwork
    Study film
    Throwing mechanics
    Get stronger

This season is what it is, if Flacco was injured I would be interested in seeing Lock but right now we need to focus on filling other holes in the offense.

When Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers stepped in as starters their teams offensive schemes were set and successful they took them to another level.

Lock can do that for our offense but right now It’s still a work in progress.
    This only really matters if you believe we have a chance this year. If you don't, why worry about who is or isn't the best player on the roster?
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

• Leaving lock on IR never lets him develop, then there is no idea how good he is/can be...and then his second contract comes up and we have a Brock situation... offerer stupid QB money for an unknown,,,,.we got lucky someone took the Brock headache off our plate...

Throw lock in,,,,see wha5 he has therefore what we have... and go from there..
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
        Leaving lock on IR never lets him develop, then there is no idea how good he is/can be...and then his second contract comes up and we have a Brock situation... offerer stupid QB money for an unknown,,,,.we got lucky someone took the Brock headache off our plate...

Throw lock in,,,,see wha5 he has therefore what we have... and go from there..
        Never? How bout next season and the year after that and after that.
        If he didn’t get injured it would be one thing but right now he will just take up a roster spot that won’t play and we need to see what we have, along with getting our offense worked out.
        Tim Patrick is a really good special teams player and would push Hamilton for playing time.
        Riddick would give us a slot receiver.

Lock gives us a guy to hold a clipboard which he doesn’t need to be suited up for.
        I get he won’t be able to practice but he is already gonna be 6 weeks behind Allen, why try to force it ? We have a starting QBs through next year in Flacco, and Alle. Can manage the back up role.

I guess will find out in a couple weeks, maybe Riddick won’t look like he can help us and will bring back Lock.
        But the smart move is Patrick and Riddick.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
          Riddick should have never been signed imo . He should remain on IR . Bring Lock and Patrick back.
          I’ll go a step further and say he should’ve been outright released instead of put on IR once injured.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
            This only really matters if you believe we have a chance this year. If you don't, why worry about who is or isn't the best player on the roster?
            Because that is the culture we need to develop on this team. Not this guy was drafted high so he plays. No the best player plays, Allen is a better back up than Lock right now.
            Sanders is playing for his next contract I’m sure he wants the best QBs throwing him the ball and not a kid who hasn’t put in the work.
            Our offense is too inconsistent to throw a kid in there right now.
            sigpic

Comment

• Let Lock play the last 4 games and build momentum to carry into the offseason, or see what needs to be corrected over the off season. Any head start they can get in either area will help his development IMHO. Unless they are able to rip off 9 in a row to get themselves into the playoffs, that would be my plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                I’ll go a step further and say he should’ve been outright released instead of put on IR once injured.
                I believe doing that forces the team to pay an injury settlement.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                  The offense Scangerello is running needs good receiving running backs like tevin Coleman. Riddick is a great route running receiving back and gives us another weapon something we need, has caught 50+ passes last four seasons.
                  This offense is finding its identity.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                    Let Lock play the last 4 games and build momentum to carry into the offseason, or see what needs to be corrected over the off season. Any head start they can get in either area will help his development IMHO. Unless they are able to rip off 9 in a row to get themselves into the playoffs, that would be my plan.
                    So tell the entire team that you won’t have to earn your position on this team, that is how you lose a locker room.
                    Flacco hasn’t been great but he put us ahead twice this season late in games and the defense couldn’t hold leads with 31 seconds and 1:30 seconds. Playbook would have to be dumbed down so rookie could get reps which hurts every one else on the team accept maybe him.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                      So tell the entire team that you won’t have to earn your position on this team, that is how you lose a locker room.
                      Flacco hasn’t been great but he put us ahead twice this season late in games and the defense couldn’t hold leads with 31 seconds and 1:30 seconds. Playbook would have to be dumbed down so rookie could get reps which hurts every one else on the team accept maybe him.
                      It's a business, everyone (including players) understands how it goes. You also lose a locker room by continuously losing with no plan to change your losing course.

Comment

• I want players that will be on this team in the future. I can see TP and we know Lock will be. Theo will be gone after this year and should have never been signed. Lock needs the reps and if Sanders is traded we will need TP to also get reps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                          It's a business, everyone (including players) understands how it goes. You also lose a locker room by continuously losing with no plan to change your losing course.
                          It is business, and inexperience is unprofessional. Lock needs to make it out of the preseason healthy and put it the work. That’s what I expect out of every player on this team.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                            I want players that will be on this team in the future. I can see TP and we know Lock will be. Theo will be gone after this year and should have never been signed. Lock needs the reps and if Sanders is traded we will need TP to also get reps.
                            Exactly! Lock has a job, no question. Patrick and Riddick can actually help us now.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Where does this notion that Brandon Allen is a better QB than Lock come from?

Comment

• This notion that high draft pick QBs need to win a QB competition to start playing is something I’ve seen lots of Bronco fans put forward in recent years to defend the team’s poor handling of young QBs. It’s not rooted in reality or the history of the NFL though. Most highly drafted QBs are just given the job, and they are rarely the best QB on the roster when it happens. The idea is that players learn better by playing in actual games, and the team learns sooner if they’ve found their guy or not. The only reason to play a sub-par veteran over a high draft pick rookie is if you are actually trying to make the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X