No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All in all I really hope Drew gets it together. What I want is for him to finish the season strong, and come training camp and all that, he looks ready, encouraged, poised and like he is determined to prove he is the guy. I want him to prove me and everyone who think he's a solid backup at best, wrong.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• NFLPA president JC Tretter wants permanent changes to offseason schedule.

He wants to eliminate OTA's and limited training camp. I highly doubt these changes will be permanent but guys like Lock will 100% need the extra reps to progress, along with Jeudy every player that isn't in that superstar status. If changes are made permanent it will make a higher priority on veteran or high profiled QBs. Teams won't be as eager to try out project QBs like Lock

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
        All in all I really hope Drew gets it together. What I want is for him to finish the season strong, and come training camp and all that, he looks ready, encouraged, poised and like he is determined to prove he is the guy. I want him to prove me and everyone who think he's a solid backup at best, wrong.
        I want to see him back up Justin Fields Next August but then I remember Elway and Russell are still making draft selections for Denver

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
          https://nfltraderumors.co/afc-notes-...fs-raiders-21/

Gordon certainly doesn't hold back his thoughts either. A teammates opinion on one another says a lot to me. Usually it's in house and behind the microphone they all support one another. For a teammate to say or imply that the main piece is the make or break missing piece tells me there is zero confidence and I'm betting Gordon isn't the only one who thinks that
          He's not really saying much here. The Defense, injuries aside, is good enough to compete in the NFL. The O-Line, the RB's, the TE's, the WR's...all of those units are either staffed or one player away, should be good to go by the start of next season if the FO makes smart decisions. Our OC, although not a miracle worker, can call a decent game and come up with a solid gameplan. We need Drew Lock to step it up and play competently (at least) going into next season to progress. I think I said the same thing about three weeks ago. The team will only go forward if Lock improves.
          Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post

He's not really saying much here. The Defense, injuries aside, is good enough to compete in the NFL. The O-Line, the RB's, the TE's, the WR's...all of those units are either staffed or one player away, should be good to go by the start of next season if the FO makes smart decisions. Our OC, although not a miracle worker, can call a decent game and come up with a solid gameplan. We need Drew Lock to step it up and play competently (at least) going into next season to progress. I think I said the same thing about three weeks ago. The team will only go forward if Lock improves.
            And three weeks later would you say he has improved much? I can't.
            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• I think just like some of the other young QBs that struggled for a couple years then improved, the same thing will happen with Lock.
              We will all know for sure next year this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

And three weeks later would you say he has improved much? I can't.
                Actually, he did show improvement in the very next game after I made the comment. Then he had a game where he didn't play all that well. Then he had a game where they kept feeding Jeudy, and Jeudy couldn't even catch half the passes thrown to him. But Jeudy does have time time to get better at his position just like Lock does so I'm not really looking for an easy scapegoat for a crappy season as so many of you have been doling lately.
                Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                  I think just like some of the other young QBs that struggled for a couple years then improved, the same thing will happen with Lock.
                  We will all know for sure next year this time.

I hope you are right...but...if we have to wait by this time next year that means we had another bad season. We should know if he made the turn or not by week one, imo

Comment

Thats pretty much what Gordons sentiments were, saying this team is ready to compete now but that position is the make it or break it. If your teammates don't know if you can make it then they are all thinking he is going to break it....that's how I took it

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

I hope you are right...but...if we have to wait by this time next year that means we had another bad season. We should know if he made the turn or not by week one, imo
                      I think by week 6 next year? We gotta be around 4-2 or by week 8, maybe 5-3. If we do not have a winning record by week 8 next year, we got BIG problems.

Comment

Actually, he did show improvement in the very next game after I made the comment. Then he had a game where he didn't play all that well. Then he had a game where they kept feeding Jeudy, and Jeudy couldn't even catch half the passes thrown to him. But Jeudy does have time time to get better at his position just like Lock does so I'm not really looking for an easy scapegoat for a crappy season as so many of you have been doling lately.
                        Dude stop.... people are on her saying she showed improvement bc he stepped up in the pocket something she should have been doing since jump. Scapegoat??? Scapfacts Denver us so qb deprived the smallest improvement seem huge. At the end of they year your are what you are no one is going be like well they dropped a lot of passes....you know how many qbs in the past could have said the same thing????...if funny when wrs drop has they blame them but when the wr make great catches for lock yall dont say crap...it goes both ways.
                        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Man,, I need a raincoat for all the crying about Drew Lock in this thread!!!!!

Comment

• I sure can use a lawyer for all the excuses I hear lock...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

I want to see him back up Justin Fields Next August but then I remember Elway and Russell are still making draft selections for Denver
                              Ohio St QBs shouldn't be valued much....the last barely average talent they put out at QB was switched to WR.(Pryor)
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

Ohio St QBs shouldn't be valued much....the last barely average talent they put out at QB was switched to WR.(Pryor)
                                Braxton Miller was also switched to WR at the NFL level. Ohio St. QBs may be worse than USC QBs at translating to the NFL.
                                Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

Working...
                                X