No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drew lock will return to be the broncos starting qb in 2021. Gooooo Broncos!!!!!
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      https://nfltraderumors.co/afc-notes-...fs-raiders-21/

Gordon certainly doesn't hold back his thoughts either. A teammates opinion on one another says a lot to me. Usually it's in house and behind the microphone they all support one another. For a teammate to say or imply that the main piece is the make or break missing piece tells me there is zero confidence and I'm betting Gordon isn't the only one who thinks that
      You are inserting a lot of your own opinion into that Gordon statement. He states Lock playing well is make or break for the team. Where is the “zero confidence” in his comment?

I admit I have mixed emotions on what Lock has done this year. Inconsistent is being kind. Every time I’m ready to give up on the young man he puts together some throws or plays that change my mind. There have been comments praising him in the locker room too. It would be interesting to see a full appraisal from behind the scenes of his work ethic, FB IQ, and leadership presence. Especially from someone other then a player like Gordon. His actions in SD created locker room issues. Here he makes a dumbass decision with a DUI and likely 2021 suspension.

I have similar frustrations with Elway and the coaching staff. Inconsistent!

I am an advocate for consistency and trying to develop stability. As difficult as it may seem to do “nothing” that appears to be the best course of action IMO. Let the coaching staff do their jobs. Let Elway add some talent. Let the players return healthy and get an off-season of development. Let Lock build on his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. Let the franchise have time to catch their breath and have a “normal” preparation instead of the chaos of this season.

JMO but I prefer they attempt to develop some consistency in Lock, coaches, Elway instead of another year of change just for the sake of change due to fan frustrations.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

You are inserting a lot of your own opinion into that Gordon statement. He states Lock playing well is make or break for the team. Where is the “zero confidence” in his comment?

I admit I have mixed emotions on what Lock has done this year. Inconsistent is being kind. Every time I’m ready to give up on the young man he puts together some throws or plays that change my mind. There have been comments praising him in the locker room too. It would be interesting to see a full appraisal from behind the scenes of his work ethic, FB IQ, and leadership presence. Especially from someone other then a player like Gordon. His actions in SD created locker room issues. Here he makes a dumbass decision with a DUI and likely 2021 suspension.

I have similar frustrations with Elway and the coaching staff. Inconsistent!

I am an advocate for consistency and trying to develop stability. As difficult as it may seem to do “nothing” that appears to be the best course of action IMO. Let the coaching staff do their jobs. Let Elway add some talent. Let the players return healthy and get an off-season of development. Let Lock build on his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. Let the franchise have time to catch their breath and have a “normal” preparation instead of the chaos of this season.

JMO but I prefer they attempt to develop some consistency in Lock, coaches, Elway instead of another year of change just for the sake of change due to fan frustrations.
        "We have a window for this team, and he's the piece that will make or break it" .... Gordon's quote.

Maybe it's just me but if there was any confidence at all in your starting QB you wouldn't even suggest he can break it.

Comment

• I was disappointed with Lock's showing this season. But I saw on one of the local Broncos News guys quoting now that Drew has 16 games under his belt, you can kind of look at it sort 'as a season' ......makes it easy to compare. And all in all, for a 1st season QB ...... stats weren't that terrible. I know stats can be slanted but there's more to consider too... no offseason, the #1 Wideout out for the season.

I'm not ready to give up on Drew. I just hate to keep having to give it another season. Shurmur needs to go though. I can see where this ends for him ...... so there's no point in delaying it. Even if is the 7oc in 7 years ..........or however many it is

EDIT just want to add that I have only seen a couple games this season so my opinion is not based on much more than stats alone.
          Last edited by dizzolve; 01-01-2021, 09:04 AM.
          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
            I was disappointed with Lock's showing this season. But I saw on one of the local Broncos News guys quoting now that Drew has 16 games under his belt, you can kind of look at it sort 'as a season' ......makes it easy to compare. And all in all, for a 1st season QB ...... stats weren't that terrible. I know stats can be slanted but there's more to consider too... no offseason, the #1 Wideout out for the season.

I'm not ready to give up on Drew. I just hate to keep having to give it another season. Shurmur needs to go though. I can see where this ends for him ...... so there's no point in delaying it. Even if is the 7oc in 7 years ..........or however many it is

EDIT just want to add that I have only seen a couple games this season so my opinion is not based on much more than stats alone.
            I'm not a big fan of using the lack of off-season as an excuse for Lock because nobody had an off-season and there are lots of other rookie or 2nd year guys who are playing extremely well....

If you are playing in the NFL you have skills, period. Those skills can only get you so far if you don't have the mental drive to push you forward. I have serious questions around Locks mental capabilities. I'm not saying he isn't smart, I just question how much he really wants this.

Comment

"We have a window for this team, and he's the piece that will make or break it" .... Gordon's quote.

Maybe it's just me but if there was any confidence at all in your starting QB you wouldn't even suggest he can break it.
              I do not even completely disagree with his statement. Lock has been inconsistent. He develops, the chances of winning increase. He doesn't and the Broncos will still struggle for wins.

I just disagree that Gordon's comments are "confidence" related. Is Gordon the desired spokesman for the offense? Do the players share his opinion or even have confidence in him? Lock is a focal point of blame, but how much confidence do the players have in the O-line struggles (Cush and RT, seriously Wilkerson!), Juedy's drops, OC play calling or even Gordon? Would Gordon or the players have "more confidence" in a rookie or free agent brought in? It has been a rough year on the field, finger pointing is the last thing they need inside the building.

No issue with the concept that Lock has to be better. My point is we have no clue what the locker room sees every day. Can he make better decisions and improve his footwork and accuracy? They should be critical of Lock, he had some horrible moments this season. But there is enough tape of other players in all three phases that helped "make or break" a lot of games.

Bottom line, if they choose to replace coaches or players this off-season there is little argument against it. I did watch every game. I did see some moments of optimism. I am just of the opinion that the Broncos need to fix the issues not try to create more by shuffling the deck once again. They want to upgrade the QB, I'm all for it. Same with the coaches. The issue is who are they turning to next and are they really "upgrades" if they don't have a couple seasons to work it out. Which is the solution I am reluctantly choosing to give to Lock and current coaches. They have to improve. The million dollar question is always can they? At the moment I am open to giving them the chance to do so.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of using the lack of off-season as an excuse for Lock because nobody had an off-season and there are lots of other rookie or 2nd year guys who are playing extremely well....

If you are playing in the NFL you have skills, period. Those skills can only get you so far if you don't have the mental drive to push you forward. I have serious questions around Locks mental capabilities. I'm not saying he isn't smart, I just question how much he really wants this.
                You are my new Broncos bff....who would thunk it. Lol.
                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

You know I believe and agree with you 100%. But I just don't think Elway will pull the trigger on a qb in the 1st this year. The same excuses people use on here Elway feeds himself. He is gonna attach his wagon th lock and let the chips fall where they may.

Comment

I see what your saying about the mental game.... I haven’t even really seen this guy audible out of the play. That’s one thing I would need to see from Lock. You see the defense aligning to shut down your play.. Please find a way to audible into something successful. I’m not asking for Manning level audibles, but man if you can’t do that as a NFL QB it’s time to go.

"Dwight Howard On The Post Dog!!"

Comment

https://nfltraderumors.co/afc-notes-...fs-raiders-21/

Gordon certainly doesn't hold back his thoughts either. A teammates opinion on one another says a lot to me. Usually it's in house and behind the microphone they all support one another. For a teammate to say or imply that the main piece is the make or break missing piece tells me there is zero confidence and I'm betting Gordon isn't the only one who thinks that
                      Doesn't hold back You consistently put too much stock into these poorly written fan articles around the place, you always do. The direct quote doesn't imply anything you or the fan who wrote that article alluded to. "He's the piece that's going to make or break us", pretty standard, nothing to see here. I could actually interpret the first half of that quote completly differently and write an article saying that Gordon thinks Lock is the guy, says he will make this team. These "articles" are no different to forums and their voices hold zero authority or worth.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post

Doesn't hold back You consistently put too much stock into these poorly written fan articles around the place, you always do. The direct quote doesn't imply anything you or the fan who wrote that article alluded to. "He's the piece that's going to make or break us", pretty standard, nothing to see here. I could actually interpret the first half of that quote completly differently and write an article saying that Gordon thinks Lock is the guy, says he will make this team. These "articles" are no different to forums and their voices hold zero authority or worth.
                        So I guess I should just pack it in and say sayonara....since my opinion is just faceless fueled by poorly written fan articles....I mean it's not like this is a message board or anything

Comment

So I guess I should just pack it in and say sayonara....since my opinion is just faceless fueled by poorly written fan articles....I mean it's not like this is a message board or anything
                          Not saying that, just pointing out that these articles are clearly worthless as highlighted, and shouldn't be the basis for anyone's opinion, that is all.

Comment

• How many people slamming Ohio State quarterbacks weren’t doing the same with Alabama quarterbacks?

If Tua can change the narrative about Alabama quarterbacks Fields might be able to do the same for Ohio State.

USC quarterbacks have been far more successful than either btw.
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

Braxton Miller was also switched to WR at the NFL level. Ohio St. QBs may be worse than USC QBs at translating to the NFL.
                              Yes but Terrelle was the only one to have a career that briefly looked decent at the wide out position....then it went down hill.
                              But I agree they are worst than USC at QBs transitioning to the NFL.
                              I remember Bronco fans wanting Braxton, I remember seeing some want us to draft Haskins. They put up good numbers in a mediocre conference, surrounded by other talents, mainly always have elites on the defensive side of the ball. But it's normal for college QBs to look good in College,history is filled with players that looked elite in college, but weren't.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Dude stop.... people are on her saying she showed improvement bc he stepped up in the pocket something she should have been doing since jump. Scapegoat??? Scapfacts Denver us so qb deprived the smallest improvement seem huge. At the end of they year your are what you are no one is going be like well they dropped a lot of passes....you know how many qbs in the past could have said the same thing????...if funny when wrs drop has they blame them but when the wr make great catches for lock yall dont say crap...it goes both ways.
                                I have no idea what you are trying to say here.
                                Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Working...
                                X