No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So something that likely is not even being considered with lock and any other rookie QB like herbert and burrow is the fact they haven't had to deal with crowd noise this year, mainly road games of course.

Lock had 2 road starts end of last year, houston which wasn't much there and kc in that snowstorm, so basically he doesn't even really know the effects of crowd noise on the road games.

If he can't perform at a high level with no noise, one can only imagine how poor he could possibly play when that time comes.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
      So something that likely is not even being considered with lock and any other rookie QB like herbert and burrow is the fact they haven't had to deal with crowd noise this year, mainly road games of course.

Lock had 2 road starts end of last year, houston which wasn't much there and kc in that snowstorm, so basically he doesn't even really know the effects of crowd noise on the road games.

If he can't perform at a high level with no noise, one can only imagine how poor he could possibly play when that time comes.
      I hope this weekends Drew's last start in Denver. Hes just not the guy.

Comment

So something that likely is not even being considered with lock and any other rookie QB like herbert and burrow is the fact they haven't had to deal with crowd noise this year, mainly road games of course.

Agreed never thought of that. Very good point. I never wanted the Raiders to win so badly. We need a qb.
        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

I hope this weekends Drew's last start in Denver. Hes just not the guy.
          You and me both....if we win we won't get anyone got. There is no point in winning this game.
          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

A very good point, never even thought of that. I think Herbert was a superior prospect to Lock and is just a good football player, but it will be interesting to see how all the young guys go in year 2, especially those who looked very good in year 1.

Comment

• No one in the FO came out and definitively said Lock is our guy going into next year. I think that tells us a lot. Why would you want to continue to field those questions? Someone would have said hey Lock is our guy next year so I know we will seriously be looking into that position I think. I think they only roll with Lock if nothing better comes along. They know what they want to do about Lock already they just won't come out and say it.

Me personally I feel Lock just didn't seize this moment. Maybe he just felt that it would be handed to him I don’t know. He had every chance to show Denver he's the guy but in big time games he couldn't get it done. So I have no attachment and if we get a new Qb or if Lock doesn't start next year I won't feel any type of way about it.
              :go:

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
                No one in the FO came out and definitively said Lock is our guy going into next year. I think that tells us a lot. Why would you want to continue to field those questions? Someone would have said hey Lock is our guy next year so I know we will seriously be looking into that position I think. I think they only roll with Lock if nothing better comes along. They know what they want to do about Lock already they just won't come out and say it.

Me personally I feel Lock just didn't seize this moment. Maybe he just felt that it would be handed to him I don’t know. He had every chance to show Denver he's the guy but in big time games he couldn't get it done. So I have no attachment and if we get a new Qb or if Lock doesn't start next year I won't feel any type of way about it.
                He just isn't a great quarterback, it was always going to be an uphill battle for him based on his play at Missouri, he was an average prospect. I agree though, I think he gets the nod unless something else comes along, it will just be a question of what are they going to be looking for ? If it is a retread quarterback like Foles, I am dead against that and would prefer Lock every day of the week if that is the approach. If it is a rookie, I hope we are aggressive and move up to try and get a genuine quarterback prospect inside the top 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Agreed never thought of that. Very good point. I never wanted the Raiders to win so badly. We need a qb.
                  Broncos Fan Card Revoked
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Broncos Fan Card Revoked
                    Nope....you fault if you can't see the bigger picture. Sorry not sorry.

Comment

• I hope Drew Lock has his best game as a pro tomorrow, and we pillage and plunder the Raiders!!!!
                      (Tomorrow's game for me is our Super Bowl this year)

I will have good food and good beer and enjoy the great rivalry between the Raiders and the Broncos!!!!

Comment

• For the life of me I can't remember if we had the same OC last season . Or was this season Shumers 1st ?

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                          For the life of me I can't remember if we had the same OC last season . Or was this season Shumers 1st ?
                          This is his first season

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Nope....you fault if you can't see the bigger picture. Sorry not sorry.
                            I think you’re the one who doesn’t see the picture, big or small.

They can win the game and Lock still looks like he’s not the answer at quarterback.

He might play great and they still decide to at least bring in competition that might prove to be better.
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
                              No one in the FO came out and definitively said Lock is our guy going into next year. I think that tells us a lot. Why would you want to continue to field those questions? Someone would have said hey Lock is our guy next year so I know we will seriously be looking into that position I think. I think they only roll with Lock if nothing better comes along. They know what they want to do about Lock already they just won't come out and say it.

Even though no-one in the FO has come right out and said it, from what I've been gathering from the Broncos' beat reporters, they are making it seem like Lock will be back as the starter next year. Of course they don't know that, but they usually have their fingers on the pulse of Elway's plans. Its still really early, but based on the reports I've seen, right now it doesn't sound like any major moves are expected at QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

I think you’re the one who doesn’t see the picture, big or small.

They can win the game and Lock still looks like he’s not the answer at quarterback.

He might play great and they still decide to at least bring in competition that might prove to be better.
                                No you still don't see the picture winning the game means what? Playoffs? Winning seasons? First rd by? Home field playoff game? I'll give you the answers all equal NO. WINNING the game will give us a worst draft pick when we need an impact player. Again sorry no sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X