Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
    Lock did enough to keep him in the hunt for next year. But, so far he's not anything special. If the Broncos were thinking strategically, they should be chasing a top rookie QB in the draft. But, I won't be surprised if they don't.
    Whoever we can get will be about the same caliber as Lock. Nobody is going to give up the top two prospects in the draft. QB is too important.

    An exciting time to be a Jags fan though!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Tdeng88 View Post
      Lock was a project coming in we all knee this. It's obvious to see the game is still way to fast for him. He isnt just playing/reacting. The play that illustrates this best imo is when we were in atl and he was sprinting out of bounce behind the line of scrimmage he was going to take the loss of yards instead of throwing it away until the sideline yelled. Do I welcome another qb? Absolutely. But what are our realistic options trevor Lawrence and fields are not realistic. Your setting yourself up to be disappointed or to have something to cry about for another whole season. Stafford is intriguing but his injuries scare me. And if he were to suffer one theres another thing for you to cry about. Matt Ryan I dont think leaves atl but I also am not sold he is a winner for obvious reasons. So which qb do we draft at 9 that drastically makes this team better and can play week one? Or do we grab one in the later rounds?
      Agree. Generally, we’re already looking at next years Bronco team. We can hope they learn and improve. Interns of talent at QB, that position is where it is. No significant upgrades available.

      I know this is blasphemy, but man, what a great year to have the 1st pick. Wish we didn’t win those games.

      Comment


      • I’m guessing they’ll bring in a 2nd tier vet to compete. We’ll see how it all shakes out. I’m really not expecting any blockbuster trades, though I’m not opposed.

        At this point I’m just hoping 2021 is better. My expectations are pretty low.

        I think there’s probably a 60% chance Lock is the 2021 starter, 38% chance it’s a vet FA, 2% chance it’s a miracle baby drafted QB.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • I'm okay with sticking with Lock for one more year, BUT he has to cut down on the turnovers. Tying with Carson Wentz for the league lead in interceptions is unacceptable when you don't even play a full 16 games. Though neither did Wentz, so at least Lock wasn't alone in being the absolute worst. Hopefully getting Sutton and Fant back to 100% will do wonders for his confidence and comfort.
          Eternal Broncos Optimist

          Comment


          • Lock has a lot of work to do. But all in all I think he showed just barely enough to be the guy next season. There will be improvement next season, but the real question will be how much of it is Lock improving and how much of it is everyone on the offense knowing the scheme better and progressing themselves since most guys are young.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
              I'm okay with sticking with Lock for one more year, BUT he has to cut down on the turnovers. Tying with Carson Wentz for the league lead in interceptions is unacceptable when you don't even play a full 16 games. Though neither did Wentz, so at least Lock wasn't alone in being the absolute worst. Hopefully getting Sutton and Fant back to 100% will do wonders for his confidence and comfort.
              Don’t forget Albert O, he was one of Lock’s favorite targets. Lock went to him pretty much anytime he came on the field.

              Comment


              • That Jeudy TD was sweet .......... but Lock really stared him down again on that throw.
                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

                Comment


                • Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                  That Jeudy TD was sweet .......... but Lock really stared him down again on that throw.
                  Yep it was probably because he couldn't believe how wide open he was. Just kidding .

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                    That Jeudy TD was sweet .......... but Lock really stared him down again on that throw.
                    Well there were 3 targets all in his line of sight for much of that route.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

                      Don’t forget Albert O, he was one of Lock’s favorite targets. Lock went to him pretty much anytime he came on the field.
                      I think a healthy Albert O and Hamler, as well as Tyrie Cleavland give Denver lots of secondary weapons next season. A strong running game will help whoever starts next year too.

                      Comment


                      • I had very high hopes for Fant, but if Albert O is fit next year, he cuts into Fants targets. It still doesn't seem like Lock and Fant are on the same wavelength

                        Comment


                        • A healthy Albert O would also likely help resolve the red zone issues we saw this season.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

                            Lmao lock is better than regimes fields...please explain?? Compare college and lock has a losing record and tied for 1st with int after missing like 2 games.
                            Locks has won 8 games in the NFL Fields zero!
                            Let’s see what Fields does vs Bama’s defense. Those floaters he throws gonna get knocked down in my opinion.
                            Maybe it’s their offense but he looks slow.
                            Tua was another great college Qb throwing to wide open receivers looks lost in the NFL.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

                              "We have a window for this team, and he's the piece that will make or break it" .... Gordon's quote.

                              Maybe it's just me but if there was any confidence at all in your starting QB you wouldn't even suggest he can break it.
                              This coming from the player that is going to be suspended for off field stupidity.

                              Besides, that same quote applies to pretty much every team's qb.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

                                Agreed never thought of that. Very good point. I never wanted the Raiders to win so badly. We need a qb.
                                never......*never*....cheer for a loss.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X