Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Could you imagine if the new GM ( Chip Kelly, From Chicago) brings in Nick Foles????


    Yes I could imagine it. I have a hard time believing that a GM would hang their first year on Foles as a long term starter except of an injury to the full time starter.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
      Could you imagine if we get ( Chip Kelly, From Chicago for GM) He brings in Nick Foles????

      I think you mean Champ Kelly, not Chip. Regardless, your point is made. Frightening, isn't it? Throw in one of the QBs worst than Lock was Trubisky, who Kelly brought in, I believe. Trubisky + Foles isn't exactly confidence inspiring in QB personnel selection. This isn't a step up for the Broncos.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

        I think you mean Champ Kelly, not Chip. Regardless, your point is made. Frightening, isn't it? Throw in one of the QBs worst than Lock was Trubisky, who Kelly brought in, I believe. Trubisky + Foles isn't exactly confidence inspiring in QB personnel selection. This isn't a step up for the Broncos.
        Yeah Chip, Champ, Sorry, I fixed it.


        (I get those guys names mixed up)

        😁

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

          Yeah Chip, Champ, Sorry, I fixed it.


          (I get those guys names mixed up)

          😁
          Hey, I can't throw stones from a glass house. I'm lousy with names. I have to keep looking them up. It is really sad that they're bringing him in. I guess the up-side is he was here to sign Manning, but all the talk was how it was Elway's handling of Manning that sold Manning on coming to the Broncos (which I believe). Foles....sheesh.... And, I think he has a pretty big contract he's carrying, so it'd cost some coin. Ugh.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

            Hey, I can't throw stones from a glass house. I'm lousy with names. I have to keep looking them up. It is really sad that they're bringing him in. I guess the up-side is he was here to sign Manning, but all the talk was how it was Elway's handling of Manning that sold Manning on coming to the Broncos (which I believe). Foles....sheesh.... And, I think he has a pretty big contract he's carrying, so it'd cost some coin. Ugh.
            It's all up in the air right now, it would be okay to have a veteran to work with Drew Lock. If we could have somebody that could actually come in and win games, that would be a good thing. I don't care who the GM is, I don't care who the starting quarterback is, I just want the Broncos to be 9-7 or better.
            Just win a little more than half of the time.
            As a fan , I don't think that's completely unreasonable.


            Comment


            • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
              Could you imagine if we get ( Champ Kelly, From Chicago for GM) He brings in Nick Foles????

              Do you really think Foles was his idea? Why would it not have been Nagy’s idea?
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

              Comment


              • Originally posted by broncolee View Post

                Do you really think Foles was his idea? Why would it not have been Nagy’s idea?

                Wasn't really thinking anything more than a new GM bringing in a new QB.


                Comment


                • Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

                  I think you mean Champ Kelly, not Chip. Regardless, your point is made. Frightening, isn't it? Throw in one of the QBs worst than Lock was Trubisky, who Kelly brought in, I believe. Trubisky + Foles isn't exactly confidence inspiring in QB personnel selection. This isn't a step up for the Broncos.
                  Pretty sure Pace was responsible for Trubisky.

                  Wasn’t Trubisky’s rookie season John Fox’s last season?

                  yep! Just looked it. Pace drafted Trubisky. Fox was the coach.
                  Last edited by broncolee; 01-05-2021, 04:38 PM.
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by broncolee View Post

                    Pretty sure Pace was responsible for Trubisky.

                    Wasn’t Trubisky’s rookie season John Fox’s last season?

                    yep! Just looked it. Pace drafted Trubisky. Fox was the coach.

                    Just read an article on how the Bears evaluated Trubisky, Mahomes, and Watson. At the time, Trubisky looked to be a better fit. Fox was gone after his rookie year, and Nagy took over. Sounds like they gave Trubisky weapons in year two, and they got to the playoffs. But, from there on it's been downhill. Anyway, it sounded like the team looked him over, and they decided to go with Trubisky. Kelly was running their draft operations, so his opinion was in there. I have no idea if he pounded the table for another QB, but Trubisky was the selection.

                    Comment


                    • Back on topic, I hope Drew Lock can improve more next year. That was a nice pass and catch between him and Jeudy the other day !

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                        Back on topic, I hope Drew Lock can improve more next year. That was a nice pass and catch between him and Jeudy the other day !
                        However much I hope Lock "gets it" and the offense starts performing great, I think they have a ways to go. A long ways to go. Lock's (and the team's) last few games were an improvement, but it's still not enough. I watched the Aint's and Chefs game of week 15. Watching what the Chefs could do with Mahomes at QB was pretty amazing. Watch their play for their second touchdown. That was a fantastic design play. It wasn't anything complex, and it would be something the Broncos offense could likely handle. But, we don't see that creativity. I have less faith in Shurmur than Lock, and without great play design, Lock and the offense won't look that good. With the gap between Lock and the top QB's, I think the likelihood of him developing into that special QB is near zero. Broncos need to keep shopping for their franchise QB, and while they're at it, they need to start looking at the coaching staff for 2022. 2021 will be a patch job, at best.
                        Last edited by DiveInstructor; 01-05-2021, 07:59 PM.

                        Comment


                        • How many games does it take to see you have a franchise Qb or not ? Peoples expectations are so blooming high for such a short time . You have those stellar Qbs that just shine from the beginning and end up being elite Qbs . Those are few and far in between. Remember Elways first year ?

                          Lock has shown that he has the ability . Lock has shown that he needs work as well. He was a 2nd rounder. Remember his rookie season? He was put on IR and basically had to keep himself up to date . He put the effort in and people were impressed with him.

                          Now enter this season . limited off season workouts , basically none really . No pre season games to work the kinks out . A new OC , 2 new wrs ect..... I read that we were #2 in the league for dropped passes as well .

                          I'm not saying he's our franchise Qb , I'm not saying he isn't either . Letting this next year play out to see how it winds up . I'm sure everything will be clearer on our Qb situation after this next season.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                            Back on topic, I hope Drew Lock can improve more next year. That was a nice pass and catch between him and Jeudy the other day !
                            Great idea.

                            Thread cleaned.
                            Administrator

                            #Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

                            #LupusAwareness

                            "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                              How many games does it take to see you have a franchise Qb or not ? Peoples expectations are so blooming high for such a short time . You have those stellar Qbs that just shine from the beginning and end up being elite Qbs . Those are few and far in between. Remember Elways first year ?

                              Lock has shown that he has the ability . Lock has shown that he needs work as well. He was a 2nd rounder. Remember his rookie season? He was put on IR and basically had to keep himself up to date . He put the effort in and people were impressed with him.

                              Now enter this season . limited off season workouts , basically none really . No pre season games to work the kinks out . A new OC , 2 new wrs ect..... I read that we were #2 in the league for dropped passes as well .

                              I'm not saying he's our franchise Qb , I'm not saying he isn't either . Letting this next year play out to see how it winds up . I'm sure everything will be clearer on our Qb situation after this next season.
                              I'm sorry but you cannot compare Lock at the end of his 2nd season as a starter - being the guy during the offseason and the player the team is build around, with Elways rookie season.
                              Elway started 10 games in his rookie season and was playing in a time where the NFL wellcome commite was a bit more brutal.

                              18 games into his career - in his 2nd season he was in the midst of a 10 game winning streak. I can promise that the critical voices would be few and far between if Lock had finished the season with four straight wins. He has not had two straight wins since the end of last year, and he has been horrible most of the year.

                              We have several others we can compare Lock to since Elway retired and we are currently talking Paxton Lynch territory, and his attitude seems to be similar with the showboating for irrelevant "successes". Lock does not hold a candle to Griese, Cutler, Tebow, Siemian and definately not to a 2nd year John Elway

                              Comment


                              • Until (if or when) when we get a better QB, Drew Lock is our starting QB!!
                                (And he can be a good QB!)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X