No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Drew Lock has potential, but he he need a good veteran QB to back up and learn from. Otherwise , who has he got to learn from?

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
      There's a problem when TAYLOR HEINICKE comes off the couch and looks more poised then Drew Lock did all season.
      I was kinda thinkin' the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMax View Post
        I think Drew Lock has potential, but he he need a good veteran QB to back up and learn from. Otherwise , who has he got to learn from?
        I've said the same before, but at the same time franchise QBs don't need a vet to groom them. We see it all the time where a rookie just goes in and is good from the start. We also see them struggle. We see some with vet mentors fail. Thing is we can come up with any reason for why Lock should be better, but he just isn't, so nothing else matters other than the future.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

There's a problem when TAYLOR HEINICKE comes off the couch and looks more poised then Drew Lock did all season.
          It's an example of excuses can't keep piling up. You either got it or you don't...Lock doesn't have "it"
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• I'm a bit confused on exactly what a franchise QB is. Where, for example would they fit in the hierarchy of:

GOAT
            1st Ballot HOF
            HOF
            Multiple All Pro
            Pro bowler
            League MVP
            Superbowl MVP
            Multi-year starter often in Playoffs
            Multi-year starter occasional Playoffs
            Game manager
            Journeyman QB
            in/out starter
            Paxton Lynch

What do you think of when Franchise QB is being discussed?

Comment

• Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
              I'm a bit confused on exactly what a franchise QB is. Where, for example would they fit in the hierarchy of:

GOAT
              1st Ballot HOF
              HOF
              Multiple All Pro
              Pro bowler
              League MVP
              Superbowl MVP
              Game manager
              Journeyman QB
              in/out starter
              Paxton Lynch

I think it’s very subjective, however it’s obvious that it’s someone who is the unquestioned starter for multiple years or at least presumably so, if not for injuries. Even if the team doesn’t have the desired success, he can’t be the one people blame, at least not entirely. Maybe people question his “clutch factor”, so to speak.

Take Aaron Rodgers for example. No one blames him for only winning one Super Bowl. They always blame others.

Peyton Manning would be an example of someone who is criticized for not being “clutch” in the post season.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMax View Post
                I think Drew Lock has potential, but he he need a good veteran QB to back up and learn from. Otherwise , who has he got to learn from?
                Who it Joe Burrow had to learn from?? Oh ok.
                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

I was kinda thinkin' the same thing.
                  But people will bring up no offseason as an excuse.
                  Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

I've said the same before, but at the same time franchise QBs don't need a vet to groom them. We see it all the time where a rookie just goes in and is good from the start. We also see them struggle. We see some with vet mentors fail. Thing is we can come up with any reason for why Lock should be better, but he just isn't, so nothing else matters other than the future.
                    Just yet another excuse for lock.

Comment

In a playoff game no less.

​​​​​​But you should know it's because he is a 4 year seasoned vet, not a 2 year rookie like lock
                      sigpic

Comment

• I am all for going after Watson! Trade Von, 2 #1 picks and a future #2 pick and maybe a future #3 pick. We have used a #1 pick on Paxton, a #2 on Brock and a #2 on Lock. It doesn't seem to be working. If we sell the farm for the #1 this year we don't know if the couple of blue chip picks this year will work out. So If Watson is Available, Go get em!!!!

Comment

Heinicke showed more moxie in 1 game than Drew Lock’s shown in 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

Heinicke showed more moxie in 1 game than Drew Lock’s shown in 2 years.
                            Yes. Would take Vanilla Vick all day over Lock.

Comment

I'm a bit confused on exactly what a franchise QB is. Where, for example would they fit in the hierarchy of:

GOAT
                              1st Ballot HOF
                              HOF
                              Multiple All Pro
                              Pro bowler
                              League MVP
                              Superbowl MVP
                              Game manager
                              Journeyman QB
                              in/out starter
                              Paxton Lynch

I think that the best proof that you have a franchise QB is that you are not looking to replace him. When Manning became available several teams were not intrested in pursuing, and that I guess is the mark of a Franchise QB, that it is not really a position you look to improve.

In Broncos connection - a little bit better than Jake Plummer.

Comment

GOAT
                                1st Ballot HOF
                                HOF
                                Multiple All Pro
                                Pro bowler
                                League MVP
                                Superbowl MVP
                                Game manager
                                Journeyman QB
                                in/out starter
                                Paxton Lynch

Low-end:

Matt Stafford
                                Matt Ryan
                                Phillip Rivers
                                Dak Prescott

While your team is fortunate to have one of these guys, they always have you in the hunt and out of good fantasy numbers, they will never take over a game and win ya the big one.

High end

Patrick Mahomes
                                Aaron Rodgers
                                Drew Brees
                                Tom Brady

Legendary, these guys are all time. You will win Super Bowls with them. These guys also take over games and put their teams on their backs when needed.

I feel we had one of the low-end guys in Cutler years ago. He is the only one since Elway retired and with the exception of Manning that would ever be considered “franchise” QB level. Though Cutler flamed out as soon as he went to Chicago.

Comment

Working...
                                X