Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
    I'm a bit confused on exactly what a franchise QB is. Where, for example would they fit in the hierarchy of:

GOAT
    1st Ballot HOF
    HOF
    Multiple All Pro
    Pro bowler
    League MVP
    Superbowl MVP
    Multi-year starter often in Playoffs
    Multi-year starter occasional Playoffs
    Game manager
    Journeyman QB
    in/out starter
    Paxton Lynch

What do you think of when Franchise QB is being discussed?

There really is just a very small few who can fall into the G.O.A.T category...maybe even just one in Brady...soon to be Mahomes.

Take your game manager and below and that's what Lock is. Russell Wilson has a ring but has never been league MVP. You could make the argument that he is all of the above outside of GOAT and I think you could say that about a lot of the current starting QBs. A franchise QB wins games and gets you to the playoffs, maybe not every year but most

Comment

• Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post

Low-end:

Matt Stafford
      Matt Ryan
      Phillip Rivers
      Dak Prescott

While your team is fortunate to have one of these guys, they always have you in the hunt and out of good fantasy numbers, they will never take over a game and win ya the big one.

High end

Patrick Mahomes
      Aaron Rodgers
      Drew Brees
      Tom Brady

Legendary, these guys are all time. You will win Super Bowls with them. These guys also take over games and put their teams on their backs when needed.

I feel we had one of the low-end guys in Cutler years ago. He is the only one since Elway retired and with the exception of Manning that would ever be considered “franchise” QB level. Though Cutler flamed out as soon as he went to Chicago.

This plus in general all of these:

GOAT
      1st Ballot HOF
      HOF
      Multiple All Pro
      Pro bowler
      League MVP
      Superbowl MVP
      Multi-year starter often in Playoffs
      A franchise QB doesn't have to be a hall of famer. Just someone who with 100% faith is leading your team, no matter what this is who you depend on. This is your leader, your captain, your media personality, the benchmark for who and what the team is. When you have a franchise QB unless you feel like they are on the wrong end of age, you aren't even thinking about drafting another QB higher than 6th. You not even entertaining the idea of a free agent QB. This is your QB and you as a coach, GM, Owner feel like he will lead your team for a decade.

Stafford as mentioned is a low end franchise QB, he has never been a multi year playoff player, no MVPs, no nothing. But is still a franchise QB because his talent out weighs everything else, as well, it was never felt like he was the problem. Again franchise QB is someone you 100% back. Matt has always been THE guy for Detroit no matter what.

The franchise QB is, we are building around you, this is your team.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Matt Stafford
        45k passing yards in 11 seasons.
        He played 12 seasons, but 1 year was a partial year.

(almost a 90 rating, I think?)

Last edited by Capt. Jack; 01-10-2021, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
          Matt Stafford

Id take him as a back up plan if Watson doesn't find his way here....Lock has to go

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

Id take him as a back up plan if Watson doesn't find his way here....Lock has to go
            I doubt We can get Watson? He has A Massive contract, I think? 35-40 mill a year????
            If we could put Von in the deal, maybe it could work?
            But, I agree Matt Stafford would be a solid QB for us if we were lucky enough to get him.

Comment

Matt Stafford
              He played 12 seasons, but 1 year was a partial year.

Stafford has always been a great QB, if he wasn't in Detroit, he might be a champion and MVP. As someone from Detroit, that fanbase don't know how lucky they are having him. As bad as they have been, they would be worst.
              Last edited by InsaneBlaze23; 01-10-2021, 08:02 PM.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• The most aggravating word that may have been used to describe Lock is "potential." There are good moments with him, but his inconsistency makes it hard to believe he can be the guy going forward. There's a reason why Fangio would not give any strong endorsement on Lock starting next year, because a GM with no ties to drafting Lock may not care about his potential. If Elway really wants this to be the FO reset that he wants it to be, then we all need to get comfortable with the idea that we may be trading up for a QB or signing/trading for a vet QB.
                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

Stafford has always been a great QB, if he wasn't in Detroit, he might be a champion and MVP. As someone from Detroit, that fanbase don't know how lucky they are having him. As bad as they have been, they would be worst.
                  Disagree.....Elway brought his talentless teams to Superbowls.....has Stafford ?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                    The most aggravating word that may have been used to describe Lock is "potential." There are good moments with him, but his inconsistency makes it hard to believe he can be the guy going forward. There's a reason why Fangio would not give any strong endorsement on Lock starting next year, because a GM with no ties to drafting Lock may not care about his potential. If Elway really wants this to be the FO reset that he wants it to be, then we all need to get comfortable with the idea that we may be trading up for a QB or signing/trading for a vet QB.
                    What were they saying about Josh Allen....potential....then boom, he exploded....he had the same Offensive coordinator for three years....that's what Lock needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

Why does everyone think Watson is a savior....he has some skills.....but I honestly think he is challenged in the passing game. I'd pass.I'm certainly not giving up multiple 1st round picks & 2nd's to boot...that's just crazy talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

What were they saying about Josh Allen....potential....then boom, he exploded....he had the same Offensive coordinator for three years....that's what Lock needs.

exactly!!!!! Nobody wants to allow time. They want it now . Like you said he's had 2 different OCs and covid restrictions on mini camp , oats ect....

Not everyone can be Mahomes

Comment

Why does everyone think Watson is a savior....he has some skills.....but I honestly think he is challenged in the passing game. I'd pass.I'm certainly not giving up multiple 1st round picks & 2nd's to boot...that's just crazy talk.
                          He is the NFL's passing leader this year without Hopkins. His best WR got suspended the last 6 games of the season. Where is he limited in the passing game? Watson is stud and is one the games best....not willing to get in the race is crazy talk to me

Comment

Disagree.....Elway brought his talentless teams to Superbowls.....has Stafford ?
                            Good for you, you disagree.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I doubt We can get Watson? He has A Massive contract, I think? 35-40 mill a year????
                              If we could put Von in the deal, maybe it could work?
                              But, I agree Matt Stafford would be a solid QB for us if we were lucky enough to get him.

Watson’s contract is reasonable for 21, it hits 40 mil in 22 and 42 mil in 23. Not sure how much of that is tied to the bonus money Houston would be responsible for though. But honestly you could just tack on more years and guarantees to get that cap number down if you can’t fit it into the cap although I think we could as we’d likely be trading 1 or 2 guys on rookie contracts who’d be big contracts down the road.

Comment

Allen also improved every year, stayed healthy every year, and made plays with his legs scoring td every year, also was a top 8 1st rd pick.....
                                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Working...
                                X