Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

He is the NFL's passing leader this year without Hopkins. His best WR got suspended the last 6 games of the season. Where is he limited in the passing game? Watson is stud and is one the games best....not willing to get in the race is crazy talk to me
    Dub man they don't WATCH football they can't I dont give a damn what they say. No one would say that if they knew football no way. No to mention they released Kenny stills. David Johnson was out like 3 weeks with concussion. No line.

But he can't pass the ball?????
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post

exactly!!!!! Nobody wants to allow time. They want it now . Like you said he's had 2 different OCs and covid restrictions on mini camp , oats ect....

Not everyone can be Mahomes
      Denver isn't nearly good enough in other areas to have the worst QB in the division and statistically one of the worst in the league. So, yes they want something different now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

Denver isn't nearly good enough in other areas to have the worst QB in the division and statistically one of the worst in the league. So, yes they want something different now.
        Right. If we were an organization like the Steelers with a consistent FO, Lock would have a chance at developing. But right now we are in between GMs with likely different directions on where the franchise should go. We are the last type of organization that should be trying to develop a 2nd round QB
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

You are soooo right about that. I dont see anything to be like yes he is the man. Get someone new.
          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

Stafford has always been a great QB, if he wasn't in Detroit, he might be a champion and MVP. As someone from Detroit, that fanbase don't know how lucky they are having him. As bad as they have been, they would be worst.
            Stafford has always been great in the same manner Jay Cutler was. He has had elite defensive players around, elite offensive ditto.. but it has always been unrealised potential in the same manner it was for Cutler. We need someone to put the team on his back and lead them to success. Stafford has the physique to do it, but he has failed throughout his career.

Comment

• not that it means anything but comparing Allens first 18 games with Locks, keeping factors in mind such as allens first 18 games came with camps, OTAs, and training camp with full slate of preseason games, Same Head coach, Same offesive C, same offensive scheme, where as Lock had rookie camps, put on IR in camp, never practiced with team until week 11, and seen his OC replaced, New scheme, no camps, no OTAs, no preseason in his second season

allen stats thru his first 18 starts

464 att. 249 com, 2988 yards, 17 tds, 14 ints

locks stats thru his first 18 starts
              599 att, 354 com, 3953 yards, 23 tds, 18 ints

of course Allen is a gifted runner and threat in that well over what lock has done, but is it because he is more physically talented, or the scheme that builds it into the system?

so does this mean lock will explode next year...no, but it does show that someone with the physical talent, arm can with the right coaching and a little stability can improve

now would i take watson...yes indeed
              would i take stafford...no, we need a long time starter, i dont wanna be going thru this crap again in 3-5 years
              would i be ok moving up in the draft to get one of the top three qbs, yes...let him and josh battle to be the starter
              would i be ok staying pat, and giving Lock one more year, if thats what the team decides then yes
              sigpic
              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• I just don’t see this organization making some sort of blockbuster deal for a top flight vet like Watson or Stafford.

They will likely bring in a 2nd tier guy like Taylor to complete.

I suppose there’s a chance they draft a QB #1.

I have my doubts about Lock and QB is a huge issue.

This organization is just going through so much, I don’t foresee them making a huge splash this offseason.

We will have the same coaching staff in place with a competition at QB - the winner of the competition will likely be an average QB. I am setting my expectations low for 2021. I don’t see a miraculous turnaround.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                  not that it means anything but comparing Allens first 18 games with Locks, keeping factors in mind such as allens first 18 games came with camps, OTAs, and training camp with full slate of preseason games, Same Head coach, Same offesive C, same offensive scheme, where as Lock had rookie camps, put on IR in camp, never practiced with team until week 11, and seen his OC replaced, New scheme, no camps, no OTAs, no preseason in his second season

allen stats thru his first 18 starts

464 att. 249 com, 2988 yards, 17 tds, 14 ints

locks stats thru his first 18 starts
                  599 att, 354 com, 3953 yards, 23 tds, 18 ints

of course Allen is a gifted runner and threat in that well over what lock has done, but is it because he is more physically talented, or the scheme that builds it into the system?

so does this mean lock will explode next year...no, but it does show that someone with the physical talent, arm can with the right coaching and a little stability can improve

now would i take watson...yes indeed
                  would i take stafford...no, we need a long time starter, i dont wanna be going thru this crap again in 3-5 years
                  would i be ok moving up in the draft to get one of the top three qbs, yes...let him and josh battle to be the starter
                  would i be ok staying pat, and giving Lock one more year, if thats what the team decides then yes
                  When people put Josh Allen stats and try to compare lock to him why do yall conveniently leave out Josh Allen rushing td..... no you add his rushing yards and his rushing tds....you can do the same to lock too. When you add that its something to be excited about in Buffalo. Don't leave out qb stats to try to prove your point. Lock has more passing yard bc all of the losing and playing from behind. For every Josh Allen there is 20 locks....

Comment

• Drew Lock is the Starter until we have a better option ! He will improve or he will be replaced.
                    There are a couple other young quarterbacks in the league that the first couple of years they looked pretty bad, and then in their 3rd year they looked pretty good.
                    We probably have another season to wait and see?

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                      Drew Lock is the Starter until we have a better option ! He will improve or he will be replaced.
                      There are a couple other young quarterbacks in the league that the first couple of years they looked pretty bad, and then in their 3rd year they looked pretty good.
                      We probably have another season to wait and see?

but you don't understand, he's played 18 games , 2 different OCs , no pre season wo , or games doesn't matter . Hes a pro . If a Qb doesn't become stellar in 2 years we should boot him and get a different one . Lol 😆

can you imagine if we cut Lock and he goes somewhere else and becomes a great Qb all because he was mediocre in 18 games ......

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

When people put Josh Allen stats and try to compare lock to him why do yall conveniently leave out Josh Allen rushing td..... no you add his rushing yards and his rushing tds....you can do the same to lock too. When you add that its something to be excited about in Buffalo. Don't leave out qb stats to try to prove your point. Lock has more passing yard bc all of the losing and playing from behind. For every Josh Allen there is 20 locks....

hmm i specifically mentioned this...you do read right?

of course Allen is a gifted runner and threat in that well over what lock has done,

i just showed the stats, with the clear explaination it doesnt mean anything, but

i recall alot of posters here today crying and complaining about lock... thought Allen would be a wasted bust pick...and his 2018 season confirmed it

keep in mind though Allen has also fumbled a staggering 30 times

all im saying is with the right coaching, a little consistancy in coaching and scheme Lock could also turn it around...JUST LIKE ALLEN DID

if that upsets you, sorry
                        sigpic

Comment

of course Allen is a gifted runner and threat in that well over what lock has done,

i just showed the stats, with the clear explaination it doesnt mean anything, but

i recall alot of posters here today crying and complaining about lock... thought Allen would be a wasted bust pick...and his 2018 season confirmed it

all im saying is with the right coaching, a little consistancy in coaching and scheme Lock could also turn it around...JUST LIKE ALLEN DID

exactly, right again ! I just don't think its smart to kick a young Qb to the curb after 18 games . Unless they were atrocious, and Lock isn't.

Your right about the Allen draft as well. Many here were also bashing Elways likening to Herbert . Many here said Herbet would be garbage. Herbert may be garbage , time will tell but he started off opposite of garbage .

Comment

but you don't understand, he's played 18 games , 2 different OCs , no pre season wo , or games doesn't matter . Hes a pro . If a Qb doesn't become stellar in 2 years we should boot him and get a different one . Lol 😆

can you imagine if we cut Lock and he goes somewhere else and becomes a great Qb all because he was mediocre in 18 games ......
                            The Falcons got rid of Brett Favre. I would be bummed if we got rid of him, and he wound up being good somewhere else.

Comment

exactly, right again ! I just don't think its smart to kick a young Qb to the curb after 18 games . Unless they were atrocious, and Lock isn't.

Your right about the Allen draft as well. Many here were also bashing Elways likening to Herbert . Many here said Herbet would be garbage. Herbert may be garbage , time will tell but he started off opposite of garbage .
                              imagine having this QB as a rookie....first 17 starts
                              3505 yards...18 tds, 16 ints
                              or in fact add his first three years
                              28 games started, 5613 yard, 29 tds, 31 ints and then see a qb drafted to replace you with the #1 Pick an trade deal with NYG

that QB....Drew brees
                              sigpic

Comment

But its not the same....don't just say "Josh was a gifted runner" LIST THE STATS JUST LIKE YOU DID THE PASSING STATS.

You did it on purpose to try to make lock and Josh look more similar than they really are.

His legs is still apart of his games. You are pretty much listing all lock stats but leaving out a big part of Josh game...

But if you don't get it. Its cool I understand.

Comment

Working...
                                X