Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post

hmm i specifically mentioned this...you do read right?

of course Allen is a gifted runner and threat in that well over what lock has done,

i just showed the stats, with the clear explaination it doesnt mean anything, but

i recall alot of posters here today crying and complaining about lock... thought Allen would be a wasted bust pick...and his 2018 season confirmed it

keep in mind though Allen has also fumbled a staggering 30 times

all im saying is with the right coaching, a little consistancy in coaching and scheme Lock could also turn it around...JUST LIKE ALLEN DID

if that upsets you, sorry
    And he still can turn out to be a dud too....
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post

exactly, right again ! I just don't think its smart to kick a young Qb to the curb after 18 games . Unless they were atrocious, and Lock isn't.

Your right about the Allen draft as well. Many here were also bashing Elways likening to Herbert . Many here said Herbet would be garbage. Herbert may be garbage , time will tell but he started off opposite of garbage .
      Did Josh rosen get 18??? Asking for a friend?
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

imagine having this QB as a rookie....first 17 starts
        3505 yards...18 tds, 16 ints
        or in fact add his first three years
        28 games started, 5613 yard, 29 tds, 31 ints and then see a qb drafted to replace you with the #1 Pick an trade deal with NYG

that QB....Drew brees
        Cherry picking again...in Brees 1st four seasons he only have 1 bad season.

Stop comparing the nfl back 20 years ago. It two didn't nfls...it was wayyyyy tougher to pass back then...cb can bump and run and safties could take your head off...

Today's nfl cater to qbs....you come into the nfl as a rookie, no offseason or mini camp and play 15 games and throw for over 4k yards and 30 tds....who am I Justin Herbert.

Like I said two different nfls and very bad comparison bc if lock played back them he would never have made it to 18 starts....

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Did Josh rosen get 18??? Asking for a friend?

ask your friend did Paxton Lynch ?

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post

ask your friend did Paxton Lynch ?
            You point im confused lol.

Comment

• Drew Lock is our guy for now, until that changes, I am a Broncos fan and support our QB.

Comment

You point im confused lol.
                Likewise lol

Comment

Cherry picking again...in Brees 1st four seasons he only have 1 bad season.

Stop comparing the nfl back 20 years ago. It two didn't nfls...it was wayyyyy tougher to pass back then...cb can bump and run and safties could take your head off...

Today's nfl cater to qbs....you come into the nfl as a rookie, no offseason or mini camp and play 15 games and throw for over 4k yards and 30 tds....who am I Justin Herbert.

Like I said two different nfls and very bad comparison bc if lock played back them he would never have made it to 18 starts....
                  how is listing drew brees first 16 starts and furthering that by adding his third season cherrypicking?
                  and I DID NOT COMPARE BREES STATS TO LOCKS, NEVER EVEN MENTIONED LOCK IN THE POST, AFTER HIS THIRD SEASON, THE BOLTS THINK ENOUGH OF BREES THAT THEY USED THE NUMBER 1 PICK IN THE DRAFT TO PICK MANNING AND THEN TRADE HIM AND PICK RIVERS

the point you casually ignore over and over is not that lock has stats comparable, which he does, but that...it is entirely possible that a young raw coming in qb, that had a NEW OC every year in college, and both seasons in the nfl...might just need a little time and coaching/offensive scheme consistancy to show his true potential...as other qbs have done
                  Last edited by arapaho; 01-13-2021, 09:37 AM.
                  sigpic
                  when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

And he still can turn out to be a dud too....
                    so can lawrence, so can any qb

and many are duds on the first team show out with another

how did favre career end, or young, or warner, the point is have we seen enough to drop lock after a mere 17.25 starts... tampa bay did with young, youi think atlanta kicked them selfs in the ass for giving up on favre in one season

sigpic

Comment

But its not the same....don't just say "Josh was a gifted runner" LIST THE STATS JUST LIKE YOU DID THE PASSING STATS.

You did it on purpose to try to make lock and Josh look more similar than they really are.

His legs is still apart of his games. You are pretty much listing all lock stats but leaving out a big part of Josh game...

But if you don't get it. Its cool I understand.
                      and i addressed it, by saying this but is it because he is more physically talented, or the scheme that builds it into the system?

how many called runs does allen get, is the qb a option built into the run game in buffalo yes
                      is it in denver...not really

do you think allen is that much more physically talented than Lock? i dont really.....FYI scheme also plays a part in the rush numbers, Allen may have more of the runners mentality but i dont dont believe its simply superior qbing getting more rush yards
                      Last edited by arapaho; 01-13-2021, 09:32 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

and i addressed it, by saying this but is it because he is more physically talented, or the scheme that builds it into the system?

how many called runs does allen get, is the qb a option built into the run game in buffalo yes

do you think allen is that much more physically talented than Lock? i dont really.....FYI scheme also plays a part in the rush numbers, Allen may have more of the runners mentality but i dont dont believe its simply superior qbing getting more rush yards
                        Man you kind of lost me when you said Allen isn't that much more gifted than Lock. I'd argue Allen's arm is stronger and he's a lot quicker. Unless Lock can get on Allen's level this upcoming year and really turn some heads with his play I wouldn't put Lock anywhere near Allen. Allen played like a top 5 Qb this year. We should be happy if Lock can just break the top 15 barrier but Lock is somewhere like 23-26 not even top 20.
                        :go:

Comment

how is listing drew brees first 16 starts and furthering that by adding his third season cherrypicking?
                          and I DID NOT COMPARE BREES STATS TO LOCKS, NEVER EVEN MENTIONED LOCK IN THE POST, AFTER HIS THIRD SEASON, THE BOLTS THINK ENOUGH OF BREES THAT THEY USED THE NUMBER 1 PICK IN THE DRAFT TO PICK MANNING AND THEN TRADE HIM AND PICK RIVERS

the point you casually ignore over and over is not that lock has stats comparable, which he does, but that...it is entirely possible that a young raw coming in qb, that had a NEW OC every year in college, and both seasons in the nfl...might just need a little time and coaching/offensive scheme consistancy to show his true potential...as other qbs have done
                          No what you are doing is leaving out Josh Allen full stats to make them more comparable to lock to try to prove point. Again add Allen rushing stats. Since can't we have nothing more to that bc you are choosing the stats you want to post to try to prove your point.

Comment

Yes Allen is faster than lock...you can say what you want. But hey its your post. Post on....I just don't see the comparison.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post

Man you kind of lost me when you said Allen isn't that much more gifted than Lock. I'd argue Allen's arm is stronger and he's a lot quicker. Unless Lock can get on Allen's level this upcoming year and really turn some heads with his play I wouldn't put Lock anywhere near Allen. Allen played like a top 5 Qb this year. We should be happy if Lock can just break the top 15 barrier but Lock is somewhere like 23-26 not even top 20.
                              Hell you are being generous. Lock is not top 28. Lol.

Comment

Hell you are being generous. Lock is not top 28. Lol.
                                Well I didn't want to rate him complete trash but he is a stinker I can't lie about that lol
                                :go:

Comment

Working...
                                X