Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Yes Allen is faster than lock...you can say what you want. But hey its your post. Post on....I just don't see the comparison.
    locks 40 time was faster than allens...but hey make up your own facts
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post

locks 40 time was faster than allens...but hey make up your own facts
      Difference between game speed and 40 speed...but if you played football you would probably know that...but ok...
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• I think some of you may have gotten lost. This is not the smack forum.

Talkin' Smack
        Mix it up with fans from lesser (oops -- other) teams in here. Not for the easily offended...
        Link to smack forum

Comment

• it may be sad to fangio but Paton gets a free year. this year may be best to start selling our older assets if we can
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Difference between game speed and 40 speed...but if you played football you would probably know that...but ok...
            so you have their "game time speed" as proof? or you simply changing the goal posts
            sigpic
            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Again people really need to stop bringing up Allen. It's such a tired comparison of 2 QBs who had different expectations and sets coming out. You go back and read any reports on both, Drew Lock's ceiling for the most part was being Jay Cutler, while Allen was viewed as a raw project with a lot of high end potential. People on this forum keep doing this stupid, tired comparison, bc Allen had some rough starts, ignoring that regardless of his rough starts, he was putting up good numbers. Allen didn't just randomly start doing good, he always looked good, but he always had a lot of turnovers, the thing this season is he cut down on turnovers enough for people to ignore them. Even though this season he has fumbled a bit...gets ignored though, bc everyone is cherry picking for their argument, whichever it is.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                Again people really need to stop bringing up Allen. It's such a tired comparison of 2 QBs who had different expectations and sets coming out. You go back and read any reports on both, Drew Lock's ceiling for the most part was being Jay Cutler, while Allen was viewed as a raw project with a lot of high end potential. People on this forum keep doing this stupid, tired comparison, bc Allen had some rough starts, ignoring that regardless of his rough starts, he was putting up good numbers. Allen didn't just randomly start doing good, he always looked good, but he always had a lot of turnovers, the thing this season is he cut down on turnovers enough for people to ignore them. Even though this season he has fumbled a bit...gets ignored though, bc everyone is cherry picking for their argument, whichever it is.
                It’s no more tired than the Drew Lock/Jay Cutler comparison that was only brought up because they both played for bad SEC teams and were getting a lot of draft hype. I also think it’d be more accurate to say he has Jay Cutler’s ceiling rather than his ceiling is Jay Cutler.

You can make comparisons all day whether good or bad, but at the end of the day Drew Lock is Drew Lock, not Jay Cutler, not Josh Allen, not John Elway, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

It’s no more tired than the Drew Lock/Jay Cutler comparison that was only brought up because they both played for bad SEC teams and were getting a lot of draft hype. I also think it’d be more accurate to say he has Jay Cutler’s ceiling rather than his ceiling is Jay Cutler.

You can make comparisons all day whether good or bad, but at the end of the day Drew Lock is Drew Lock, not Jay Cutler, not Josh Allen, not John Elway, etc.
                  Exactly. Bottom line is if he plays as poorly next year he's gone hopefully. No sense in comparing QB's as they all have their own work ethic and progress differently.

Comment

When I say his ceiling is Cutler, I'm quoting a draft profile I read. I fall along the side, you should only compare QBs on eye test viewing, not stat digging. Stats dont tell a full story of a player, especially since some stats, especially on the defensive side of the ball, don't get talked about for how good a player is or isn't.

But because everyone here falls on one side, either pro Lock or anti Lock, comparisons to stats get brought. People have even started bringing up Drew Brees. Like we're going decades into the past to compare bc a reason to put faith in lock is needed, no matter how big a reach it is.
                    I'm surprised on the anti Lock front, nobody has said Tom Brandstater or Ingle Martin would be better starters.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• I was looking at his stats online and his real name is Paul Andrew Lock. Has​​​there ever been a good quarterback named Paul in the NFL?

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

When I say his ceiling is Cutler, I'm quoting a draft profile I read. I fall along the side, you should only compare QBs on eye test viewing, not stat digging. Stats dont tell a full story of a player, especially since some stats, especially on the defensive side of the ball, don't get talked about for how good a player is or isn't.

But because everyone here falls on one side, either pro Lock or anti Lock, comparisons to stats get brought. People have even started bringing up Drew Brees. Like we're going decades into the past to compare bc a reason to put faith in lock is needed, no matter how big a reach it is.
                        I'm surprised on the anti Lock front, nobody has said Tom Brandstater or Ingle Martin would be better starters.
                        Oh there have been some who have said Rypien would be better. But I think the “pro Lock” people only start comparing him to others because everyone likes to say COVID and the lack of reps in a new offense is just an excuse. But really, just because Burrow or Herbert or whoever came in and looked better under similar circumstances, it doesn’t mean Lock won’t improve with another year in the system with more reps.

And really if we can’t get Watson or Prescott (should Jerry Jones reverse course) then we might as well stay with Lock. Lawrence isn’t dropping, Fields probably won’t drop, at least not low enough. Wilson probably needs a year or two before he starts playing at a high level. Lance is a project, Jones isn’t a good fit for Shurmur. Stafford and Wentz is just going to extend this game of kick the can.

Now I will say Darnold would be interesting. He’s struggled but he’s had next to nothing to work with in New York and has still managed to somehow show enough to probably get a 2nd chance immediately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                          I was looking at his stats online and his real name is Paul Andrew Lock. Has​​​there ever been a good quarterback named Paul in the NFL?
                          Wikipedia says his name is Andrew Stephen Lock.

Edit: Paul is his dad’s given name

Comment

I agree you know I HATE qb comparison......to qb that are already in the nfl. Makes no sense.

People are saying Josh Allen 3 years to prove their point...he can go the other way....if Allen sucked this year people would try to distance lock as far as possible from allen.
                            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Oh there have been some who have said Rypien would be better. But I think the “pro Lock” people only start comparing him to others because everyone likes to say COVID and the lack of reps in a new offense is just an excuse. But really, just because Burrow or Herbert or whoever came in and looked better under similar circumstances, it doesn’t mean Lock won’t improve with another year in the system with more reps.

And really if we can’t get Watson or Prescott (should Jerry Jones reverse course) then we might as well stay with Lock. Lawrence isn’t dropping, Fields probably won’t drop, at least not low enough. Wilson probably needs a year or two before he starts playing at a high level. Lance is a project, Jones isn’t a good fit for Shurmur. Stafford and Wentz is just going to extend this game of kick the can.

Now I will say Darnold would be interesting. He’s struggled but he’s had next to nothing to work with in New York and has still managed to somehow show enough to probably get a 2nd chance immediately.
                              Watson
                              Wilson
                              Darnold
                              Those are my 3 wish list QBs, if we couldn't get either of them, then I'd just settle with Lock and pray he does improve. I've defended Lock and taking shots at him. I'd love for him to be the guy, bc I like Lock, but I love the Broncos. lol So if someone I think is better for the job is in reach, I'd rather we go that route.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• So,,,,
                                I guess "Andy" or "Pauly" works also?

Comment

Working...
                                X