Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

Time will tell. I’m still not buying Allen as a legit franchise QB yet. At best he could be the next Philip Rivers. Lots of pretty stats, maybe a conference championship or 2, but nothing else to show for it.
    If the Chiefs are able to keep weapons for Mahomes, that will be the case for every QB in the AFC. We will see if the Bills build from this. But this was a reminder of how far behind Denver is in the QB position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

If the Chiefs are able to keep weapons for Mahomes, that will be the case for every QB in the AFC. We will see if the Bills build from this. But this was a reminder of how far behind Denver is in the QB position.
      Thats my point exactly and we have to play him another 10 to 15 years

We can draft all positions we want but until we get a qb that can match is points we will lose...

I called the super bowl winning teams

Green Bay and Buffalo is one if the same.. Their offense runs through one person outside of the qbs. Adams and Diggs you stop those two and make them find out options.

We need a YOUNG qb no old vets. But hey....im sure what I want won't happen....it is what it is.
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

At least now we know the Allen hype is fake. Dude is not a clutch QB.
        I would much rather have Josh Allen than Bradley Chubb at this point.
        New England Patriots GM

Comment

In the AFC championship and that's failure? The Broncos haven't failed like that in 5, going on 6 years. He's a helluva lot better than the "QB's" that have rolled through Denver.

Comment

I wouldn't say its fake news bc he didn't win the afc championship game.

He didn't look good vs the Ravens and he didn't love good vs the Chiefs. But he got there. It was his first time those nerves got the best of him.
            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

In the AFC championship and that's failure? The Broncos haven't failed like that in 5, going on 6 years. He's a helluva lot better than the "QB's" that have rolled through Denver.
              Broncos hasn't failed that well for 15 years!
              First stop has to be able to fail as well as we did in 2011, 2012 and 2014!

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Broncos hasn't failed that well for 15 years!
                First stop has to be able to fail as well as we did in 2011, 2012 and 2014!
                Broncos keep messing around with pretty much every other position except QB. Until you have your HOF QB, your team is going nowhere. And, the whole, "let's wait a couple of years to see what the new guy can do" is lame. Until you have a proven QB, you don't let up looking. It's why they. should draft QB in the first round this year. Lock is not proven (far from it), and waiting is just wishing. Wishing gets a team nowhere.

Comment

• Just to put things in prospective, the Broncos have never drafted a franchise quarterback. Jay Cutler was about as close as they have ever come.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by qbronco View Post
                    Just to put things in prospective, the Broncos have never drafted a franchise quarterback. Jay Cutler was about as close as they have ever come.
                    Have the broncos ever drafted a qb higher than Cutler?

Comment

• Originally posted by qbronco View Post
                      Just to put things in prospective, the Broncos have never drafted a franchise quarterback. Jay Cutler was about as close as they have ever come.
                      That means squat. The staff running the team now wasn't responsible for the years prior to their taking over. Now, Elway has never drafted a franchise QB, and that's relevant. Since the GM has changed, we might see something different. Drafting a franchise QB is tough. It takes a lot of things to come together. How many truly championship caliber QB's are there in the league? 6? 7? And how long since the first of those guys (Brady) to the most recent? 15 years? Odds are way against you. Since being a dynasty requires that c'ship QB, anything less means your team will not do well year after year. And, since the odds are against you, the only way to beat those odds is to use that 1st round pick every year for that position, until you get your guy. Drafting a cornerback or an edge rusher will get a c'ship once every 30 years, if you're lucky. Until you have that franchise QB, you'll be playing for a wild card post-season spot, at best.

Fix the QB problem first. Don't let off the throttle trying to find him until you do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post

Nope, never a top 10 pick. I think Cutler was actually the first top 20 QB selection for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

That means squat. The staff running the team now wasn't responsible for the years prior to their taking over. Now, Elway has never drafted a franchise QB, and that's relevant. Since the GM has changed, we might see something different. Drafting a franchise QB is tough. It takes a lot of things to come together. How many truly championship caliber QB's are there in the league? 6? 7? And how long since the first of those guys (Brady) to the most recent? 15 years? Odds are way against you. Since being a dynasty requires that c'ship QB, anything less means your team will not do well year after year. And, since the odds are against you, the only way to beat those odds is to use that 1st round pick every year for that position, until you get your guy. Drafting a cornerback or an edge rusher will get a c'ship once every 30 years, if you're lucky. Until you have that franchise QB, you'll be playing for a wild card post-season spot, at best.

Fix the QB problem first. Don't let off the throttle trying to find him until you do.
                          Good post. Your last sentence sums it up. To be fair, the Broncos though they found their franchise quarterback and it appears that isn't the case. Back to the drawing board. Finding one is the most challenging "chore" for NFL teams, IMO.
                          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

No the QBs we have drafted in the 1st round are

Comment

Hell no...thats why was suck and will continue to suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Hell no...thats why was suck and will continue to suck.
                                *We have sucked the last 4 years.

Still one of the highest winning percentages in the NFL since the merger.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X