Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring in Carson!!!! 🏈

Comment

• I feel a bit bad, given I was pretty big on Drew the day we drafted him. I suppose if you are chosen in the 2nd, you are not expected to be a big time starter, but one never knows. He had a good 5 games in his first season, and I saw him as the future. This season not so much. Lets be clear though, his starter days in The NFL are not doomed by any means. He is young, has a powerful arm, is pretty athletic, and seems like a good guy/ good teammate. So in spite of all my excitement about Watson for example, I do hope the best for Lock, one way or another.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        I feel a bit bad, given I was pretty big on Drew the day we drafted him. I suppose if you are chosen in the 2nd, you are not expected to be a big time starter, but one never knows. He had a good 5 games in his first season, and I saw him as the future. This season not so much. Lets be clear though, his starter days in The NFL are not doomed by any means. He is young, has a powerful arm, is pretty athletic, and seems like a good guy/ good teammate. So in spite of all my excitement about Watson for example, I do hope the best for Lock, one way or another.
        I bet you'd be surprised how few fans actually want him to fail. Some may not believe in him, but still would rather he succeed and the Broncos have their guy. I was hopeful he'd improve over his 5 starts. Actually, in those he had problems. However, new QBs usually need a few games before defenses can plan against them, so they might look decent out of the chute.

If the Broncos don't get Watson, and even if they move up a few spots in the 1st to draft one of the top QBs (which I hope they do), I still would be equally happy if Lock turned the corner, beat that new guy for the position, and turned into the QB we hope for. Unfortunately, he has a lot of work to do. But, that doesn't mean it can't happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

I bet you'd be surprised how few fans actually want him to fail. Some may not believe in him, but still would rather he succeed and the Broncos have their guy. I was hopeful he'd improve over his 5 starts. Actually, in those he had problems. However, new QBs usually need a few games before defenses can plan against them, so they might look decent out of the chute.

If the Broncos don't get Watson, and even if they move up a few spots in the 1st to draft one of the top QBs (which I hope they do), I still would be equally happy if Lock turned the corner, beat that new guy for the position, and turned into the QB we hope for. Unfortunately, he has a lot of work to do. But, that doesn't mean it can't happen.
          I totally agree I do hope that if Denver were to Keep Drew that he would turn into our Josh Allen 2.0 and this is Year 3 for Drew right so I guess anything is possible however with Pat still calling the Plays Drews Days In Denver are just about over and yea I wanted Drew to be the Guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

I totally agree I do hope that if Denver were to Keep Drew that he would turn into our Josh Allen 2.0 and this is Year 3 for Drew right so I guess anything is possible however with Pat still calling the Plays Drews Days In Denver are just about over and yea I wanted Drew to be the Guy.
            Shurmur...Fangio....ugh. Every so often I just think about the players and forget those two incompetents are here. I feel bad for the players having leaders like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bird33 View Post
              Bring in Carson!!!! 🏈
              Palmer????

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                I feel a bit bad, given I was pretty big on Drew the day we drafted him. I suppose if you are chosen in the 2nd, you are not expected to be a big time starter, but one never knows. He had a good 5 games in his first season, and I saw him as the future. This season not so much. Lets be clear though, his starter days in The NFL are not doomed by any means. He is young, has a powerful arm, is pretty athletic, and seems like a good guy/ good teammate. So in spite of all my excitement about Watson for example, I do hope the best for Lock, one way or another.
                I'm right there with you, I was very vocal and supported him. I was banging the franchise QB drum for him. The way he ended last year gave everyone hope. However, when the pressure was put on him he failed.... miserably. Lots of QBs enter the league with talent, with arm strength, with mobility but for whatever reason they can't handle the mental game. I think that's Locks problem too, pressure is not his friend.

He makes the worst decisions when the check down or just a simple take what you can get throw is wide open. Is some of that correctable? It probably is but I always circle back to what we have to compete against in division. The best QB in the game and a young gun that looks very promising in Herbert.

Imo, Denver has to find a QB who can make those consistent correct choices. Can Denver afford to pass on some of these QBs hitting the market or solid draft prospects? I don't think so, I don't think Lock will be anything better than a Mitch Trubisky. Why waste a valuable opportunity with the draft position and cap space Denver has. Now is the perfect time to get that position figured out!!

Comment

• We will probably wind up with Mitch Trubinsky and Drew Lock as our QB's next season??

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                    We will probably wind up with Mitch Trubinsky and Drew Lock as our QB's next season??
                    Shut yo mouf!!!
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Shut yo mouf!!!

I think we need to get ready for Year 3 of "The Drew Lock experience"

Comment

As long as it doesn’t include Mitch Trubisky.
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

As long as it doesn’t include Mitch Trubisky.
                          If we are lucky, maybe we can trade down a few spots, And get an extra 2nd or 3rd pick and still get QB Zach Wilson within the first 15 picks????

Comment

If we are lucky, maybe we can trade down a few spots, And get an extra 2nd or 3rd pick and still get QB Zach Wilson within the first 15 picks????

Idk, some people think he’s better than Fields.

I’ll take either one over Lock if possible. Otherwise, I’m cool with giving Lock another go.
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Idk, some people think he’s better than Fields.

I’ll take either one over Lock if possible. Otherwise, I’m cool with giving Lock another go.
                              It's always a risk drafting a quarterback, you never know who's going to catch on in the NFL. We have to keep bringing in young quarterbacks to compete with the starter, (Drew Lock) until we find a keeper.

Comment

Lock currently has 18 starts under his belt. Anyone really paying attention to our QBs for the last 15 years I think by now should know the things that makes really bad starters. I personally have not seen the same things in Lock that I saw in Orton, Siemian, Oz, Flacco, Casey. I do so similarities to a lot of young QBs some who have made it...and some young QBs who did not make it. Probably because there have been very few NFL QBs over the decades who have came out and balled in their first 18 games.

Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                                X