Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

I totally agree I do hope that if Denver were to Keep Drew that he would turn into our Josh Allen 2.0 and this is Year 3 for Drew right so I guess anything is possible however with Pat still calling the Plays Drews Days In Denver are just about over and yea I wanted Drew to be the Guy.
    I do think we should give Lock another year but that is it. If this team does not have a winning record in 2021 the team in 2022 will look vastly different imo.

Some Allen comparisons

Allen first 12 games - qb rating 67.9
    Allen next 16 games - qb rating 85.3
    Allen next 16 games - qb rating 107.2 (Allen got a good WR to help this)

Lock QB rating first 18 games - 79.1 (Lock lost his best WR the last 13 games)

It took Allen 28 games and two off seasons while keeping the same offense to figure out how to play at the level he is now.

I am not sure how many NFL QBs would make fans happy with 18 games and 2 OCs + losing Elite WR last 13 games.
    Last edited by Hadez; 01-31-2021, 07:28 AM.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• If I remember correctly, the Gil Brandt standard for judging a quarterback is 30 games.

Next gets Lock to that threshold.

I’m good with that, if the Broncos can’t get Justin Fields.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I do think we should give Lock another year but that is it. If this team does not have a winning record in 2021 the team in 2022 will look vastly different imo.

Some Allen comparisons

Allen first 12 games - qb rating 67.9
        Allen next 16 games - qb rating 85.3
        Allen next 16 games - qb rating 107.2 (Allen got a good WR to help this)

Lock QB rating first 18 games - 79.1 (Lock lost his best WR the last 13 games)

It took Allen 28 games and two off seasons while keeping the same offense to figure out how to play at the level he is now.

I am not sure how many NFL QBs would make fans happy with 18 games and 2 OCs + losing Elite WR last 13 games.
        Thinking / assuming / that's it's actually possible that Lock will pan out like Allen did is not likely, IMO. We will definitely find out by mid to late November if not sooner.

Hope I'm wrong and have to eat my words.
        Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Yeah imo its a shame to right off a Qb in 18 games . Thats not something you do . Unless he's a total crap show , which Lock isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
            If I remember correctly, the Gil Brandt standard for judging a quarterback is 30 games.

Next gets Lock to that threshold.

I’m good with that, if the Broncos can’t get Justin Fields.
            30 Games LOL

Kyle Freaking Orton was 21-12 before coming to denver and yet 90% of the posters here saw him as a hot turd coming in. Certain players dont pass the eye test and Locks just one of those guys.

Give Houston 3 First Rounders / Miller / Lock for Watson and call it a decade of success in Denver

Comment

• Lock is the Starter until someone beats him out.
              The Watson "Pipe Dream" sounds great, but it is pretty much a fairy tale in my opinion.
              I think, I read that Watson doesn't want to play for the Broncos? And I don't hold that against the guy if thats the way he feels.

pipe dream

noun
              Definition of pipe dream
              an illusory or fantastic plan, hope, or story.

Synonyms for pipe dream

Synonyms

Last edited by Capt. Jack; 01-31-2021, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                Lock is the Starter until someone beats him out.
                The Watson "Pipe Dream" sounds great, but it is pretty much a fairy tale in my opinion.
                I think, I read that Watson doesn't want to play for the Broncos? And I don't hold that against the guy if thats the way he feels.

pipe dream

noun
                Definition of pipe dream

Synonyms for pipe dream

Synonyms
                There is a great Etruscan bronze statue of the Chimera called the Chimera of Arezzo. It's in the Museo Archeologico Nazionale in Florence, Italy. Did not know the Chimera was a synonym for "pipe dream".
                Last edited by samparnell; 01-31-2021, 09:53 AM. Reason: spelling error
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

There is a great Etruscan bronze statue of the Chimera called the Chimera of Arezzo. It's in the Museo Arheologico Nazionale in Florence, Italy. Did not know the Chimera was a synonym for "pipe dream".
                  I always learn a lot from you!
                  You have a wealth of knowledge!

Thanks!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                    Lock is the Starter until someone beats him out.

pipe dream

noun
                    Definition of pipe dream

Synonyms for pipe dream

Synonyms
                    I hear you, but I need more of a solid statement than "I think" with regards to Watson. It may be true, but until it's done, I see us in the hunt, IF we want to be. Usually when you hear management saying no way, or something like, sources say, I do not buy in wholeheartedly.

I did not see LA going after Stafford. Who knows what's next. It's possible til it's not.

Comment

• I wonder if Allen didn't have a good year what would the lock supporters say?

Like Allen is the standard...hey everyone look at allen....Allen makes a lot of plays with his legs...and Allen is not lock.

Not all qbs get awarded the same time...like its a standard of how many starts every qb can get...

Ima do the same thing...

Rosen was a top 12 pick and didn't didn't as many starts as lock...

Im ok with lock staying just have another top ten pick anything next year.
                      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

30 Games LOL

Kyle Freaking Orton was 21-12 before coming to denver and yet 90% of the posters here saw him as a hot turd coming in. Certain players dont pass the eye test and Locks just one of those guys.

Give Houston 3 First Rounders / Miller / Lock for Watson and call it a decade of success in Denver
                        I agree with 100% get lock up outta here.
                        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

30 Games LOL

The thing with Kyle Orton was that it was clear his potential was extremely limited. Below average arm strength, no mobility, etc. It was clear that he won games because of a strong defense and a good running game. Lock has a great arm with plus mobility so if he can get the technical aspects of playing the position down then he could be a very good QB. It’s easier said than done, but Lock would fit into the category of taking 30 games to see what you have whereas guys like Orton, Rypien, Siemian really don’t fit that profile. Those type of QBs have to constantly win just to have any hope of remaining a starter because once they go through a bad stretch they’re getting pulled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                            I wonder if Allen didn't have a good year what would the lock supporters say?

Like Allen is the standard...hey everyone look at allen....Allen makes a lot of plays with his legs...and Allen is not lock.

Not all qbs get awarded the same time...like its a standard of how many starts every qb can get...

Ima do the same thing...

Rosen was a top 12 pick and didn't didn't as many starts as lock...

Im ok with lock staying just have another top ten pick anything next year.
                            It just depends on who is for or against a player. Depending on that side, people will cherry pick a player, even reach on players to try and prove their stance.
                            There was people who thought Paxton deserved more time, people who thought Brock deserved more time, Tebow, Trevor, and so on.
                            A reality Bronco fans might need to acknowledge and accept is, some franchises are good at drafting QBs....and some aren't but are good at trading for them.
                            Broncos are one of those teams that success at the QB position comes from trades or free agency. Seriously, the best QB's Denver has had have all been through a trade or free agency.

Craig Morton(free agent)
                            Elway(trade)
                            Plummer(free agent)
                            Manning(free agent)

Maybe Paton is where this changes, but maybe Denver just needs to stop trying to develop QBs.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• If other teams saw anything worthy in Lock they would Be engaging in trade talks with Denver. Now when the phone rings and the caller ID says dove valley they laugh and think it's Elway trying to sell a slightly used hundi and don't even bother picking up the phone.

​​​​​​If Lock has so much potential value and such a high ceiling Houston would be getting a bargain then in Lock/Miller and two firsts for Watson. Sadly this isn't the case and we're looking at another failed campaign since this FO can't figure out the QB situation.

Comment

• I watched all of Drew Locks games for Denver, and I have to say, a lot of times, I was bummin with some of the stuff he would do. But then, there were times I Was like damn, Drew threw a nice ball.
                                As much as I would like for us to have a Superstar QB, sometimes you gotta try and develop a QB.
                                I think we will probably give Drew another season, and we probably bring in a Mitch Trubinsky type QB to back him up, or step in, if need be.

Comment

Working...
                                X