No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He was apart of the trade to lions.....they really don't want him ....you dont try to trade from Matthew Stafford...lock was almost up outta here lmao....come on Paton take another swing to get lock outta here
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
      He was apart of the trade to lions.....they really don't want him ....you dont try to trade from Matthew Stafford...lock was almost up outta here lmao....come on Paton take another swing to get lock outta here
      Is that a fact? I did not know that details were offered. For one thing, that can be a negative thing to go public with. I could offer a player in a deal, only because it makes good sense, but I would not want that player to necessarily know, given it could damage relations. If anything I would make sure he knows, if this could be leaked. It's a business, but some things should be private, because there can be more damage than is warranted. So maybe I really want to keep the player, and I like their style and even production....but to get what I need, I have to offer them up.

Comment

• Drew Lock is our starter, until, if/when we get a better QB.
        All this other stuff is pure speculation by Outsiders, not Insiders, or the professionals that are actually running the organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Is that a fact? I did not know that details were offered. For one thing, that can be a negative thing to go public with. I could offer a player in a deal, only because it makes good sense, but I would not want that player to necessarily know, given it could damage relations. If anything I would make sure he knows, if this could be leaked. It's a business, but some things should be private, because there can be more damage than is warranted. So maybe I really want to keep the player, and I like their style and even production....but to get what I need, I have to offer them up.
          If it was publicly mentioned to reporters that's one thing. If it was a leak, there might be some calls into the office in Dove Valley to figure out who leaked it. There is a lawsuit about to happen in Spain bc a news outlet leaked Messi's contract details, so now Barcelona and Messi are taking them to court. I doubt this situation would get that bad, but someone could lose their job if someone leaked info on the trade vs the team openly saying who was part of the trade.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
            Yeah imo its a shame to right off a Qb in 18 games . Thats not something you do . Unless he's a total crap show , which Lock isn't.
            How many games did Ryan Leaf play before the Bolts tossed him in the ocean? More than 18?
            Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

How many games did Ryan Leaf play before the Bolts tossed him in the ocean? More than 18?
              People kill when they feel one rule applies to all...it doesn't.
              Sometimes you just know and it doesn't that x amount of time to see.
              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Man we really should have let Tom Brandstater start 20 games....
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

Man we really should have let Tom Brandstater start 20 games....
                  Or, Bradley Van Pelt! 😂
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by qbronco View Post

Or, Bradley Van Pelt! 😂
                    We really didn't give Danny Kanell a chance...and Brandon Allen? Second coming, he just needed 4 seasons to start.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

If it was publicly mentioned to reporters that's one thing. If it was a leak, there might be some calls into the office in Dove Valley to figure out who leaked it. There is a lawsuit about to happen in Spain bc a news outlet leaked Messi's contract details, so now Barcelona and Messi are taking them to court. I doubt this situation would get that bad, but someone could lose their job if someone leaked info on the trade vs the team openly saying who was part of the trade.
                      Exactly....if Lock was offered in a deal, it should never get out publicly unless he agreed to it. And a GM would be incompetent to think that it is ok for a player to find out something like that through the public. Just think of the obvious....say Lock likes it here, and his bosses don't give him the respect he deserves in trade discussion. How do you patch that up easily? How do other Broncos view the organization? How does the rest of The NFL view the organization?

So if true, I am going to assume he knew about it beforehand, or someone is in doodoo.

Comment

Exactly....if Lock was offered in a deal, it should never get out publicly unless he agreed to it. And a GM would be incompetent to think that it is ok for a player to find out something like that through the public. Just think of the obvious....say Lock likes it here, and his bosses don't give him the respect he deserves in trade discussion. How do you patch that up easily? How do other Broncos view the organization? How does the rest of The NFL view the organization?

So if true, I am going to assume he knew about it beforehand, or someone is in doodoo.
                        It isn't uncommon players find out through the public they are being shopped. There has been a number of players whom have tweeted they didn't know they were traded until they saw it on ESPN or until they saw a Schefter tweet. Happens more in the NBA, Anthony Davis said he found out he was traded while scrolling through IG, that's a high level player who didn't even get a phone call by the team before hand.

All of it is unfortunate, and for Lock if it's true, might be crushed inside to find out how openly the team is shopping him.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

It isn't uncommon players find out through the public they are being shopped. There has been a number of players whom have tweeted they didn't know they were traded until they saw it on ESPN or until they saw a Schefter tweet. Happens more in the NBA, Anthony Davis said he found out he was traded while scrolling through IG, that's a high level player who didn't even get a phone call by the team before hand.

All of it is unfortunate, and for Lock if it's true, might be crushed inside to find out how openly the team is shopping him.
                          Listen IB, it may be more common than we think, but it is unnecessary, and as you say, unfortunate. It may ruin relations and trust/transparency, and as I mentioned, if some teams are doing but others aren't, those teams may not be as respected. That's not what makes a player want to join your organization.

Comment

Listen IB, it may be more common than we think, but it is unnecessary, and as you say, unfortunate. It may ruin relations and trust/transparency, and as I mentioned, if some teams are doing but others aren't, those teams may not be as respected. That's not what makes a player want to join your organization.
                            I don't agree with it. I think players should always get a heads up if they are on the block, or at the very least get the heads up before a deal is agreed too.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I don't agree with it. I think players should always get a heads up if they are on the block, or at the very least get the heads up before a deal is agreed too.
                              Agreed. Players are more than a commodity to traded. In a pure business sense, sure, but they are people with families, potential ties to the community not to mention within the locker room and teammates. It would be best to learn from the team or your agent before you hear about it on the news that you've been traded or cut.

Comment

Totally! Unless you have a fail safe way to make trade offers that do not allow "anyone" to ever find out, then don't even go there. If you are serious enough to make a trade for a player, at least have the integrity to advise them. If handled well, the player may not love the thought, but may respect you for making them feel valued, and the fact you took the time to explain why the deal makes sense. Most of these men are "men". They understand the business side. All they need is some assurances....even if they are being offered in a deal.

As a manager, I remember when we sort of traded managers within our department. You need to explain what is going on, tell them that the new place is a good fit for them, and make sure they know they are a valued employee, whose growth and development should provide a more promising future. Again, transparency to the highest degree. And it's not leading them on if it has a high degree of truth and empathy/respect in your words. Some folks will accept the new position and learn and grow into better employees as a result. How you present it makes a big difference. If not discussed, they may not see why it is such a good opportunity for them. But send them home feeling like they matter, and they do, can make the process more acceptable and even appreciated.

If the player is underperforming, or has been a problem of sorts, that discussion should have already have taken place. And even so, it does not have to be all negative, if you provide the person with a roadmap for improvement. And yes, I would still tell them that they are part of a trade offer.

Regardless if you fail to tell them (especially the guys who are trying) before word gets out, is very much like these wimps nowadays who break up over a text. Pathetic!!
                                Last edited by CanDB; 01-31-2021, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X