Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

How many games did Ryan Leaf play before the Bolts tossed him in the ocean? More than 18?
    Yeah I believe he didn't play his 2nd year . Ryan leaf was garbage . Had 39% his 1st year and a 50.6 his 2nd season playing (3rd NFL)

Drew Lock is way better the Leaf was . Paxton Lynch was garbage and it was obvious. Go back and look at all the Qbs to ever play the game and there's only a few who stand out really well their first 18 games . There's also other factors that come into mind as well. Locks had 2 seasons with 2 different OCs . He lost his best WR and top that off with all the Covid crap .

I'm not saying he's gonna be our franchise guy , but geez the kids played in 18 games . 18 games isn't even enough game time claim someone as the franchise Qb. This is a team sport and there were plenty of games he wasnt the reason we lost .

Now with that being said , if we trade for Watson thats great . We already know what Watson brings . We also know that aint happenig. My thoughts were its Watson or stick with Lock . Give the kid 2 yrs consecutive with an OC and see what comes .

Most around here were bashing on Josh Allen, now look at him . What about Elway liking Justin Herbert. People here were laughing calling out Elway because he doesn't know Qbs. Herbert looked great . He could be the guy , but he's got to play at that level for more time .

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post

Yeah I believe he didn't play his 2nd year . Ryan leaf was garbage . Had 39% his 1st year and a 50.6 his 2nd season playing (3rd NFL)

Drew Lock is way better the Leaf was . Paxton Lynch was garbage and it was obvious. Go back and look at all the Qbs to ever play the game and there's only a few who stand out really well their first 18 games . There's also other factors that come into mind as well. Locks had 2 seasons with 2 different OCs . He lost his best WR and top that off with all the Covid crap .

I'm not saying he's gonna be our franchise guy , but geez the kids played in 18 games . 18 games isn't even enough game time claim someone as the franchise Qb. This is a team sport and there were plenty of games he wasnt the reason we lost .

Now with that being said , if we trade for Watson thats great . We already know what Watson brings . We also know that aint happenig. My thoughts were its Watson or stick with Lock . Give the kid 2 yrs consecutive with an OC and see what comes .

Most around here were bashing on Josh Allen, now look at him . What about Elway liking Justin Herbert. People here were laughing calling out Elway because he doesn't know Qbs. Herbert looked great . He could be the guy , but he's got to play at that level for more time .
      And Leaf was a storm always waiting to happen! Some of the most embarrassing/unprofessional locker behaviour! Then again, based on his life afterward, the man had problems.

Comment

• Lock was apparently involved in trade talks with the Lions for Stafford. According to Klis Lock was involved along with the #9 pick and some of Broncos young offensive talent. Paton ultimately was unwilling to part with the young talent the Lions were asking for. I'm assuming that meant a combination of Jeudy, Sutton or Hamler
        https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...stafford-talks

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
          Lock was apparently involved in trade talks with the Lions for Stafford. According to Klis Lock was involved along with the #9 pick and some of Broncos young offensive talent. Paton ultimately was unwilling to part with the young talent the Lions were asking for. I'm assuming that meant a combination of Jeudy, Sutton or Hamler
          Dodged a Big mistake, but now I understand their thoughts on Lock. QB at pick # 9 ?

Comment

Lock was apparently involved in trade talks with the Lions for Stafford. According to Klis Lock was involved along with the #9 pick and some of Broncos young offensive talent. Paton ultimately was unwilling to part with the young talent the Lions were asking for. I'm assuming that meant a combination of Jeudy, Sutton or Hamler
            I think it might have been Fant and Hamler or Fant and Sutton. Lions probably asked for Jeudy and that's probably where the deal fell apart.
            With Fant and Lock already having a decent connection, makes sense to package them together. Threw Sutton in to offer a top wide out from us, but his injury probably made Detroit uninterested.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• " No receiver had a higher rate of their targets result in a quarterback-fault incompletion this season than (Jeudy)".

"(Jeudy) also racked up the most targets on which he created separation that resulted in a quarterback-fault incompletion."

Get this man a real QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post

" No receiver had a higher rate of their targets result in a quarterback-fault incompletion this season than (Jeudy)".

"(Jeudy) also racked up the most targets on which he created separation that resulted in a quarterback-fault incompletion."

Get this man a real QB.
                I seen a ton of drops for this high pick WR . Big time drops to boot. But I'm not wanting to get rid of him so early . I think he's gonna be a stud .

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

I think it might have been Fant and Hamler or Fant and Sutton. Lions probably asked for Jeudy and that's probably where the deal fell apart.
                  With Fant and Lock already having a decent connection, makes sense to package them together. Threw Sutton in to offer a top wide out from us, but his injury probably made Detroit uninterested.
                  They already have Hockenson.... don't think they would have asked for Fant...imo

Comment

if this is true, does it mean the Broncos are ready to move on from Lock, or is it just part of football business?

Comment

• Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post

if this is true, does it mean the Broncos are ready to move on from Lock, or is it just part of football business?
                      If true....and we as fans know about it already, so does Drew. You don't make moves like that if there is even a hint that you still want him around. Imo, he is already gone....

Comment

If true....and we as fans know about it already, so does Drew. You don't make moves like that if there is even a hint that you still want him around. Imo, he is already gone....
                        Curious to see how/if this affects his play. With his propensity to force plays, this could backfire, if it motivates him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

Curious to see how/if this affects his play. With his propensity to force plays, this could backfire, if it motivates him.
                          If Lock is motivated, it could help the Broncos.

Unfortunately, it won’t help as much as drafting Jordan Love helped the Packers.

As far as Lock being mentioned in trade talks, it doesn’t matter if he was aware or not. Players are supposed to know it’s a business and that they might be traded. They have no business getting pissy about it.

However, I will say this, if the trade had been consummated, the team would definitely need to inform Lock before the news went public.
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Lock is an employee of the Denver Broncos. If he doesn't like it,
                            it doesn't matter.
                            Football is a business and everybody is replaceable for the most part .

Comment

• Yup , totally agree Capt Jack . If our head office isn't trying to upgrade to Watson or Stafford they're not doing their job . Its like Tebow tossed aside for Manning .....come on its Peyton frigging Manning . Lock shouldnt be butt hurt . He knows he must step up . Lets see how he takes it and uses it .

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

If Lock is motivated, it could help the Broncos.....
                                My point is my curiosity how it motivates him. For some people, who might be a little lax in effort they put into doing good work, they simply might try harder. However, for Luck, that might backfire. One area he needed to improve was knowing when to simply lose the down by throwing the ball away/running out of bounds, instead of trying to make a play in a tough situation. He might "force it" even worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X