Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    As great as it would be to have a Star Quarterback like Watson, I just wouldn't want to give up five draft picks or whatever they're asking.

Especially,,, if said athlete has a hissy fit if he doesn't like something, and then demand to be traded, after they give him a 40 million dollar a year contract.

(It seems to me, These athletes get a little funny after they have a hundred million dollar contract.)

JMO
    A friend of mine has the same hang up regarding giving up draft picks for Watson. My response is this. Since 2016 these are the players we drafted in the first and second rounds:

Paxton Lynch
    Adam Gotsis
    Garett Bolles
    DeMarcus Walker
    Bradley Chubb
    Courtland Sutton
    Noah Fant
    Dalton Risner
    Drew Lock
    Jerry Jeudy
    KJ Hammer

Not speaking for all fans but I would give up any and all of those players for Watson.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post

A friend of mine has the same hang up regarding giving up draft picks for Watson. My response is this. Since 2016 these are the players we drafted in the first and second rounds:

Paxton Lynch
      Adam Gotsis
      Garett Bolles
      DeMarcus Walker
      Bradley Chubb
      Courtland Sutton
      Noah Fant
      Dalton Risner
      Drew Lock
      Jerry Jeudy
      KJ Hammer

Not speaking for all fans but I would give up any and all of those players for Watson.
      Absolutely, there's all different kind of ways to look at it. Watson is a very talented young QB, Worth alot of value.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

Which is why the Broncos need to be looking at another QB. Reality of the situation is that Shurmur stinks, and Fangio is clueless when it comes to offense. That's just the situation. So, they don't have the luxury of babysitting Lock until Lock figures out how to fix all of his problems, of which there are many. The Broncos need a QB that has the talent, mechanics, and gray matter to stand on his own, in spite of the coaching staff. Lock isn't that guy. Waiting until the Broncos change that situation, and then waiting until Lock goes through the motions to fix his issues (if he ever does) is going to be another 3 seasons of crap football. I'm not interested in seeing more of that. No Broncos fan should be.
        geee its a wonder no nfl team has snatched you off the streets as their lead talent evaluator....
        sigpic
        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post

geee its a wonder no nfl team has snatched you off the streets as their lead talent evaluator....
          It's an opinion board, pal. I'm not the only one here who has an opinion on what the Broncos are and what they should do about fixing it.

Comment

Yeah, trouble is historically they either stay the same or get worse more often than get better. Oh, now I'm hearing that the local media mouth that was blowing the horn that Watson was interested is pretty much full of sh*t, at least by those who have solid reputations (like Adam Shefter). Klis was the one reporting it, and he's often been full of crap. It's kinda funny how some people can keep their job even after repeatedly being a train wreck.
            History? What you say is not what I have observed during the past fifty-six years of observation and experience. Football players get better, stay the same or get worse is true at all levels. At the high school and college levels, it is more likely that they will get better or stay the same rather than they will regress. In pro football most players improve from their rookie seasons and many continue improving during most of their careers after which many plateau until their career draws to a close. Roster size limitations and salary cap dictate that when pro football players begin to decline, they find themselves out of the game which means you just don't see a lot of players in the process of continuously getting worse. Of the three possibilities, getting worse as a pro football player is less likely except for diminished physical ability resulting from injury or age, the latter of which is inevitable.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

History? What you say is not what I have observed during the past fifty-six years of observation and experience. Football players get better, stay the same or get worse is true at all levels. At the high school and college levels, it is more likely that they will get better or stay the same rather than they will regress. In pro football most players improve from their rookie seasons and many continue improving during most of their careers after which many plateau until their career draws to a close. Roster size limitations and salary cap dictate that when pro football players begin to decline, they find themselves out of the game which means you just don't see a lot of players in the process of continuously getting worse. Of the three possibilities, getting worse as a pro football player is less likely except for diminished physical ability resulting from injury or age, the latter of which is inevitable.
              Sir,

Just a question How do you view Drew Lock? Would you give him one more year to prove it? I am seriously just asking for your insight and what would You Do if you were the GM or Owner of the Denver Broncos when it comes to this matter of Drew Lock? Your insight is always Great !!

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

I should've been more specific stating QBs are like that. This is a QB thread, and I didn't think to be specific.

There was a study on MHR using stats of rookie QBs over the past 20 years. There wasn't much of an up-tick to them. The ones who improved were in the minority, not in the majority. Now, if you include all other positions, then you very well may be right. But, being a QB is a slightly different animal than most other positions, if not all.

Also, if you look at all players, you have to include the guys who warm the bench, get relegated to practice squad, and also get shuffled out of the league. We watch the guys on the field, and those are the guys who've "made it". So, you'd expect them to be decent and remain that way, or improved to the point of being decent. We don't pay attention to the ones who get demoted or sent on their way. So, we lose a lot of "data". Carl Sagan called it enumeration of favorable circumstance. We're missing a lot of the info because we concentrate on what we tend to see.
                Last edited by DiveInstructor; 02-03-2021, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• I think Drew Lock can improve, there was a couple games where he put the team in position to win the game and the defense couldn't hold on and close the deal. So when this young roster gets their act together in all 3 phases , we should be able to win some more games.

Comment

I think Drew Lock can improve, there was a couple games where he put the team in position to win the game and the defense couldn't hold on and close the deal. So when this young roster gets their act together in all 3 phases , we should be able to win some more games.

To me, improving is one thing, but being that HOF QB that can lead the franchise to multiple SB appearances/wins is a totally different animal. Lock is a long way from being that. He sure has a lot of issues to clean up to be anywhere near that.

Comment

• I'm not expecting Drew Lock to be a Hall of Fame quarterback. I do think he can improve and mature and be a better quarterback. And lead the team on drives down the field and score some points.
                      (As long as he stops throwing Picks at critical times in the game, but even Lamar Jackson throws some pick's at the most inopportune times during a game.)

Comment

I'm not expecting Drew Lock to be a Hall of Fame quarterback. I do think he can improve and mature and be a better quarterback. And lead the team on drives down the field and score some points.
                        (As long as he stops throwing Picks at critical times in the game, but even Lamar Jackson throws some pick's at the most inopportune times during a game.)
                        Ah, gotcha. I want that HOF QB. Without that, the Broncos have been pretty much irrelevant, whether you consider this post Manning era, or the post Elway era. Certainly not an easy task to accomplish.

Comment

Ah, gotcha. I want that HOF QB. Without that, the Broncos have been pretty much irrelevant, whether you consider this post Manning era, or the post Elway era. Certainly not an easy task to accomplish.
                          Me too!
                          I was happy when the Broncos acquired John Elway, and then we had 16 years of solid quarterback play.
                          It felt the same way before we got Elway.

Comment

Me too!
                            I was happy when the Broncos acquired John Elway, and then we had 16 years of solid quarterback play.
                            It felt the same way before we got Elway.

I can imagine. I became a Broncos fan when I moved here in late '98. Had nothing to do with their success...just wanted to be a local. When Elway retired, I suspected they wouldn't find the same success, even though they had Shanny. One thing Pat Bowlen did was even during those times there was always a feeling of focus and quality from the team. So, those years, even though they weren't SB years, I still enjoyed. When Pat was gone....sad times.....feels like there's no plan and there's no captain steering the ship.

Comment

I can imagine. I became a Broncos fan when I moved here in late '98. Had nothing to do with their success...just wanted to be a local. When Elway retired, I suspected they wouldn't find the same success, even though they had Shanny. One thing Pat Bowlen did was even during those times there was always a feeling of focus and quality from the team. So, those years, even though they weren't SB years, I still enjoyed. When Pat was gone....sad times.....feels like there's no plan and there's no captain steering the ship.
                              It has been some tough times. I was happy when we were able to sign Manning, I was thinking we would never win another Super Bowl.

They talk about one of the greatest plays in Elway's career was the helicopter play in the Super Bowl,
                              But, I think one of his greatest plays was when they brought Peyton Manning to Dove Valley, Elway ran up and got the door and opened the door for Peyton Manning!!!! That was a big play!!

Comment

• Im good with 3-4 1st's if you can make it to two super bowls and the playoffs 8 out of 10 years with Watson.

P.S. People complained giving away too much when the Lakers acquired AD.

Championships change everything and I feel Watson gives the Broncos an opportunity for multiple
                                Last edited by rst08tierney; 02-03-2021, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X