No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iam going to eat drew lock for two more years. Who know what’s going to pan out. We sell out our best picks we lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
      I saw a trade by fan sided that looks like this:
      Denver gets Watson.
      Houston gets 3 first(2021,2022, 2023), Lock and either Hamilton or Hamler. They also added that if Houston doesn't want Lock, then Denver could and should offer Sutton and keep Hamler.
      So Hamilton and Sutton with the picks.
      Interesting...the previous storyline was that The Texans wanted 2 defensive players, along with a different draft pick combo. Not day and night different, but quite different. Makes you wonder again if leaked info is not really leaked at all.....just guesswork.

However, if this be true, I would probably be ok with it, because that would mean Watson was ok with Jeudy, Hamler, Patrick and Fant, as receivers. Which hurts, given Sutton's star capability going forward. BUT, it would keep our D intact, and losing 2 of our young D talents could set us back too much. We want balance, not one sidedness.

Then again...who knows what's really going on!!!

The article I posted above surprised me that we offered Lock and our #1 pick for Stafford. If accurate, that tells me we are seriously looking for a QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Interesting...the previous storyline was that The Texans wanted 2 defensive players, along with a different draft pick combo. Not day and night different, but quite different. Makes you wonder again if leaked info is not really leaked at all.....just guesswork.

However, if this be true, I would probably be ok with it, because that would mean Watson was ok with Jeudy, Hamler, Patrick and Fant, as receivers. Which hurts, given Sutton's star capability going forward. BUT, it would keep our D intact, and losing 2 of our young D talents could set us back too much. We want balance, not one sidedness.

Then again...who knows what's really going on!!!

The article I posted above surprised me that we offered Lock and our #1 pick for Stafford. If accurate, that tells me we are seriously looking for a QB.
        Yea I also saw one that had Denver giving up 2 first, a second, third, Chubb, and/or Simmons for Watson and Houston's 4th round pick.

I think everyone even sports media is guessing. Especially post Stafford trade, the idea of Watson value has gone up to fans and the media, but Houston themselves are tight lipped. I'd image if Denver is interested, they've already made the call and either negotiating or already thinking of another QB. Coming days will be telling, though one report I saw is Houston will try to play this out until the draft.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Yea I also saw one that had Denver giving up 2 first, a second, third, Chubb, and/or Simmons for Watson and Houston's 4th round pick.

I think everyone even sports media is guessing. Especially post Stafford trade, the idea of Watson value has gone up to fans and the media, but Houston themselves are tight lipped. I'd image if Denver is interested, they've already made the call and either negotiating or already thinking of another QB. Coming days will be telling, though one report I saw is Houston will try to play this out until the draft.
          Well if they play this out as that report says, I hope it backfires. Some teams may grow tired of the gamesmanship once it starts taking too long. Teams think "lets go another direction". I don't blame them for wanting to get a load of goods in return, but it may not be wise to turn off anyone in the process. Teams may have other options and fear being left too late with nothing to show, other than the draft. I liked how the Stafford deal went down. Two teams wanted it to happen, and made it happen.

Comment

• All of those proposed trades to take on that contract along with giving up those picks is terrible, it wont work. We have deeper issues than just the quarterback, and giving up potential building blocks of the next era of Broncos football for Watson who has proven he isn't enough to overcome bad talent around him, what a disaster waiting to happen. Such a potentially dangerous situation we could find ourselves in with his cap allocation and no future high draft capital if we sell the farm for a quarterback who hasn't really achieved anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
              All of those proposed trades to take on that contract along with giving up those picks is terrible, it wont work. We have deeper issues than just the quarterback, and giving up potential building blocks of the next era of Broncos football for Watson who has proven he isn't enough to overcome bad talent around him, what a disaster waiting to happen. Such a potentially dangerous situation we could find ourselves in with his cap allocation and no future high draft capital if we sell the farm for a quarterback who hasn't really achieved anything.
              I disagree, all of the young talent this team has on offense would be crazy good with Watson behind center. At some point we are going to find a QB via draft or free agency and that QB is going to get paid. Why not Watson? He lead the league is passing yards with junk around him. Imagine what he could do with better skill players around him. Like I said earlier, we can keep the D afloat through free agency for a couple years until we get those picks back. I'm all for it, I'm sooooo tired of crap QB play!!! And with our division with Mahomes and Herbert and Carr... We NEED a Watson type guy to compete

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

I disagree, all of the young talent this team has on offense would be crazy good with Watson behind center. At some point we are going to find a QB via draft or free agency and that QB is going to get paid. Why not Watson? He lead the league is passing yards with junk around him. Imagine what he could do with better skill players around him. Like I said earlier, we can keep the D afloat through free agency for a couple years until we get those picks back. I'm all for it, I'm sooooo tired of crap QB play!!! And with our division with Mahomes and Herbert and Carr... We NEED a Watson type guy to compete
                In your opinion, which has been rather similar for the better part of the last 4 years if I am not correct ? Also, I think the difference is pretty obvious, and the way you put it is a simplistic view removed from reality. When you give up the future and the cap in one transaction which is what would occur here, it is entirely different to paying a guy who is in house, or paying a free agent, that is why it doesn't happen often. But this has been explained over and over, some will never understand the difference and the risk absorbed by doing such proposed trades for guys with such big contracts.

Comment

That would be moronic to give up that kind of strength and capital for a QB that produced one more win than Brock Osweiler, and is coming off a stats pad season racking up stats when the game is out of reach. It is hard to imagine that ex Lock would have won fewer games if he was the Houston starter would only be able to produce 2 wins against teams that finished with less than 15 losses.

Comment

In your opinion, which has been rather similar for the better part of the last 4 years if I am not correct ? Also, I think the difference is pretty obvious, and the way you put it is a simplistic view removed from reality. When you give up the future and the cap in one transaction which is what would occur here, it is entirely different to paying a guy who is in house, or paying a free agent, that is why it doesn't happen often. But this has been explained over and over, some will never understand the difference and the risk absorbed by doing such proposed trades for guys with such big contracts.
                    Yeah, I'm a fan and I get excited about certain possibilities, sorry. You should try it sometime......

Comment

• Stafford cost way too much.

A trade for Watson will cost too much.

A trade for Darnold will cost too much.

John is still in the building but give Paton the option to find competition for Lock.

Paton won’t find anyone to compete with Lock other than Andy Dalton.

It’ll be Dalton and Lock rolling into 2021 for Denver.

Perhaps after March of 2021 there will be a new owner of the Denver Broncos and hopefully then we’ll see someone who’s committed to finding Denver’s next great QB.

It’ll be someone who won’t have to ask or answer to John Elway!

Comment

You get hung up on the draft picks because you are assuming that those picks are going to actually hit. Every one of them have the possibility of being bust's. Watson is a guarantee and makes this team an instant contender....I don't see the problem with that. Money will take care of itself. Getting Watson on board will entice other free agents too and players will except cheaper deal's to play with him....same thing Manning did for us
                        Last edited by JvDub95; 02-05-2021, 03:30 AM.

Comment

• Salary cap means you can only be good so many places. Giving up draft picks to get a QB is worth it. I would much rather be great at QB than good in several other places. 90+% of the time the final 4 remaining teams in the playoffs are the teams that have the better QB.

Everybody wants Lock to pan out. What has he shown that will happen? 32nd ranked QB this season, that doesn't scream build around me. With Deshaun we'd be in the mix every year. I don't care the cost, I'm so tired of crap QBs. If there is even a hint of a possibility that Denver can land Watson it HAS to be taken, not even a debate imo....

Comment

• I am glad we didn't give up all that LA gave up for Stafford.
                            Now Watson is a different story if we could get him, it would be better then overpaying for Stafford.
                            Give Houston Von, Lock, and a few picks, that would be great.
                            We probably won't get Watson but maybe Wentz is an Option?
                            Either Way to pay one of these QB's north of 30 mill, we probably need to give Von in any trade?

Comment

You get hung up on the draft picks because you are assuming that those picks are going to actually hit. Every one of them have the possibility of being bust's. Watson is a guarantee and makes this team an instant contender....I don't see the problem with that. Money will take care of itself. Getting Watson on board will entice other free agents too and players will except cheaper deal's to play with him....same thing Manning did for us
                              Not just the possibility, but likelihood of being busts or at least not good long term players. Lock was a project and now we have the time invested in him. It has become the norm to dismiss the lack of offseason/normal camp and more than one year under a single OC as unimportant because Herbert managed to play well, but for Lock it was critical, especially considering two rookie wr's. There is also not one player i can think of that would have benefitted more from a solid veteran presence in the room and who did they get for a backup?? I get the criticism, believe me, but i don't understand the guys who want to start over with a draft pick that may not turn out rather than give drew a third year with a solid veteran backup and 2nd year in a system. I'm not sure it will work, but i like that better than going back to start. Especially trading up. Just makes no sense. If you are going to use this years first and next years to move up, just pay whatever the difference is and get Watson. Other than that draft smart, get a veteran that can actually help Drew with gameplans and how to be a pro qb in general and see what happens with JJ and Hamler in their second year and Sutton back with a full offseason (HOPEFULLY! Covid sucks)
                              TLDR; get watson or stick with Drew one more year with everything in place.
                              Last edited by Ltsft; 02-05-2021, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Yeah, I'm a fan and I get excited about certain possibilities, sorry. You should try it sometime......
                                I'm curious why being a fan is of value, when it comes to a pro team? Honest question. What exactly does one pro team give you that others won't? Not much, in reality. Take these Broncos...they're putting pretty much junk on the field these last few years. Yet, fans feel the need to defend them while paying them.

Why is it important to be a fan of a pro team? Do you like the uniforms? Did you go to Broncos University and get your degree there? It's owned by a team of accountants and marketing people, not by Pat Bowlen anymore, so there can't be loyalty to him. The coaching staff is performing for their reputation and jobs, not the reputation of the Broncos. Pretty much any player here would drop their uniform in the dumpster as they ran to another team that gave them a better contract or opportunity. Us being fans doesn't ensure a quality product, that's for sure. They're not doing it for charity. They're giving you a product that you're buying. You're the one paying their salaries, not the other way around. The Broncos don't give me a birthday card on my birthday. They're not there to give me sound advice when I can use some, or emotional support when something bad happens to me. They're not my friends. Heck, the team would probably move in a heartbeat if some other city offered them an amazing stadium and market. Heck, in free market capitalism, loyalty is to quality/performance returned per dollar spent. This is a free market, right?

I guess if I think about it, there's nothing of personal benefit or benefit to the Broncos for being a fan. They just want the money of people buying their product. They don't care if it's a K.C. fan sitting in the seat, unless local Broncos fan money threatens to go away because of it.

Also, who would you rather see in the Super Bowl? These 4-12 Broncos playing? Or two teams that are top of the game in performance? I want to see the best. I wish the local team was, but they're not

Comment

Working...
                                X