Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I have heard some rumors that Watson would consider going to the Broncos? Either way I think we would have to include Von in any trade to Houston?
    (Which he may like?)

​​​​​We need that 20mill to be able to afford Watson.
    Maybe a 1, 2, and 3 pick plus Von and Lock????

Von should be worth something????
    I value him to be equivalent, anywhere from a second round pick to a third round pick?

Lock should the equivalent to a 4 for a 5th round pick?

(And it's just my opinion, no reason for anybody to freak out, start accusing people of being stupid, or anything else.)

​​​​​
    Houston Gets

2021 1st
    2022 1st
    2023 Swap Denvers 1st with Houstons 2nd
    Miller (with a red bow tied by elway)
    Lock

Denver Gets

Watson
    Extra 2nd Round 2023 Pick

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

Houston Gets

2021 1st
      2022 1st
      2023 Swap Denvers 1st with Houstons 2nd
      Miller (with a red bow tied by elway)
      Lock

Denver Gets

Watson
      Extra 2nd Round 2023 Pick

I think this is a realistic trade, I do think they(Houston) would try to push that 2nd rounder into a 3rd though, just to feel like they got a better haul. And with rumors that JJ Watt also wants out of Houston, Von Miller might be a big draw to them. They could trade Watt to another team bringing in a haul, and then get Von from Denver.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• DW agent is simply playing the field trying to command the best deal he can get for his client. I seriously doubt he is interested in Denver but hey it is a nice thing to imagine.

Comment

• Not buying into the notion that it’s even a possibility that Watson goes to the division run by Kermit.

Doesn’t make sense for Denver to want Watson.

If the Broncos were a good team, it would make sense.

Watson played 16 games and still went 4-12.

I don’t think he’s the difference maker people want to pretend he is.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
            Not buying into the notion that it’s even a possibility that Watson goes to the division run by Kermit.

Record isn't every thing. the Texans probably had the worst Defense in the nfl this year.
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Not buying into the notion that it’s even a possibility that Watson goes to the division run by Kermit.

Maybe he's intrigued by our offensive skill players?? Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, Fant and Gordon isn't too shabby. It would be a very successful offense and maybe he has confidence the defense would stay competitive with the mastermind defensive head coach???.....just a couple thoughts on why he'd want to go to Denver

Comment

I think you have a different reason for not wanting Watson in Denver....otherwise you're being delusional.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Rumor going around is the Bears are gonna trade for Wentz

its looking like Cohen Foles and 2021 1st for Wentz. which may be good for people want to get Watson cause it will probably drop his price.
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

I think there needs to be an appreciation for how bad a team has to be for their quarterback to finish 1st in yards per completion, 3rd in completion percentage, top ten in touchdowns thrown, top five in interceptions thrown, and only win 4 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

Record isn't every thing. the Texans probably had the worst Defense in the nfl this year.
                      See you have you logic and understanding to know that....you just don't look at a team final recod....if a qb put up 30 pts a game but the def gave up 40 and a qb goes 4-12 people say the qb can't win lmao..... but a lot don't know football as they claim they do.
                      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

I think you have a different reason for not wanting Watson in Denver....otherwise you're being delusional.
                        Oh its very clear what it is......now I see others see it too....bc to see some of the stuff being said about dw is highly comical. But hey it is it it is.
                        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

I think there needs to be an appreciation for how bad a team has to be for their quarterback to finish 1st in yards per completion, 3rd in completion percentage, top ten in touchdowns thrown, top five in interceptions thrown, and only win 4 games.
                          You and I see and know this very easy logic....they bring up "this year" record bc thats the only bad thing they can hang their hat on
                          ...just like blaze said some have a different reason for not wanting watson....but idk what it is.....lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

The Rams just gave away 2 1st round picks to get Stafford, no GMs will give away future assets??? I know those teams I listed actually drafted those players. My point is that they paid those players and they still win and are/were constantly in the hunt for championships. Denver has been drafting high for a while now and are sucking the bottom of the barrel. Who cares if we have to give up a few years of picks, it's not like we won't be able to sign free agents or land some gems in later rounds?!?!?!?

Elway has built a good surrounding offense, he just hasn't been able to get the QB situation figured out. Very surprising considering how good he was. He relinquished his powers and who knows what/where Paton wants to go. What we do know is he offered up Lock and our #9 pick for Stafford so why wouldn't we assume he would be willing to offer up more for Watson. That is reality, FYI
                            Again, did you read and comprehend what I said ? I have mentioned this so many times to you specifically over time, I feel like I'm wasting my time. In short, taking up a huge contract in isolation is done often, but it is rarely done at the same time as giving up multiple high draft picks as well, there is reasoning behind it which I won't bother to explain, again. The Stafford example as I highlighted is slightly different as they got rid of a huge contract that was guaranteed in the process, do you get that ? However, the Rams are one of very few teams who have shown they are willing to give up high picks to acquire huge contracts at the same time, for example Jalen Ramsey and Brandon Cooks.

By way of a quick analysis on those moves, one of them has been horrible. Cooks was traded for with the 23rd overall pick, they gave him a huge extension, and then traded him after 2 seasons. Jalen Ramsey is a great player, but has the free agent market been that much weaker to warrant giving up a 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder to take his contract on ? I don't think so. And now on the Stafford move, I think it's been pretty unanimous on that front on who most believe won that trade.

On the last little comment about reality, I haven't mentioned that at any point during this discussion as a reason for why I was saying I felt you were not living in reality, it is irrelevant to everything I am saying here, and on Lock specifically, I agree he is obviously not the plan for the future here as of right now. Question, if Dak hits the open market and you can sign him and keep those high round picks you want to trade for Watson, is that a better plan ? I know now that Watson could come here you reckon he is a guaranteed top 5 quarterback in the league, debatable, but would that make more sense ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                              Rumor going around is the Bears are gonna trade for Wentz

its looking like Cohen Foles and 2021 1st for Wentz. which may be good for people want to get Watson cause it will probably drop his price.
                              LOL....that's like making the choice between shooting yourself in the left temple or the right. Leave it to Da Bears!

Comment

• The Texans defense was 27th in Pts/game compared to 25th for Denver.

I don’t think that’s enough of a difference to decide he’s worth selling the farm.
                                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                                You Mad Bro?
                                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X