Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Glad you think you sit at the gm table to say "end of story"

You dont know any more than the rest of us.

Its very funny on most of these people didn't have a clue who Paton was and he has one press conference and they think they know who he is and what he's gonna do....lol very comical.
    Jeez, let it go. The guy's entitled to his football opinion and how he presents it, just like everyone else on here, including you.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

Jeez, let it go. The guy's entitled to his football opinion and how he presents it, just like everyone else on here, including you.
      Umm i just said he was pretty much speculating like the rest of us....nothing to let go.
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Umm i just said he was pretty much speculating like the rest of us....nothing to let go.
        Well, at least be entertaining when you criticize. I get a great laugh when you tell people they don't know squat about football and you do. Those are my favorites!

Comment

• I made a comment about Jeudy needing some PR lessons. Some may disagree about the way he was set up by the interviewer, or he's young, or whatever. But Lock could have the last laugh next year and beyond if he wins the job, and gets to choose who he wants to "distribute" the ball to and how often...with all those potential talented receivers - Sutton, Hamler, Fant, Patrick...Jeudy. Of course a QB would not avoid a primary receiver, but he sure can make that dude work his butt off to be one of the main targets!

My gut tells me The Broncos have talked to him and tactfully tried to impress upon him that his team mate, not a potential team mate, is the guy you want to boast about. And that a rookie who has work to do, needs to let interviews like that go to established vets, if similar questions are asked. There's a way to answer.
          Last edited by CanDB; 02-07-2021, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            I made a comment about Jeudy needing some PR lessons. Some may disagree about the way he was set up by the interviewer, or he's young, or whatever. But Lock could have the last laugh next year and beyond if he wins the job, and gets to choose who he wants to "distribute" the ball to and how often...with all those potential talented receivers - Sutton, Hamler, Fant, Patrick...Jeudy. Of course a QB would not avoid a primary receiver, but he sure can make that dude work his butt off to be one of the main targets!

My gut tells me The Broncos have talked to him and tactfully tried to impress upon him that his team mate, not a potential team mate, is the guy you want to boast about. And that a rookie who has work to do, needs to let interviews like that go to established vets, if similar questions are asked. There's a way to answer.
            Yeah, even though I found that interview to not be as bad as some were saying, he shouldn't have said that about Watson. I think a lot of these guys are young and aren't taught how to handle themselves. If Lock does make it through and ends up being QB, I could understand him not going Jeudy's way very much. Think of how Manning would deal with it...the guy would be warming the bench and find himself off the team eventually.
            Lock has a huge hurdle to clear to get that QB job. Even the staff seems like they're not in his corner. It's all gonna fall on his shoulders. I really want an HOF QB, and I doubt that's Lock. But, if he earns it and ends up being great, I'll gladly eat crow on that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

I think there has to be an appreciation for how irrelevant it is to produce impressive passing stats when your team is down 21-0, and how significant a job it is for a QB to get the whole team working together to produce wins. There has not been a single example in NFL history where a team has had success by getting a QB in this manner, with a monster contract and monster compensation in draft picks.

The excuses for 2 wins over a 1-15 plus two additional wins against weak teams is that the rest of the team was not good enough, but that happens when you invest everything in a QB that cannot carry the team.

I think there has to be an appreciation for how bad of a leader a QB has to be in order to not get the rest of the team to perform. When you spend all your ressources on the QB that person has to lift the whole team, and Deshawn Watson clearly isn't the answer. Do anyone really think that Tom Brady at 43 would have produced as poor a season for the Texans as DW has?

It reeks that DW - like Cutler - will have fans that talk about how great the results would be if the OC was better, the HC, the defense, the WRs, if thy had just gotten that lucky break....

Tom Brady has reached AFCC games with worse ranked defenses than DW - there is nothing elite about producing stats without wins!
              Brady's never had a defense as bad as Houston's this year. 27th in scoring, and 30th in yards? When? He actually had the number one defense in the league last year in both scoring and yards, and he got bounced in the Wildcard. I don't know what you're trying to say there. He had a top ten defense in yards and scoring again this year. In the NFC Championship alone, he was 0.5 interceptions shy of putting up half of Watson's total for the entire year. You think the Texans would've won any game with those 3 picks? How is that "getting the whole team working together to produce wins"? I don't see it.

I don't know how the Jay Cutler comp works either. You've got a quarterback who is in constant negative game script, the team is 31st in the league in rushing attempts, he's completing passes farther down the field than any other quarterback, completing passes at the 3rd highest rate in the league, and finishing in the top 5 in fewest interceptions thrown. Are you saying that Jay Cutler could do that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

Brady's never had a defense as bad as Houston's this year. 27th in scoring, and 30th in yards? When? He actually had the number one defense in the league last year in both scoring and yards, and he got bounced in the Wildcard. I don't know what you're trying to say there. He had a top ten defense in yards and scoring again this year. In the NFC Championship alone, he was 0.5 interceptions shy of putting up half of Watson's total for the entire year. You think the Texans would've won any game with those 3 picks? How is that "getting the whole team working together to produce wins"? I don't see it.

I don't know how the Jay Cutler comp works either. You've got a quarterback who is in constant negative game script, the team is 31st in the league in rushing attempts, he's completing passes farther down the field than any other quarterback, completing passes at the 3rd highest rate in the league, and finishing in the top 5 in fewest interceptions thrown. Are you saying that Jay Cutler could do that?
                That dude just talks....Doesn’t matter what he thinks....the nfl and nfl players know he top 5....and hella teams are making calls to the Texans.. make it happen Paton.
                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• I've watched Bronco QBs since guys like Tensi. I don't think there's a QB I've seen where I can make a list of both pros and cons as I can for Lock. I could argue both sides of keeping him or not unlike any other Bronco QB.

For me, when we started the season I was about 75-80% confident Lock was the guy based on his rookie season. Over the season my confidence dropped to about 10%. This was during the Miami game after he threw the pick 6. At that point I pretty much wrote him off...

But if you take his performance after the pick 6, he's actually been decent and Ben Allbright has pointed this out. Counting Miami and since, he had 10 TDs and 5 INTs in his last 6 games. This was also the time that Rypien suggested he take what the D gave him.

I'm at about 50% confidence level now. It's a coin flip. And this is what makes it tough for me. If it were me I'd look for a deal on a QB but I wouldn't over-spend to gt one. We may have to next year, but not now. If I were Paton and there's a QB at 9 he has rated clearly higher than he rated Lock when Lock came out, draft that QB.

If we go with Lock I think Baker Mayfield and the Browns are the model I'd go after. Lock probably won't ever be a Top 5 franchise QB but we may be able to win and get to the playoffs with him. I think Lock has a better arm than Mayfield, but Mayfield has more competitive fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                    If we go with Lock I think Baker Mayfield and the Browns are the model I'd go after. Lock probably won't ever be a Top 5 franchise QB but we may be able to win and get to the playoffs with him. I think Lock has a better arm than Mayfield, but Mayfield has more competitive fire.
                    Just because Mayfield is a jerk it doesn’t mean he has more competitive fire. Mayfield may just be a better quarterback.

I think if the Broncos truly wanted to follow the Browns model, they would at least find a bigger version of Phillip Lindsay and an heir to Gordon.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Just because Mayfield is a jerk it doesn’t mean he has more competitive fire. Mayfield may just be a better quarterback.

I think if the Broncos truly wanted to follow the Browns model, they would at least find a bigger version of Phillip Lindsay and an heir to Gordon.
                      You're right. Mayfield being a jerk doesn't make him more competitive than Lock. Mayfield being more competitive than Lock is what makes Mayfield more competitive. I'm not alone with the OPINION that Lock is just a little too relaxed on the field.

And I didn't imply the Broncos "truly wanted" anything. I'm not sure how you came up with that I did? I merely stated my opinion on what I consider a Plan B and what I would do. Yes, getting a young franchise QB is the top priority, but reality dictates at least having a backup plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

Well in 2017 the Patriots defense ranked 30th on EPA and 31st on DVOA, and they lost the SB!
                        I am a bit puzzled why you compare what Brady has done in the playoffs at age 42 and 43 with a QB that led his team to a 4-12 record the first year he was not playing on a rookie contract. Sorry but playing Packers at Lambough in the NFCC game is a bit different that a win over the 1-15 Jaguars.
                        You did not see Tampa work together to get the win in Lambough?
                        That is the bloody job and Brady/Tampa did it exceptionally exactly like Peyton brought the Broncos together for the playoff run in 2015 in spite of deminished tools!

Yes - Deshawn Watson has pretty stats produced when the team was hopelessly behind. Jay too produced a lot of pretty stats, except the most important one. DW could not get the job done after he was paid and you think that we can pay him and trade away our future picks and get better results.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Well in 2017 the Patriots defense ranked 30th on EPA and 31st on DVOA, and they lost the SB!
                          I am a bit puzzled why you compare what Brady has done in the playoffs at age 42 and 43 with a QB that led his team to a 4-12 record the first year he was not playing on a rookie contract. Sorry but playing Packers at Lambough in the NFCC game is a bit different that a win over the 1-15 Jaguars.
                          You did not see Tampa work together to get the win in Lambough?
                          That is the bloody job and Brady/Tampa did it exceptionally exactly like Peyton brought the Broncos together for the playoff run in 2015 in spite of deminished tools!

Yes - Deshawn Watson has pretty stats produced when the team was hopelessly behind. Jay too produced a lot of pretty stats, except the most important one. DW could not get the job done after he was paid and you think that we can pay him and trade away our future picks and get better results.
                          They were 5th in the league in points allowed...come on now. I didn't start bringing old man Brady into the conversation either. That was all you, bud. If want to talk facts though, Brady has an all star offense, and one of the top 10 defenses in the NFL this year. That's why he won in Lambeau. Hell, that's why he went to Tampa in the first place. He knew what he was working with.

If Deshaun Watson was a crappy leader, we'd know about it. JJ Watt wouldn't have his back, either. The Texans probably would've traded him by now if they thought he was part of the problem. Remember all the stuff we heard about Cutty? How long did it take for stuff to come out after he got traded to Chicago? People didn't like the guy.

Comment

• Peyton Manning said in an interview,

I’m a Bronco fan, I’m a Drew Lock fan," Manning told Klis. "Look, last year for anybody who had a new offensive coordinator and a younger quarterback it was going to be challenging.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                              Peyton Manning said in an interview,

I’m a Bronco fan, I’m a Drew Lock fan," Manning told Klis. "Look, last year for anybody who had a new offensive coordinator and a younger quarterback it was going to be challenging.

What else would he say? He got asked about Lock. Someone like Peyton isn't gonna go "Well he's trash."
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

What else would he say? He got asked about Lock. Someone like Peyton isn't gonna go "Well he's trash."
                                Yeah, I just thought it was interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X