• Here is my prediction

"IF" LOCK START for the DB in 2021

1. He won't finish as #1
    2. If he plays the entire season he will have 20+ int
    3. He will miss games due to injury
    4. We will have another top 10 draft pick in 2022
    5. People will continue to make excuses for him
    6. Vic will get fired bc of lock.
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
      Here is my prediction

1. He won't finish as #1

I respect your point of view could easily go this route however I sure hope not.

Comment

Here is my prediction

1. He won't finish as #1
        Even with an extra game Lock won't have over 6 wins

Comment

Here is my prediction

1. He won't finish as #1
          I agree with all of the above except the ints....he knows he has to take care of the ball. I can maybe see 20 total with fumbles included but I doubt it's 20 picks...jmo

Comment

• There is a good chance he flops, but this is what you need to go through sometines when you decide to draft and develop Young QB's.
            We tried to go the Vet route with Keen um and Flacco and that didn't work either.
            (I understand its tough to deal with, in the "Point and click society")

Maybe, (Hopefully) Lock will improve this year?

We will have a good idea by week 5 or 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
              There is a good chance he flops, but this is what you need to go through sometines when you decide to draft and develop Young QB's.
              We tried to go the Vet route with Keen um and Flacco and that didn't work either.
              (I understand its tough to deal with, in the "Point and click society")

Maybe, (Hopefully) Lock will improve this year?

We will have a good idea by week 5 or 6.

That's fine. But, he's had two years on the team and 21 games to prove he's the guy. He hasn't. So, no sense sitting on their hands waiting to find out he's just another Paxton Lynch (blown draft pick) or Trevor Siemean. Get another capable QB or QB candidate in here immediately, and let their performances decide. No sense blowing another year on a guy who hasn't been able to fix his issues, especially since statistically the typical improvement in QBs sits around 2 QBR points, which isn't much. That "hope" thing is for the fan-boys. Time for Elway and company to run the Broncos like an NFL team....

Comment

• Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

That's fine. But, he's had two years on the team and 21 games to prove he's the guy. He hasn't. So, no sense sitting on their hands waiting to find out he's just another Paxton Lynch (blown draft pick) or Trevor Siemean. Get another capable QB or QB candidate in here immediately, and let their performances decide. No sense blowing another year on a guy who hasn't been able to fix his issues, especially since statistically the typical improvement in QBs sits around 2 QBR points, which isn't much. That "hope" thing is for the fan-boys. Time for Elway and company to run the Broncos like an NFL team....
                You're absolutely right! These Fanboys are terrible aren't they? Nothing personal though!

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

You're absolutely right! These Fanboys are terrible aren't they? Nothing personal though!
                  How could it be? I have no dog in the fight. Nice trolling, though. At least it keeps the conversation going.

Dalton Risner was the next Broncos player to publicly show the lack of confidence in Lock. That sure doesn't help Lock. Lock's inability to maintain the team's confidence is hurting the Broncos. Throw that in with the things he needs to correct....
                  Last edited by DiveInstructor; 02-10-2021, 05:07 AM.

Comment

How could it be? I have no dog in the fight. Nice trolling, though. At least it keeps the conversation going.

Dalton Risner was the next Broncos player to publicly show the lack of confidence in Lock. That sure doesn't help Lock. Lock's inability to maintain the team's confidence is hurting the Broncos. Throw that in with the things he needs to correct....
                    Wait a second,, you're talkin about Fanboys and that's not trolling?

You're accusing people of being Fanboys, and now you're accusing people of trolling?
                    What's up with that?

I just know that Drew Lock is our quarterback for now, and it's much as he frustrates the fan base with his immaturity, and his mistakes, he's the starting quarterback of the Broncos until we get somebody better. There's no sense of crying and complaining about Drew Lock, it's a waste of time.

Comment

Calling people 'fan boys' because they have different opinion of a player is not a good faith argument.

The team should be questioning Lock now. He had a really bad year. Call me a fan boy all you want but I think rolling with Lock for one more year is a much better option than mortgaging your future for Watson or picking a QB at #9 'just because.'

Lock has some ability and I'm willing to actually give him a chance in a year that isn't so crazy with Covid. Completely understand that everyone is frustrated because the Broncos have been awful the last 5 years but I'm tired of switching to a new QB every year. If he progresses, we have a young QB to continue to build the young core around. If he doesn't, you probably have a top pick to select a QB in the 2022 draft. I think the scenario where he fails is more likely but not an absolute.

It very well could be another wasted year but let's be real here, the Broncos aren't going to be competing for a Championship in 2021 regardless of what moves we make. I would rather stay the course and continue building on recent draft classes and building a team that's ready to compete long term.
                      Last edited by JW7; 02-10-2021, 05:41 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JW7 View Post

Calling people 'fan boys' because they have different opinion of a player is not a good faith argument.

The team should be questioning Lock now. He had a really bad year. Call me a fan boy all you want but I think rolling with Lock for one more year is a much better option than mortgaging your future for Watson or picking a QB at #9 'just because.'

Lock has some ability and I'm willing to actually give him a chance in a year that isn't so crazy with Covid. Completely understand that everyone is frustrated because the Broncos have been awful the last 5 years but I'm tired of switching to a new QB every year. If he progresses, we have a young QB to continue to build the young core around. If he doesn't, you probably have a top pick to select a QB in the 2022 draft. I think the scenario where he fails is more likely but not an absolute.

It very well could be another wasted year but let's be real here, the Broncos aren't going to be competing for a Championship in 2021 regardless of what moves we make. I would rather stay the course and continue building on recent draft classes and building a team that's ready to compete long term.
                        Drew lock may improve significantly, he may regress, or he may improve slightly from last year. Of all the options however, Drew Lock improving slightly is probably the most likely to happen. We have seen his ability at times so we know it's there, but we have seen the bad things as well. We have a top 10 pick and a QB in place that is good enough to consider bringing back. It sounds like a rare chance to make a win/win move.

Taking a QB this year may be our best and most logical option for a while. Drew Lock at a minimum is a quality backup that we have under a cheap contract for two more years. If he becomes the QB we hoped he would, he is still ours. If we draft a QB and that rookie steps in and takes the job then we are in a great position with a 5 year rookie contract and Lock -at a fraction of most teams QB/backup cost.

The risk/reward of a rookie QB vs Lock is significantly greater than the risk/reward of Lock + a Vet. Not only that but it's financially beneficial to our salary cap. In either situation Drew Lock would still have his chance to win the job.

​​​​​

Comment

• Historically QBs experience sophomore slumps. My thoughts are Lock gets one more shot with a little competition behind him. I doubt we draft a high QB with QB needy teams ahead of us but get a vet. Unless there is a blockbuster trade for a QB like Watson it’s roll with Lock so Paton can evaluate him himself.

Comment

if your going to act like a talent scout at least get your numbers right

lock has started 18 games, played 17.25 since he only played a couple series against pitt before getting hurt

59.1 % completion rate, 3953 yards passing, 23 TDs, 18 INTs in 17 games... in his second offense, no OTAs, limited training camps, lost his best offensive weapon,

give the man a break dude...
                            sigpic
                            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post

lock has started 18 games, played 17.25 since he only played a couple series against pitt before getting hurt

59.1 % completion rate, 3953 yards passing, 23 TDs, 18 INTs in 17 games... in his second offense, no OTAs, limited training camps, lost his best offensive weapon,

standing ovation man .

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post

Excuses are thick for Lock like they were for Orton

Comment

Working...
                                X