Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

    Excuses are thick for Lock like they were for Orton

    to be fair Orton was a seasoned vet when he was a Bronco. Lock has 18 games under his belt.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

      Excuses are thick for Lock like they were for Orton
      Standing ovation man!!!!
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

      Comment


      • Golly Gee ! Heard Peyton praising Lock, said with 2 years 2 OC's no OTA's was he in the best position to succeed? I still believe we need to pay some our veterans and maybe draft Mac as a QB to compete with Lock (Yes I like this guy)..
        Then lets stack some more on defense, O-line , Big Running Back, fill the needs thru the draft.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by colowoz01 View Post
          Golly Gee ! Heard Peyton praising Lock, said with 2 years 2 OC's no OTA's was he in the best position to succeed? I still believe we need to pay some our veterans and maybe draft Mac as a QB to compete with Lock (Yes I like this guy)..
          Then lets stack some more on defense, O-line , Big Running Back, fill the needs thru the draft.
          using the 9th overall on a QB to compete seems liek a ways Mac will go in the first round.
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

          Comment


          • Originally posted by arapaho View Post


            if your going to act like a talent scout at least get your numbers right

            lock has started 18 games, played 17.25 since he only played a couple series against pitt before getting hurt

            59.1 % completion rate, 3953 yards passing, 23 TDs, 18 INTs in 17 games... in his second offense, no OTAs, limited training camps, lost his best offensive weapon,

            give the man a break dude...
            The thing is that stats are generally worthless unless there is context.
            An interception thrown at the end of a game where you need a TD to win and you take a huge risk matters little, whereas an int. at the end of a game where you just need to run out the clock matters a lot. Where Lock looks bad is the constant mistakes that stops us from winning. Orton who is brought up here played really good football most of the time, but he was not able to put the team on his shoulders when we needed one drive one TD.
            It is insane if you look at Brady ex. how many one score wins he has and what his win percentage is in that.
            There is no need to make the coaching excuses. Everyone have had the same OTAs, TC and it hurts rookies more than 2nd year players, and we don't make the same excuses for ex. Tebow who had similar settings without the support of the orgainsation and coaching.
            A huge part of what the QB must bring is a winning attitude that needs to be instilled in everyone. Tom Brady was never a particularily giftet QB and I believe Manning was a better football brain, but there is something special that makes Brady succeed and it is not his stats but how the team around him plays. He seems to be the leader of the team where Manning seemed more to be the leader of the offense.
            Lock needs to step up and lead the team in all aspects.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
              Here is my prediction

              "IF" LOCK START for the DB in 2021

              1. He won't finish as #1
              2. If he plays the entire season he will have 20+ int
              3. He will miss games due to injury
              4. We will have another top 10 draft pick in 2022
              5. People will continue to make excuses for him
              6. Vic will get fired bc of lock.
              to be honest I wouldn't be surprised with a new GM to go a bit into tank mode and run with Lock.
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JW7 View Post

                Calling people 'fan boys' because they have different opinion of a player is not a good faith argument.

                ....
                The guy drops some nonsense on me and only chirps "Lock's gonna be great" crap. He earned it.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by arapaho View Post


                  if your going to act like a talent scout at least get your numbers right

                  lock has started 18 games, played 17.25 since he only played a couple series against pitt before getting hurt

                  59.1 % completion rate, 3953 yards passing, 23 TDs, 18 INTs in 17 games... in his second offense, no OTAs, limited training camps, lost his best offensive weapon,

                  give the man a break dude...
                  Who wants to be a talent scout? Nice strawman.

                  Those few games doesn't make a huge difference. If anything, it shows he might have a glass jaw as well. Bottom of the league QB performance, and a record to match. And, I am cutting him a break. All along, no matter who the Broncos get to compete at QB (if they get anyone), I said let Lock play for the job. That's about as fair as you can get.

                  BTW, all teams and players suffered from the COVID effects on the profession, not just Lock. Plus, he had most of 2019 to study film. He could've learned to read defenses better, even if the O-coordinator changed.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

                    Standing ovation man!!!!
                    I'm so flattered, ty Ear

                    Comment


                    • I've never said the words "Lock is going to be great", people have to learn how to read .
                      I think there's a chance that Lock will be better than he was last year, and as of now Drew Lock is the starter of the Denver Broncos. (Until we get somebody better.)

                      That's all I said that's all I've been saying.

                      Alot of people are whining about Drew Lock.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
                        Those few games doesn't make a huge difference. If anything, it shows he might have a glass jaw as well.
                        His time missed was due to a thumb injury in 2019 and a rib injury in 2020. Both of which caused Drew Brees to miss time in the same seasons.

                        Can’t really say he has a glass jaw.

                        One injury is almost inevitable for a quarterback. The other can be avoided by improving his decision making process and better play by the OL.
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

                          Who wants to be a talent scout? Nice strawman.

                          Those few games doesn't make a huge difference. If anything, it shows he might have a glass jaw as well. Bottom of the league QB performance, and a record to match. And, I am cutting him a break. All along, no matter who the Broncos get to compete at QB (if they get anyone), I said let Lock play for the job. That's about as fair as you can get.

                          BTW, all teams and players suffered from the COVID effects on the profession, not just Lock. Plus, he had most of 2019 to study film. He could've learned to read defenses better, even if the O-coordinator changed.
                          Yes all teams suffered from COVID, however that doesn't mean they all suffered the same or equally. I said before the season started that teams with young QBs and new OCs would struggle more than others. Some bring up Herbert as having to deal with COVID as a rookie, which is true. However, the rest of the Chargers O were vets playing with the same system they've had for years, which is a huge difference. Lock played with a bunch first and second year players who also had to learn a new system and vocabulary without a normal off season.

                          This isn't an excuse for Lock. These are facts. Lock may, or may not improve and we can't simply expect him to improve because of bad circumstances, but expecting a bunch of young players to play at their optimal level in a new system without training camp is having unrealistic expectations. BTW, Lock actually improved his last 6 games, which may or may not be an indicator, but to ignore this improvement is a mistake.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

                            Yes all teams suffered from COVID, however that doesn't mean they all suffered the same or equally. I said before the season started that teams with young QBs and new OCs would struggle more than others. Some bring up Herbert as having to deal with COVID as a rookie, which is true. However, the rest of the Chargers O were vets playing with the same system they've had for years, which is a huge difference. Lock played with a bunch first and second year players who also had to learn a new system and vocabulary without a normal off season.

                            This isn't an excuse for Lock. These are facts. Lock may, or may not improve and we can't simply expect him to improve because of bad circumstances, but expecting a bunch of young players to play at their optimal level in a new system without training camp is having unrealistic expectations. BTW, Lock actually improved his last 6 games, which may or may not be an indicator, but to ignore this improvement is a mistake.
                            I'd take those differences into account if I witnessed solid improvement by him as the year progressed. But he appeared to have the same problems at the end of the year as he did not only at the beginning of the year but also in the games he played in 2019. The amount of improvement he did show was not only inconsistent but also reflected the average stats of typical QB improvement from first year QBs. Considering where he started at, that improvement puts him at the back of the pack.

                            Comment


                            • Broncos "dumb down" the playbook for Lock???

                              https://www.milehighreport.com/2021/...back-drew-lock

                              This is one guy and his "sources" but it kind of goes hand in hand with Patons actions so far. In office for a week and he tried to trade for Stafford so I have to believe there is absolutely some love lost for last year's starting QB in Denver

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                                Broncos "dumb down" the playbook for Lock???

                                https://www.milehighreport.com/2021/...back-drew-lock

                                This is one guy and his "sources" but it kind of goes hand in hand with Patons actions so far. In office for a week and he tried to trade for Stafford so I have to believe there is absolutely some love lost for last year's starting QB in Denver
                                I'm curious what QBs (and several other positions) coming out of college simply drop into the NFL without a learning curve? I'm suspect very, very few.

                                The "system" for maturing football players so they can one day play in the NFL is absolute garbage. The college game is independent from the pro game. What the NFL needs is a true minor league system that is available to players coming out of high school to grow them into true NFL pros. However, that won't happen, as long as colleges can make money off of taking advantage of the college players. College football is just a money maker for the school and the staff, and certainly not the players.

                                So, pretty much with most rookie QBs (and again, other positions too), an NFL team had better be prepared to nurse them along during their learning process if they want to win soon and also grow them into franchise players. Lock may not have the skills to be a good/franchise QB. But, that's not a given. The "system" (aka environment) he was provided to grow him into the best he can be was absolute crap. The Broncos really didn't help him the best they could. So, we may never know how good he could've been.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X