Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Interesting take on Drew Lock and other options - time links do not work so it is from 2:48

    Many options out there with higher cieling than Lock
    Last edited by BroncoFanDK; 02-15-2021, 10:17 PM.

    Comment


    • The rumor mill is that the Broncos are out of the Carson Wentz talk. So, I guess that's good news, if your name is Drew Lock.

      Unless we pick up somebody that can beat out Lock, I guess we'll be having him as our starter again next season?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
        The rumor mill is that the Broncos are out of the Carson Wentz talk. So, I guess that's good news, if your name is Drew Lock.

        Unless we pick up somebody that can beat out Lock, I guess we'll be having him as our starter again next season?

        Yeah, good news for the Broncos not to risk that big on a guy who ended up tanking. I guess we can look forward to an improvement to 6-10 or maybe even 7-9 with Lock. I'm excited!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Assassin27 View Post

          I agree put your young QB in a a position to succeed. I think Shurmur needs to go IMO
          I have been calling for the firing of Pat now since he was even hired to be the OC. I knew it was a BAD HIRE and it is still Today.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
            The rumor mill is that the Broncos are out of the Carson Wentz talk. So, I guess that's good news, if your name is Drew Lock.

            Unless we pick up somebody that can beat out Lock, I guess we'll be having him as our starter again next season?

            Not sure "beating out" Lock has to happen (not that it would be a bad thing) but to at least create some good competition at QB that would be positive and help Lock to focus and improve his skills and to better understand and properly react with what's happening in front of him once the ball is snapped.
            Utah Bronco Freak

            Comment


            • ThaAsianPA:

              "Plenty of blame, but Paton is only looking to replace Lock, not Jeudy or Fant."
              Unless you're part of Paton's inner circle, your statement is mere speculation.
              Plus, I never stated Paton is looking to replace Jeudy, Fant, or any player for that matter.

              "If Lock remains the starter, its because no deals could get done for what Paton believes is an actual upgrade to position."
              It won't surprise me if Paton wants to upgrade every position, not just QB.
              I would wisely do so.


              My "quote" feature isn't working, but I still wanted to respond to your post.

              Comment


              • Will all this talk about the Broncos going after and looking for another qb....

                Makes me so excited.....I wish lock luck with his next team. But for lock,, like my boy say "It don't look good" lol
                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

                  Not sure "beating out" Lock has to happen (not that it would be a bad thing) but to at least create some good competition at QB that would be positive and help Lock to focus and improve his skills and to better understand and properly react with what's happening in front of him once the ball is snapped.
                  I wouldn't mind Mariotta coming here.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

                    Yeah, good news for the Broncos not to risk that big on a guy who ended up tanking. I guess we can look forward to an improvement to 6-10 or maybe even 7-9 with Lock. I'm excited!
                    Ha Ha....You are going to eat so much crow.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

                      Ha Ha....You are going to eat so much crow.
                      Not a prob. I've grown to like it over the years!

                      Comment


                      • Well, Lock dodged another bullet now that Wentz is going to Indy.
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                        Comment


                        • i sit here and still remained baffled at the drew lock hate...some saying he's proven to be a bust, he cant play, yada yada yada

                          what i see is a young qb with all the physical tools you could want in a qb

                          a qb who missed the majority of 2020 training camp after being injured, missed 2020 preseason, couldnt practice with the team at all season untill week 11, then finished the season 4-1 as a starter, who then

                          had to learn his second offensive scheme,with no spring camps, no ota's, no player contact, and then starting on the leagues youngest offense...in a new scheme, and losing his #1 wr in week two, playing a 2020 back up wr as his #1 and two rookies as his #2 and #3,

                          a offense that the oldest most experienced skill player was RB melvin gordon in his 6th year! and dotson on the line in his 12th...a oline that had only bolles and risner that played together, center, RG and Rt all new to the team

                          patrick 3rd
                          jeudy rook
                          hamler rook
                          hamilton 3rd
                          cleveland rook
                          fant 2nd
                          fumigala 3rd
                          bolles, 4th
                          risner 2nd
                          cush rook
                          glascow 5th
                          muti rook
                          albert o ROOK
                          dotson 12th
                          lock 2nd

                          and then you have what was obvious throughout the season a scheme that really wasnt the greatest in playcalling, in playing to locks strengths and creativity, 1st down run up the gut, secnd down run, 3rd down long pass...not until late in the season did he finnally start getting creative in the run game and short passing game to get the qb going....some call it dumbing down the offense...i call it putting a young offense in a position to move the ball

                          and desite that...Lock who has only 18 games played in, 17 he finished...think about it he has for all intents and purposes finished his rookie campaign as a starting qb

                          17 games, 3953 passing yards, 23 tds, 18 ints

                          if we land watson great!! if we get a quality vet to push and help lock...great

                          but can we just let the quy play at least 2 seasons of games before calling him a bust

                          it just reminds me of elways first couple seasons...fans calling him a bust after being benched as a rookie...nobody willing to let the guy grow and learn
                          sigpic
                          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                            i sit here and still remained baffled at the drew lock hate...some saying he's proven to be a bust, he cant play, yada yada yada

                            what i see is a young qb with all the physical tools you could want in a qb

                            a qb who missed the majority of 2020 training camp after being injured, missed 2020 preseason, couldnt practice with the team at all season untill week 11, then finished the season 4-1 as a starter, who then

                            had to learn his second offensive scheme,with no spring camps, no ota's, no player contact, and then starting on the leagues youngest offense...in a new scheme, and losing his #1 wr in week two, playing a 2020 back up wr as his #1 and two rookies as his #2 and #3,

                            a offense that the oldest most experienced skill player was RB melvin gordon in his 6th year! and dotson on the line in his 12th...a oline that had only bolles and risner that played together, center, RG and Rt all new to the team

                            patrick 3rd
                            jeudy rook
                            hamler rook
                            hamilton 3rd
                            cleveland rook
                            fant 2nd
                            fumigala 3rd
                            bolles, 4th
                            risner 2nd
                            cush rook
                            glascow 5th
                            muti rook
                            albert o ROOK
                            dotson 12th
                            lock 2nd

                            and then you have what was obvious throughout the season a scheme that really wasnt the greatest in playcalling, in playing to locks strengths and creativity, 1st down run up the gut, secnd down run, 3rd down long pass...not until late in the season did he finnally start getting creative in the run game and short passing game to get the qb going....some call it dumbing down the offense...i call it putting a young offense in a position to move the ball

                            and desite that...Lock who has only 18 games played in, 17 he finished...think about it he has for all intents and purposes finished his rookie campaign as a starting qb

                            17 games, 3953 passing yards, 23 tds, 18 ints

                            if we land watson great!! if we get a quality vet to push and help lock...great

                            but can we just let the quy play at least 2 seasons of games before calling him a bust

                            it just reminds me of elways first couple seasons...fans calling him a bust after being benched as a rookie...nobody willing to let the guy grow and learn
                            "A freaking Men"...........But wait, you're about to get some hate on this.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

                              Not a prob. I've grown to like it over the years!
                              I've had to eat some crow but not too much. I like to stay on the debate fence because I'm ignorant (or don't care that much about the topic) and I've witnessed so many times here the very risky statements that are a coin flip. Or, are obviously highly improbable that I'm embarrassed for them because they are very likely to be munching on crow for a long time and many fans here don't forget laughable and lame opinions and they will rub them in your face at every opportunity.

                              I've found a little seasoning and a large ice cold beer or even 3 fingers of good whiskey on ice helps the feathers to go down much better.

                              And, one of my favorite sayings are from Mark Twain: "There are lies, damn lies, and then there's statistics." So many here use statistics to PROVE their opinion / argument which many times are wrong, incomplete or confusingly convoluted and lame.
                              Utah Bronco Freak

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                                i sit here and still remained baffled at the drew lock hate...some saying he's proven to be a bust, he cant play, yada yada yada

                                what i see is a young qb with all the physical tools you could want in a qb

                                a qb who missed the majority of 2020 training camp after being injured, missed 2020 preseason, couldnt practice with the team at all season untill week 11, then finished the season 4-1 as a starter, who then

                                had to learn his second offensive scheme,with no spring camps, no ota's, no player contact, and then starting on the leagues youngest offense...in a new scheme, and losing his #1 wr in week two, playing a 2020 back up wr as his #1 and two rookies as his #2 and #3,

                                a offense that the oldest most experienced skill player was RB melvin gordon in his 6th year! and dotson on the line in his 12th...a oline that had only bolles and risner that played together, center, RG and Rt all new to the team

                                patrick 3rd
                                jeudy rook
                                hamler rook
                                hamilton 3rd
                                cleveland rook
                                fant 2nd
                                fumigala 3rd
                                bolles, 4th
                                risner 2nd
                                cush rook
                                glascow 5th
                                muti rook
                                albert o ROOK
                                dotson 12th
                                lock 2nd

                                and then you have what was obvious throughout the season a scheme that really wasnt the greatest in playcalling, in playing to locks strengths and creativity, 1st down run up the gut, secnd down run, 3rd down long pass...not until late in the season did he finnally start getting creative in the run game and short passing game to get the qb going....some call it dumbing down the offense...i call it putting a young offense in a position to move the ball

                                and desite that...Lock who has only 18 games played in, 17 he finished...think about it he has for all intents and purposes finished his rookie campaign as a starting qb

                                17 games, 3953 passing yards, 23 tds, 18 ints

                                if we land watson great!! if we get a quality vet to push and help lock...great

                                but can we just let the quy play at least 2 seasons of games before calling him a bust

                                it just reminds me of elways first couple seasons...fans calling him a bust after being benched as a rookie...nobody willing to let the guy grow and learn

                                dude , now why did you go and do that ........making sense and all lol. Great post !

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X