Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JvDub95

    Why do we need to cut offensive players? By letting Bouye go we already added 10+ mil back to the bank. I could be wrong but what we already had in the bank with that 10 mil we have enough right now to add DW's contract

    We do not. We will not.
    That guy literally has no clue what he is talking about. He does not want us to make the move for Watson, which is fine. There are pros and cons to doing so. However, making up a bunch of **** like we are all children who will believe anything anyone says, LOLOLOLOL. Nah.
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Hadez View Post

      Everyone judges QBs by Wins and Losses that is true.

      Winning and losing is about lot more than the QB. The Broncos won SB50 with some of the worst QB play I have seen on a winning team.

      Trent Dilfer NEVER played like a SB winning QB .... yet he has a ring.

      How many QBs have won NFL MVP and the Super Bowl in the same year?

      Great qb play does not mean a team wins. Bad QB play does not mean a team losses.
      What other measure than team success do you want to discuss when talking about what to do for the team?
      We can talk all we want about Dilfer - but his job was to put them over the top when the team needed it, and he did that.
      That was also the way Brady played the first 3 SBs.
      You don't look to the QB when RBs, and defense are producing, but the job is to put the team on his back and win games that would otherwise be lost.
      The only reason to pursue ex. DW is that you expect to win enough to be a SB contender, and if you spend 25% of cap he has to deliver. No one has ever delivered whiile consuming that much cap space.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

        Yes - sorry I missed the one year where they went from 9 wins with Osweiler to 4 with Watson, and matched Osweilers results by the 3rd year. BTW they did NOT make it to the AFC final but lost to KC in the divisional round.

        Isn't it marvelous that the most important player on a poorly performing NFL team shares no blame, and it is all the others that are at fault?
        A Watson lead offense without a top WR (and the top WR he had only played half the year), no viable TE and the leagues 31st ranked rushing offense still produced 24 PPG. Defense was at or near the bottom in every major category ..just saying

        Comment


        • So, what I am reading is that Drew Lock is totally responsible for the Broncos being so bad, But D. Watson is not at all responsible for the Texans being bad?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

            What other measure than team success do you want to discuss when talking about what to do for the team?
            We can talk all we want about Dilfer - but his job was to put them over the top when the team needed it, and he did that.
            That was also the way Brady played the first 3 SBs.
            You don't look to the QB when RBs, and defense are producing, but the job is to put the team on his back and win games that would otherwise be lost.
            The only reason to pursue ex. DW is that you expect to win enough to be a SB contender, and if you spend 25% of cap he has to deliver. No one has ever delivered whiile consuming that much cap space.
            When are you going to admit that Houston is messed up, and had one of the worst rushing games and Defenses??? How do you not recognize that?? And this after you let a HoFamer WR go? And changed HCs after 4 games???

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

              You are correct, I've been quoting the wrong finish in '19. That was the divisional game. Regardless, they won their WC game and scored loads of points in KC.

              But who ever said he did not share in the team record?? Seriously, we're just trying to make a very strong case for why he is one of the best young QBs in The NFL. How many QBs come into the league and have such positive results?? You can not deny his stats.....and if you tell me that his '20 stats were a significant part of their poor record I'd say you are not being fair. 112.4 rate...while his rushers were lousy, and his D was terrible. But wait, he should run more, and maybe play some D as well.
              He is one of the top 10 QBs in the NFL, but the cap space and the picks are so excessive that the rest of the team cannot do their job.
              It is not about his stats - it is about the team!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Hadez View Post

                I have changed my mind from your original poll and would be interested in getting Watson under the right deal. He is a good young QB.

                Problem is as of now the Houston GM has no interest in trading him so all this is just a lot of fun talk during a traditionally slow NFL news time. Yea some NFL talkers will stoke the fire because there is no other NFL news but for all reality purposes Watson is on the trade block only in his mind at the moment.

                Maybe a team can try and make an eye opening offer to the Texans but if they do not participate in the discussion what is really being gained in trade talks....nothing.


                It is looking almost assuredly that he will be traded. To the Broncos- eh, who knows. Id love it, but likely will not happen. Him being traded though sure seems like it is going to happen.
                So far:
                FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                  So, what I am reading is that Drew Lock is totally responsible for the Broncos being so bad, But D. Watson is not at all responsible for the Texans being bad?
                  I think you understand it 100%!
                  If we should trade for Watson and have a 4-12 season, then Watson will not be responsible, but the coaches, defense, fans, weather, altitude, Kitchen sink.... will be responsible

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

                    He is one of the top 10 QBs in the NFL, but the cap space and the picks are so excessive that the rest of the team cannot do their job.
                    It is not about his stats - it is about the team!


                    Tell us why the team cannot do their job because he is here. Explain in detail.
                    So far:
                    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

                      I think you understand it 100%!
                      If we should trade for Watson and have a 4-12 season, then Watson will not be responsible, but the coaches, defense, fans, weather, altitude, Kitchen sink.... will be responsible
                      More hyperbole and conjecture.

                      If we should trade for Watson and have a 12-4 season, then Watson will not be responsible, but the coaches, defense, fans, weather, altitude, kitchen sink.... will be responsible
                      So far:
                      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                      Comment


                      • The Texans got rid of Hopkins and didn't help, but Sutton got hurt on the Broncos and that wasn't good either. The Broncos D didn't hold a lead a few times and that was bad, and the
                        Texans defense is
                        ​​bad.
                        People complain about the Broncos coaches and front office, and people complain about the Texans coaches and front office.
                        Things seem kinda familiar????



                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                          The Texans got rid of Hopkins and didn't help, but Sutton got hurt on the Broncos and that wasn't good either. The Broncos D didn't hold a lead a few times and that was bad, and the
                          Texans defense is
                          ​​bad.
                          People complain about the Broncos coaches and front office, and people complain about the Texans coaches and front office.
                          Things seem kinda familiar????




                          Theyre not too dissimilar are they.

                          Biggest differences are a few:

                          1. QB- They have a top 5, even top 3 QB in the Entire NFL. We do not.
                          2. We have a much more talented roster on ALL sides of the ball. They do not.
                          3. The texans are a sinking ship, players want out, former players are calling the team out, QB coaches are calling the team out. They are a mess.
                          4. We are a QB away from the playoffs. A Top 5 QB like Watson from being able to go deep into the playoffs.
                          5. We have a lot of cap space and are in a good position for the future

                          Good post, isnt it funny how fans are always the same it seems?
                          So far:
                          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                            So, what I am reading is that Drew Lock is totally responsible for the Broncos being so bad, But D. Watson is not at all responsible for the Texans being bad?
                            I can't speak for everyone but I have never laid complete blame on anyone. Lock, imo, does take most of the responsibility in Denver for all of the turnovers and absolutely terrible decisions he made for most of the season. The line was not perfect but far from the worst in the league. Our defense should take a lot of blame too but it's hard to get too mad at them when they are on the field as much as they were. Going 3 and out or turning it over sometimes back to back is so hard on a defense.

                            Watson is almost the complete opposite. Even without top offensive weapons he still only threw 7 ints. His defense couldn't get stops or stop teams from scoring. He was asked to match score for score with mediocre talent around him. On a sense, he was asked to bring a knife to a gun fight. Both teams struggled with poor coaching so I'm not using that for one side or the other

                            Comment


                            • I think without question,​​​​​​ Watson is a Star QB. I think we would improve day one with Watson!

                              BUT, with the price tag, and his contract, I Still think him coming to Denver is a Pipe dream!!!!




                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                                I think without question,​​​​​​ Watson is a Star QB. I think we would improve day one with Watson!

                                BUT, with the price tag, and his contract, I Still think him coming to Denver is a Pipe dream!!!!



                                I think a lot of us are feeling the same way. His contract does not matter. That is a straw man people use to wish against him. The rest does though. Its a long shot for sure.
                                So far:
                                FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                                1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X