Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

When are you going to admit that Houston is messed up, and had one of the worst rushing games and Defenses??? How do you not recognize that?? And this after you let a HoFamer WR go? And changed HCs after 4 games???
    He not be he think Watson is supposed to play d end, linebacker and cb, and safety and call the plays. He will is say stupid stuff like frfr.
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

It is looking almost assuredly that he will be traded. To the Broncos- eh, who knows. Id love it, but likely will not happen. Him being traded though sure seems like it is going to happen.
      Until someone shows me one quote from the Texas GM and/or Owner that Watson is being traded it is just as likely Watson gets traded as Mahomes does.

I get the leverage Watson has...but in reality the Texans can just say if Watson wants to sit at home forever he rights will remain with Houston.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
        The Texans got rid of Hopkins and didn't help, but Sutton got hurt on the Broncos and that wasn't good either. The Broncos D didn't hold a lead a few times and that was bad, and the
        Texans defense is
        ​​bad.
        People complain about the Broncos coaches and front office, and people complain about the Texans coaches and front office.
        Things seem kinda familiar????

Please don't even try to put Sutton in the same category as Hopkins you are delusional.....

Yes lock take more of the blame he lead the in INts,.....and had like 13 straight games with a TO....so yes it is on he a lot more bc he kept putting the def back on the field...
        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

What other measure than team success do you want to discuss when talking about what to do for the team?
          We can talk all we want about Dilfer - but his job was to put them over the top when the team needed it, and he did that.
          That was also the way Brady played the first 3 SBs.
          You don't look to the QB when RBs, and defense are producing, but the job is to put the team on his back and win games that would otherwise be lost.
          The only reason to pursue ex. DW is that you expect to win enough to be a SB contender, and if you spend 25% of cap he has to deliver. No one has ever delivered whiile consuming that much cap space.

Eli Manning and Joe Montana have the same amount of wins...so I guess they are equal in terms of best QB.

Oh you mean win percentage maybe....ok Jim McMahon has a better win percentage ( 0.691 ) than Wilson, Big Ben, Rodgers, Steve Young, Elway and Dan Marino so obviously when building a team one would pick McMahon over all of those QBs right?

Anyone who tries to judge a QB based solely on wins is not even trying to understand the details involved in the team getting those wins
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

It is looking almost assuredly that he will be traded. To the Broncos- eh, who knows. Id love it, but likely will not happen. Him being traded though sure seems like it is going to happen.
            I agree.....there is so much smoke, never mind the fire, I can hardly breathe!!!! It is clear to me that Watson has played his last down with Houston, no matter what happens in '21.

Comment

Denver's history speaks to having been successful with QBs acquired outside of the draft.

Frank Tripucka started as a coach for the Broncos.

Denver traded two first round picks ('68 & '69) to the Chargers for Steve Tensi who may be the reason Mile High Stadium stopped selling beer in bottles, and which may have cost Lou Saban his job due to a 10-21-1 record with Tensi at QB.

Can't remember exactly how Charley Johnson was acquired; it was trade or free agency.

Craig Morton and John Elway were trades.

Brian Griese was drafted by Denver and had a couple of slightly better than .500 seasons in which he missed at least one start due to injury. Not that successful.

Jake Plummer was a free agent.

Jay Cutler was drafted by Mike Shanahan and kind of went out with him. He played on non-winning teams. Hard to say what could have been. He had some success in Chicago.

Tim Tebow (#25 in 2010) is one of four QBs Denver drafted in the first round (the others being Tommy Maddox #25 in 1992, Jay Cutler #11 in 2006 and Paxton Lynch #26 in 2016) Tim started three games in 2010 and was 1-2. He started eleven regular season games in 2011 (7-4) and two playoff games (1-1) He was 9-7 as a starter for the Broncos including playoffs. In his two years in Denver he started sixteen games, the equivalent of a full sixteen game season. He was traded to the NY Jets when Denver signed Peyton Manning and was out of the league after 2012. He is reminiscent of Bobby Anderson (#11 in 1970) who was a dual threat QB at CU and played RB in the NFL.

Peyton Manning was an expensive UFA worth every penny. When he was available, it was Elway's job to get him and so he did.

Doubt if anyone outside of Dove Valley has a viable clue about Drew Lock's ability to become a good starting career QB in Denver. If that somehow happened, he would be the first QB drafted by the Broncos to enjoy success. If Denver acquires Deshaun Watson, we'll never know.

As in the case of Peyton Manning if Denver can acquire Deshaun Watson, they must do so. Question is what would it take? The talk of multiple first round picks makes one think of Steve Tensi. Other than that, the two situations are dissimilar. Tensi was a backup to John Hadl while Deshaun Watson is an established All-Pro. George Paton is experienced enough to compete in the event Houston and Watson agree to part ways. If that happens, Watson may be able to dictate where he will and won't be willing to go. That could influence the price tag which will be steep for acquisition as well as taking on his huge contract. That alone could end Von Miller's career in Denver.
              Last edited by samparnell; 02-21-2021, 05:40 PM.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I agree.....there is so much smoke, never mind the fire, I can hardly breathe!!!! It is clear to me that Watson has played his last down with Houston, no matter what happens in '21.
                Depending on the choice the Texans make if Watson does not play another down for the Texans than he may not ever play in the NFL again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Depending on the choice the Texans make if Watson does not play another down for the Texans than he may not ever play in the NFL again.
                  Though I can not believe he will never play again, The Texans should really do what makes sense and get a good deal for him while the market is hot.

Comment

Though I can not believe he will never play again, The Texans should really do what makes sense and get a good deal for him while the market is hot.
                    Everyone seems to completely understand why the team they root for should do crazy extreme things to get Watson

No one seems to be considering maybe the Texans feel the same way

Comment

• Thread cleaned. Please keep the personal out of it.

Thanks.
                      Administrator
                      sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Everyone seems to completely understand why the team they root for should do crazy extreme things to get Watson

No one seems to be considering maybe the Texans feel the same way
                        But if I hear you right, what have they done to do crazy things to keep him? They ticked him off last year, and they do not seem to care for his opinion. That does not sound like a team trying to keep their star young QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                          Thread cleaned. Please keep the personal out of it.

Thanks.
                          In case anyone missed it.

There was also a post about getting back on topic.
                          Administrator
                          sigpic

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

But if I hear you right, what have they done to do crazy things to keep him? They ticked him off last year, and they do not seem to care for his opinion. That does not sound like a team trying to keep their star young QB.
                            They have him under contract...they do not need to do anything else.

Texans have said they do not want to trade Watson. At this point if Watson does not play his NFL career is over.

Get the media and fans LOVE the Qb right now but on the real the Texans can do to Watson what the Steelers did to Bell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post

In case anyone missed it.

There was also a post about getting back on topic.
                              Sorry will do. Thought the goal was to get this to 5k responses...my bad.

Comment

Sorry will do. Thought the goal was to get this to 5k responses...my bad.

You all can still do that. Just talk about how much you love Lock or how much you hate Lock. Or how great of a dancer he is.
                                Administrator
                                sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

Working...
                                X