Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

They have him under contract...they do not need to do anything else.

Texans have said they do not want to trade Watson. At this point if Watson does not play his NFL career is over.

Get the media and fans LOVE the Qb right now but on the real the Texans can do to Watson what the Steelers did to Bell.
    Disagree about him never playing again, that is a bit extreme. Yes you are correct the texans don't have to do anything but that would be very stubborn, stupid and incompetent.

They will not get any free agents to come there, they will have no draft picks to replace watson and they will continue to anger the fan base....yes they could do all that but why in the hell would they not want to to move on to rebuild the team?

Makes absolutely no sense for the texans to just sit there doing nothing out of spite...watson will play again, just not for them.

It would be like they would basically be saying we gonna throw this year in the toilet just so you don't get your way
    Last edited by BroncosFanInPA; 02-21-2021, 01:11 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I agree.....there is so much smoke, never mind the fire, I can hardly breathe!!!! It is clear to me that Watson has played his last down with Houston, no matter what happens in '21.
      Yep. It's clear to me as well, Watson has played his last down with Houston, no matter what happens in '21. The Texans are going to wait as long as possible and for the best deal. Why wouldn't they? Watson can / will park his butt on the bench and watch the Texans continue to implode and enjoy his millions of $$$ in his bank account until management says "OK, enough is enough."

And, once again, I don't believe DW plays one down with the Broncos.
      Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Though I can not believe he will never play again, The Texans should really do what makes sense and get a good deal for him while the market is hot.
        He will play and smart ones know this.
        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• I like that Drew Lock has some fun, smiling and dancing a bit while playing.
          Maybe he should tone it down a bit until he becomes more successful and matures at his position.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
            So, what I am reading is that Drew Lock is totally responsible for the Broncos being so bad, But D. Watson is not at all responsible for the Texans being bad?
            Not at all. Everyone has a hand in the team outcome to an extent, right? Watson put up elite efficiency and kept the offense functioning while the defense was absolutely abysmal (I mean I purposely picked up players in fantasy football who were going up against the Texans defense every week). And on the other hand, Lock had the worst on-target % and ranked near the bottom of the league in most passing statistics (while having just a little above-average time to throw). If you watched any Broncos games this past year, you would know that the defense was the only reason we were ever competitive in most games. A little nuance will help you understand your question a little bit better.

Not even Dak Prescott, who was on historic pace to breaking NFL passing records before he got injured, could overcome how bad of a team the Cowboys were this year.

2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
            Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
              Originally posted by Peanut View Post
              Thread cleaned. Please keep the personal out of it.

Thanks.
              In case anyone missed it.

There was also a post about getting back on topic.
              Thread cleaned again.

I'm trying to be nice here, but please don't ignore a mod's directive. If I have to get your attention in other ways, you will not be happy. One way is to shut this thread down.

Up to you all.
              Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

You all can still do that. Just talk about how much you love Lock or how much you hate Lock. Or how great of a dancer he is.
                Ah yea his dancing and rapping

He is pretty fly for a white guy
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Denver's history speaks to having been successful with QBs acquired outside of the draft.

Frank Tripucka started as a coach for the Broncos.

Denver traded two first round picks ('68 & '69) to the Chargers for Steve Tensi who may be the reason Mile High Stadium stopped selling beer in bottles, and which may have cost Lou Saban his job due to a 10-21-1 record with Tensi at QB.

Can't remember exactly how Charley Johnson was acquired; it was trade or free agency.

Craig Morton and John Elway were trades.

Brian Griese was drafted by Denver and had a couple of slightly better than .500 seasons in which he missed at least one start due to injury. Not that successful.

Jake Plummer was a free agent.

Jay Cutler was drafted by Mike Shanahan and kind of went out with him. He played on non-winning teams. Hard to say what could have been. He had some success in Chicago.

Peyton Manning was an expensive UFA worth every penny. When he was available, it was Elway's job to get him and so he did.

Doubt if anyone outside of Dove Valley has a viable clue about Drew Lock's ability to become a good starting QB. If that somehow happened, he would be the first QB drafted by the Broncos to enjoy success. If Denver acquires Deshaun Watson, we'll never know.

As in the case of Peyton Manning if Denver can acquire Deshaun Watson, they must do so. Question is what would it take? The talk of multiple first round picks makes one think of Steve Tensi. Other than that, the two situations are dissimilar. Tensi was a backup to John Hadl while Deshaun Watson is an established All-Pro. George Paton is experienced enough to compete in the event Houston and Watson agree to part ways. If that happens, Watson may be able to dictate where he will and won't be willing to go. That could influence the price tag which will be steep for acquisition as well as taking on his huge contract. That alone could end Von Miller's career in Denver.
                  The only QB drafted by Broncos to have some succees in Denver is not mentioned.
                  On the case of acquiring Watson, there is no must about anything. The FO will have to stake their careers on making the team succesful through draft, FA and trades. Not a single time in NFL history can I find an example where a mediocre team give up the money and picks that a DW deal seems to require, and become succesful.

What the history above show is that the most success we have had in QBs have been with QBs that had maturity, were obsessively competitive on the field - some off the field as well, and who had an ability to lift the whole team when it mattered. I did not see Morton, but Elway, Plummer, Tebow left everything on the field every time - good or bad. Manning dominated on and off the field by bacically getting out ahead and staying there, but when he needed the team to carry the main load he was still the one that made the things work and gave confidence.

Comment

• Before I digress off-topic again, Watson only counts for $10.54 million against the cap in 2021. Of course, it skyrockets to $35 million in 2022, but that’s perfect for us because the likes of Miller, KJax, Gordon, etc. would be free agents then (provided we exercise the first 2 players’ options).

Anyways, I think Lock showed some growth in the last 6 games and I’m confident that he will be better in 2021. How much better is unknown, but never in history has a QB with Lock’s statistical profile ever made a leap to become a top 10 QB in the NFL. I think he can break into the 16-20 tier of NFL QBs, though. Is that good enough for Broncos Country? We’ll see. A lot is going to ride on his pre-snap processing and decision-making, as well as his accuracy. I think the mental aspect is going to see more growth now that he has a whole season’s worth of film in Shurmur’s offense to study, plus he’s staying in Denver this offseason so maybe he’ll set up sessions with his teammates.

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                      Not at all. Everyone has a hand in the team outcome to an extent, right? Watson put up elite efficiency and kept the offense functioning while the defense was absolutely abysmal (I mean I purposely picked up players in fantasy football who were going up against the Texans defense every week). And on the other hand, Lock had the worst on-target % and ranked near the bottom of the league in most passing statistics (while having just a little above-average time to throw). If you watched any Broncos games this past year, you would know that the defense was the only reason we were ever competitive in most games. A little nuance will help you understand your question a little bit better.

Not even Dak Prescott, who was on historic pace to breaking NFL passing records before he got injured, could overcome how bad of a team the Cowboys were this year.
                      Yeah, I've watched every single Broncos game since 1996.
                      (Thanks to Sunday ticket)

Have not missed one game, every single game since 1996!!!!!

Last year there was plenty of times, I Was completely disgusted watching Drew Lock.
                      Then other times I saw some good stuff also.

But, I mainly watch it for fun and entertainment.
                      Not all the X"s and O's of the whole thing.

Last edited by Capt. Jack; 02-21-2021, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

Yeah, I've watched every single Broncos game since 1996.
                        (Thanks to Sunday ticket)

Have not missed one game, every single game since 1996!!!!!

Last year there was plenty of times, I Was completely disgusted watching Drew Lock.
                        Then other times I saw some good stuff also.

That’s some loyalty for sure . I think those last couple of sentences wrap up the Drew Lock experience perfectly. If Lock is the guy going forward, let’s all hope it’s more of that good stuff and much, much less disgust.

Comment

Thread cleaned. Please keep the personal out of it.

Thanks.
                          I feel like I am a part of this. If so, sorry for extra work you had to do.
                          I have always been a fan of you Peanut.
                          So far:
                          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Depending on the choice the Texans make if Watson does not play another down for the Texans than he may not ever play in the NFL again.
                            It is an option. Not one to be overlooked. It is of my opinion that is the least likely of all the options to actually occur.
                            So far:

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

I feel like I am a part of this. If so, sorry for extra work you had to do.
                              I have always been a fan of you Peanut.
                              No problem.
                              Thanks. I appreciate you.
                              Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Not a single time in NFL history can I find an example where a mediocre team give up the money and picks that a DW deal seems to require, and become succesful.

Id presume because never in the history of the NFL has a QB (still not even in his prime yet) but an Elite top 5 NFL QB ever become available (possibly) for trade. Id imagine that is why you have never seen anything like it before.

Which is also why many are so hopeful that is actually comes to fruition. When you get the chance to get an Elway, Mahomes, Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzsky, young and proven top notch. You go throw your name in the hat.
                                So far:

Comment

Working...
                                X