Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

It is an option. Not one to be overlooked. It is of my opinion that is the least likely of all the options to actually occur.
    No one really knows how serious Watson is.

If the Texans call him on his demand and do not trade him then it is up to him to play for the Texans or not.

Assuming Watson is serious he can decide to not show up and play. If he is really serious ... and gets good advice....Watson will show up in time to get credit for 2021 in his contract.

This is not totally out of the realm of happening....see Pitt and Bell.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

The only QB drafted by Broncos to have some succees in Denver is not mentioned.
      On the case of acquiring Watson, there is no must about anything. The FO will have to stake their careers on making the team succesful through draft, FA and trades. Not a single time in NFL history can I find an example where a mediocre team give up the money and picks that a DW deal seems to require, and become succesful.

What the history above show is that the most success we have had in QBs have been with QBs that had maturity, were obsessively competitive on the field - some off the field as well, and who had an ability to lift the whole team when it mattered. I did not see Morton, but Elway, Plummer, Tebow left everything on the field every time - good or bad. Manning dominated on and off the field by bacically getting out ahead and staying there, but when he needed the team to carry the main load he was still the one that made the things work and gave confidence.
      Sorry. Forgot about Tim. Will add.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

No one really knows how serious Watson is.

If the Texans call him on his demand and do not trade him then it is up to him to play for the Texans or not.

Assuming Watson is serious he can decide to not show up and play. If he is really serious ... and gets good advice....Watson will show up in time to get credit for 2021 in his contract.

This is not totally out of the realm of happening....see Pitt and Bell.

Its not. The texans do not have any 1st or 2nd round picks.
        They need help everywhere.
        They have a QB who refuses to play for them.
        He is going to be a headache and problems for them moving forward.
        They will get the most value trading him this year then later.
        Free agents are not going to want to go to the texans knowing they are a sinking ship.
        Theyre going to be bad for a while unless they can unload him for a nice haul- which he will get them.

OR

they make him sit. He sits. They get worse and have a huge cap hit for a player not contributing. Get less value for trading him later. And more and more distractions along the way.

All can happen. I still think that last one is the least likely to occur. If I was to bet, he never plays a down for the texans again. That is where the money is at. It carries the most weight right now too. HOpefully that means he plays here for us too, imo. But he is gone. That relationship is done. Its severed and not coming back.
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Drew Lock could potentially be a stud.

It won’t hurt my feelings if he gets another season to prove he can perform at a high level.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Its not. The texans do not have any 1st or 2nd round picks.
            They need help everywhere.
            They have a QB who refuses to play for them.
            He is going to be a headache and problems for them moving forward.
            They will get the most value trading him this year then later.
            Free agents are not going to want to go to the texans knowing they are a sinking ship.
            Theyre going to be bad for a while unless they can unload him for a nice haul- which he will get them.

OR

they make him sit. He sits. They get worse and have a huge cap hit for a player not contributing. Get less value for trading him later. And more and more distractions along the way.

All can happen. I still think that last one is the least likely to occur. If I was to bet, he never plays a down for the texans again. That is where the money is at. It carries the most weight right now too. HOpefully that means he plays here for us too, imo. But he is gone. That relationship is done. Its severed and not coming back.
            No doubt ....Watson never plays another down in Houston.

If I'm the Texans I am anxiously plotting out the best deal possible...soon. I want to prepare for FA, The Draft and have a solid plan for who is my long term starting QB. Might be a high draft pick that gets it done, or maybe a trade. But there are a lot of wheels in motion, and believe me, the last thing going on (even if the talk sounds calm and composed) is calm and composed. They should be in full out strategy mode, and even into preliminary negotiation mindset....at least. This deal should be done within 3-4 weeks, right around the new NFL year, and FA.

Comment

• If Drew Lock stays, I hope he figures out how to not throw interceptions while also not being too conservative.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                If Drew Lock stays, I hope he figures out how to not throw interceptions while also not being too conservative.
                Amen to that!!

Comment

If Drew Lock stays, I hope he figures out how to not throw interceptions while also not being too conservative.
                  That's actually quite a lot....

Comment

Drew Lock could potentially be a stud.

It won’t hurt my feelings if he gets another season to prove he can perform at a high level.
                    Me either. But it also wouldn’t hurt my feelings if the chance for him to prove it came in a Texans uniform.
                    Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

Me either. But it also wouldn’t hurt my feelings if the chance for him to prove it came in a Texans uniform.
                      Amen to that too!
                      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Id presume because never in the history of the NFL has a QB (still not even in his prime yet) but an Elite top 5 NFL QB ever become available (possibly) for trade. Id imagine that is why you have never seen anything like it before.

Which is also why many are so hopeful that is actually comes to fruition. When you get the chance to get an Elway, Mahomes, Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzsky, young and proven top notch. You go throw your name in the hat.
                        You think Watson is equivalent to Elway, Mahomes, Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzsky?

Comment

• I am looking forward to Drew Lock improving this season, and throwing lots of TD's to Sutton and Jeudy!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

You think Watson is equivalent to Elway, Mahomes, Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzsky?
                            You clearly missed the point. I now understand why you say the things you do.

Lets simplify

A top 5/top 3 player in the entire league, BEFORE entering his prime, has never come available, to my knowledge. It just usually does not happen. I think that is why youve not been able to find anything like it before in NFL history.

Now to the players I listed, they were/are top 5/top 3 players at their position when they played. I think Watson statistically actually outplayed mahomes. I think I read that the other day. So anyone playing on mahomes level is why I put them in the list of top players becoming available like a mohomes.
                            So far:
                            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Give Drew Lock a chance to make you do a happy dance.
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• The last thing I remember from the Broncos season last year, was that great pass from Drew Lock to Jerry Jeudy! I thought we won the game! I was so disappointed when the Raiders came back, and got the touchdown and the two-point conversion.
                                The defense couldn't make the stop when we needed it most, what a bummer.

Comment

Working...
                                X