Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post

It’s very refreshing to see proper contextual evidence and relevant stats being used here. Don’t get too rational on them now, beast!
    Right be he still gonna come back with some totally useless points.....its a select 4 or 5 of them....its ok they can continue to think they sound good lol..

Watson for Broncos QB.
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• It's funny lock is still on the Broncos and should have never been drafted here lol.....I remember that day he was drafted I turned the draft off and didn't watch anymore....I knew we would be looking for yet another qb and here we are.
      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Some posts are rational...and some give me a rash.

Boy ain't that the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
          It's funny lock is still on the Broncos and should have never been drafted here lol.....I remember that day he was drafted I turned the draft off and didn't watch anymore....I knew we would be looking for yet another qb and here we are.
          See I disagree here. I think/hope lock can come around with a little consistency. I was happy we took him in the 2nd (I did not want him in the 1st)- so that draft of Fant, Risner, Lock was very happy for me.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut when you can get a DW- you do it unless you have Mahomes and maybe 1 or 2 others. Thats it. There should be 28 or so teams interested in trading for him.
          So far:
          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
            It's funny, Watson isn't even on the Denver Broncos, and probably will never be.
            But Watson is seemingly available and we currently have a big need at QB with no easy way to improve the position. Lock can turn it around, I do believe that, but Watson is already a franchise QB and would take us farther with some variation of this roster than Lock would.

By keeping Lock we run the very real risk of being good enough to not secure a top pick for a top QB but not good enough to get anywhere we want to be. He very well could be the next Stafford where you only get 2 playoff appearances in 11 years. Would you rather be stuck in a perpetual loop of mediocrity for the next decade or would you rather be a perennial playoff team? Watson gives us the best chance for success.

Comment

• It would be great if we could pick up a Star Quarterback like Watson. It sounds like Miami, Carolina, has a chance to be able to get him? (IF HE WERE ACTUALLY AVAILABLE) The people in Houston say he's not available for trade. And so we might as well be talking about any other quarterback in the league that may or may not be available. Drew Lock is actually our quarterback Right now, and he's a pretty talented kid! When you commit to developing a Young quarterback you have to kind of take the good and the bad, and have a lot of patience.
              (You could go to a Broncos football game and think the cheerleaders are pretty, that doesn't mean that they're going to date you. And if you actually think that they're going to date you, there's a good chance you will probably be disappointed.) I don't think that we're going to get Watson, so, I don't think it's really a matter of discussion in a Drew Lock thread?????
              Last edited by Capt. Jack; 02-22-2021, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Lock did outplay Watson in that one game, I didn’t say he didn’t. Lock isn’t a better QB than Watson though and win percentages don’t prove that because that’s a team stat not a QB stat. Besides you’re only looking at Watson from this past season and disregarding his 3 previous seasons in which he was never below .500 and led 8 4th quarter comebacks, 10 game winning drives, and only lost 5 games out of 41 by more than a score compared to Lock’s 4 out of 18. Not to mention the yardage, the TDs, his TD to INT ratio. Even if you look at this 4-12 season, they were 2 bad snaps and a WR fumbling at the 2 yard line from being 7-9. Throw in the 2 Titans games where the defense couldn’t stop them from tying and forcing OT and couldn’t stop them on the only drive in OT or the other game where Watson tied it up with 22 seconds left and the Titans managed to get in FG range in 18 seconds and this could have easily been a 9-7 team. That’s 5 games where the guys around him made a critical mistake to cost them the game in key situations.

If you take the W/L record out of it and break down every single pass, their footwork, their mechanics, their decision making, their presnap reads, their post snap reads, their ability to improvise, how quickly they process information, etc, it’s clear that Watson is a top 5 QB at the least. Judging Watson off this one season is like judging Randy Moss from his time in Oakland, you could still see the talent, the team around them just couldn’t maximize that talent. Don’t like the QB to WR comparison, then it’d be like judging Brees off his 3 consecutive losing seasons in New Orleans, the talent was still there, just the team around him wasn’t good enough to pull their weight.
                There is no doubt that Watson is a very talented QB, with a much better projection than Lock. Judging a QB is not the same as judging a WR. A WR rarely touches the ball 10% of the times that a QB does. The situation with Watson - both for the 3 previous seasons and this, is that his fans all agree that the reason that he did not succeed was that his WRs were depleted, and that there is a range of other "expleanations".

Watson has the 2nd highest contract in the NFL and he will also cost a bundle of draft picks, and that makes the situation worse than what caused Brees to have multiple loosing seasons after Saints made him the highest paid player in the NFL. You just cannot pay a crippling amount of money for DW and picks. Whoever does that will struggle - maybe have a year where you make it to the playoffs, maybe even win a game. The negative is that you do not win multiple playoff games with a team with major holes, and there is no way of acquiring DW while keeping the building blocks around. The salary in 2022 and beyond is just at a level where no QB being paid in the top 5 has has won the sb for decades.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                  It would be great if we could pick up a Star Quarterback like Watson. It sounds like Miami, Carolina, has a chance to be able to get him? (IF HE WERE ACTUALLY AVAILABLE) The people in Houston say he's not available for trade. And so we might as well be talking about any other quarterback in the league that may or may not be available. Drew Lock is actually our quarterback Right now, and he's a pretty talented kid! When you commit to developing a Young quarterback you have to kind of take the good and the bad, and have a lot of patience.
                  (You could go to a Broncos football game and think the cheerleaders are pretty, that doesn't mean that they're going to date you. And if you actually think that they're going to date you, there's a good chance you will probably be disappointed.) I don't think that we're going to get Watson, so, I don't think it's really a matter of discussion in a Drew Lock thread?????
                  The thing with Drew is that he need coaching in the same manner that Plummer got in 2004-05, where suddenly he became a lot more effective because he an Kubes spend a lot of time cutting down mistakes. I believe that Siemian was a better QB than Lock, but he did not have the physical skills to be more than mediocre. Lock does - I just don't know if he has the maturity, brains and the heart to succeed.

I hope that we do not get Watson, as he will not benefit the team as much as he will damage it through cap space and draft capital.

Comment

• I want to stick with Drew Lock. Keep the rebuild going. Continue to draft and develop our drafted QB's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Right be he still gonna come back with some totally useless points.....its a select 4 or 5 of them....its ok they can continue to think they sound good lol..

Watson for Broncos QB.

LOL yep and you were right. I love it when he said these beauties:

1. We are going to DECIMATE our team by trading for watson

2. All of the QBs the last 25 years have won the SB on their rookie contract. That is the formula.
                      So far:
                      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Lock did outplay Watson in that one game, I didn’t say he didn’t. Lock isn’t a better QB than Watson though and win percentages don’t prove that because that’s a team stat not a QB stat. Besides you’re only looking at Watson from this past season and disregarding his 3 previous seasons in which he was never below .500 and led 8 4th quarter comebacks, 10 game winning drives, and only lost 5 games out of 41 by more than a score compared to Lock’s 4 out of 18. Not to mention the yardage, the TDs, his TD to INT ratio. Even if you look at this 4-12 season, they were 2 bad snaps and a WR fumbling at the 2 yard line from being 7-9. Throw in the 2 Titans games where the defense couldn’t stop them from tying and forcing OT and couldn’t stop them on the only drive in OT or the other game where Watson tied it up with 22 seconds left and the Titans managed to get in FG range in 18 seconds and this could have easily been a 9-7 team. That’s 5 games where the guys around him made a critical mistake to cost them the game in key situations.

If you take the W/L record out of it and break down every single pass, their footwork, their mechanics, their decision making, their presnap reads, their post snap reads, their ability to improvise, how quickly they process information, etc, it’s clear that Watson is a top 5 QB at the least. Judging Watson off this one season is like judging Randy Moss from his time in Oakland, you could still see the talent, the team around them just couldn’t maximize that talent. Don’t like the QB to WR comparison, then it’d be like judging Brees off his 3 consecutive losing seasons in New Orleans, the talent was still there, just the team around him wasn’t good enough to pull their weight.

good response. i dont think anybody here is saying Lock is better then Watson. I think the Watson talk is gonna be done real soon .

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

See I disagree here. I think/hope lock can come around with a little consistency. I was happy we took him in the 2nd (I did not want him in the 1st)- so that draft of Fant, Risner, Lock was very happy for me.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut when you can get a DW- you do it unless you have Mahomes and maybe 1 or 2 others. Thats it. There should be 28 or so teams interested in trading for him.
                          Spot on post ! Can't agree more

Comment

2. All of the QBs the last 25 years have won the SB on their rookie contract. That is the formula.
                            Man I stopped even engaging with him. No matter how you slice you will eventually HAVE to pay a qb even if we stay with lock.....I'd rather pay Watson than lock.

Comment

thats a lie, you telling me Manning or Brady was on a rookie contract? not to mention elway brees. there are at least 6 or 7 times a qb won it.
                              Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 02-22-2021, 05:40 PM.
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm
                              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• I don't feel bad for Lock with all the trade talk. Its a business and if they can upgrade the position, that's the way it goes.
                                If he's the starter again next season, then he will have another great chance to prove his worth.
                                He is a talented kid with a lot of skills.
                                I think he will play in the NFL for awhile, I think he's better then Paxton Lynch, Brock and a few others we've had.

Comment

Working...
                                X