Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

The thing with Drew is that he need coaching in the same manner that Plummer got in 2004-05, where suddenly he became a lot more effective because he an Kubes spend a lot of time cutting down mistakes. I believe that Siemian was a better QB than Lock, but he did not have the physical skills to be more than mediocre. Lock does - I just don't know if he has the maturity, brains and the heart to succeed.

I hope that we do not get Watson, as he will not benefit the team as much as he will damage it through cap space and draft capital.
    Plummer was better in every aspect compared to Lock including high school and college ball. The ceilings much higher when it came to Jake.
    Last edited by rst08tierney; 02-22-2021, 05:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

thats a lie, you telling me Manning or Brady was on a rookie contract? not to mention elway brees. there are at least 6 or 7 times a qb won it.
      I know!

Thats what that guy posted. All of it is a lie. I am not the one that thinks this just to be clear.
      So far:
      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

I know!

Thats what that guy posted. All of it is a lie. I am not the one that thinks this just to be clear.
        i just hate when people throw out stats that are wrong and bad to try prove a point.
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

There is no doubt that Watson is a very talented QB, with a much better projection than Lock. Judging a QB is not the same as judging a WR. A WR rarely touches the ball 10% of the times that a QB does. The situation with Watson - both for the 3 previous seasons and this, is that his fans all agree that the reason that he did not succeed was that his WRs were depleted, and that there is a range of other "expleanations".

Watson has the 2nd highest contract in the NFL and he will also cost a bundle of draft picks, and that makes the situation worse than what caused Brees to have multiple loosing seasons after Saints made him the highest paid player in the NFL. You just cannot pay a crippling amount of money for DW and picks. Whoever does that will struggle - maybe have a year where you make it to the playoffs, maybe even win a game. The negative is that you do not win multiple playoff games with a team with major holes, and there is no way of acquiring DW while keeping the building blocks around. The salary in 2022 and beyond is just at a level where no QB being paid in the top 5 has has won the sb for decades.
          If we trade for Watson his cap hits are as follows:
          2021 - 10.5 mil
          2022 - 35 mil
          2023 - 37 mil
          2024 - 32 mil
          2025 - 32 mil

Those are not cap crippling numbers especially once the cap gets back to the rate at which it was rising. Even the minimum for 2021 has already been raised to 180 mil. Those are the reasonable going rates for elite QBs and by the time those big money years come around, he’ll likely fall out of the top 5 for highest paid. And who do we really have to pay during that time frame that’s going to be expensive? Simmons, but his contract will be this year in Watson’s low year. Sutton will probably be an expensive contract if he comes back strong off his injury, but it’s also when Miller’s contract is off the books. Chubb would likely be apart of the trade for Watson so we don’t really have to worry about that unless Houston settles on Malik Reed. Maybe Fant, but I’d argue that AOK can likely step into his spot seamlessly with a QB like Watson. Risner, but that’s a big if given his up and down 2nd season. Dremont Jones could get pricey but Kollar gets production out of anyone on the dline.

Will the draft picks hurt? Maybe, maybe not. They’re just lottery tickets. And until we get a good QB those lotto tickets are less likely to pan out. Even then, how many first and second round picks have been good for us? Now compare that to the later rounds and I drafted guys. You can do this for the entirety of the Broncos existence, or you can just look at our current roster, the answer is the same. Even if those picks pan out, and for the sake of argument I’ll say every single pick pans out, how much will it really matter if they aren’t a QB? It won’t, we will still be a team hovering around the line of mediocrity until we pull the trigger on a QB. 3 years worth of 1st and 2nd round picks is not worth more than a decade of elite QB play and even then the Texans likely won’t get 3 years worth of 1st and 2nd round picks.

Comment

• For some clarity and possibly a little hope, maybe a little despair, maybe both:

FIRST 18 GAMES

Drew Lock 59.1% 3,953 yds 6.6 avg 23 TD 18 INT 24 sacks

Josh Allen 55.55% 3,243 yds 6.33 avg 20 TD 14 INT 44 sacks

D. Watson 65.95% 4,143 yds 8.25 avg 37 TD 12 INT 63 sacks

So, it appears that Lock has had a better first 18 than Allen, and much worse than Watson. Some things to consider are the continuity that both Allen and Watson had as far as coordinators and systems, Watson had Deandre Hopkins, and neither Allen nor Watson had a pandemic shortened off-season or training camp to deal with, nor did either of them lose their #1 wideout 7 games into their first 18.

Just food for thought.
            All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

• Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
              For some clarity and possibly a little hope, maybe a little despair, maybe both:

FIRST 18 GAMES

Drew Lock 59.1% 3,953 yds 6.6 avg 23 TD 18 INT 24 sacks

Josh Allen 55.55% 3,243 yds 6.33 avg 20 TD 14 INT 44 sacks

D. Watson 65.95% 4,143 yds 8.25 avg 37 TD 12 INT 63 sacks

So, it appears that Lock has had a better first 18 than Allen, and much worse than Watson. Some things to consider are the continuity that both Allen and Watson had as far as coordinators and systems, Watson had Deandre Hopkins, and neither Allen nor Watson had a pandemic shortened off-season or training camp to deal with, nor did either of them lose their #1 wideout 7 games into their first 18.

Just food for thought.
              Smh.....when comparing the QBs please put up ALL stats not just passing includ rushing and rushing tds bc that too is very important

By the stats you picked makes lock look very close to to Allen but that's not true Allen would have like 800 yards and additional 10+ tds to those stats.. Adding those make a big difference bc Allen legs is a big part of his game too.
              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

If we trade for Watson his cap hits are as follows:
                2021 - 10.5 mil
                2022 - 35 mil
                2023 - 37 mil
                2024 - 32 mil
                2025 - 32 mil

Those are not cap crippling numbers especially once the cap gets back to the rate at which it was rising. Even the minimum for 2021 has already been raised to 180 mil. Those are the reasonable going rates for elite QBs and by the time those big money years come around, he’ll likely fall out of the top 5 for highest paid. And who do we really have to pay during that time frame that’s going to be expensive? Simmons, but his contract will be this year in Watson’s low year. Sutton will probably be an expensive contract if he comes back strong off his injury, but it’s also when Miller’s contract is off the books. Chubb would likely be apart of the trade for Watson so we don’t really have to worry about that unless Houston settles on Malik Reed. Maybe Fant, but I’d argue that AOK can likely step into his spot seamlessly with a QB like Watson. Risner, but that’s a big if given his up and down 2nd season. Dremont Jones could get pricey but Kollar gets production out of anyone on the dline.

Will the draft picks hurt? Maybe, maybe not. They’re just lottery tickets. And until we get a good QB those lotto tickets are less likely to pan out. Even then, how many first and second round picks have been good for us? Now compare that to the later rounds and I drafted guys. You can do this for the entirety of the Broncos existence, or you can just look at our current roster, the answer is the same. Even if those picks pan out, and for the sake of argument I’ll say every single pick pans out, how much will it really matter if they aren’t a QB? It won’t, we will still be a team hovering around the line of mediocrity until we pull the trigger on a QB. 3 years worth of 1st and 2nd round picks is not worth more than a decade of elite QB play and even then the Texans likely won’t get 3 years worth of 1st and 2nd round picks.
                These are the cap numbers for the SB winning QBs over the last decades

Percentage of Salary Cap taken up by Super Bowl winning QBs
                1994 Young 13.10%
                1995 Aikman 6.70%
                1996 Favre 10.20%
                1997 Elway 5.20%
                1998 Elway 5.00%
                1999 Warner 1.30%
                2000 Dilfer 1.60%
                2001 Brady 0.47%
                2002 Johnson 9.60%
                2003 Brady 4.40%
                2004 Brady 6.30%
                2005 Roethlisberger 4.90%
                2006 P. Manning 10.40%
                2007 E. Manning 9.20%
                2008 Roethlisberger 6.80%
                2009 Brees 8.30%
                2011 E. Manning 11.70%
                2012 Flacco 6.60%
                2013 Wilson 0.56%
                2014 Brady 10.64%
                2015 P. Manning 11.66%
                2016 Brady 8.62%
                2017 Foles 0.91%
                2018 Brady 12.21%

If we assume that CAP will be 200mill in 2022, then Watson would consume 17½% of cap and we would not have picks to compensate through the draft.
                It is an absurd argument that DW on that salary and with the loss of picks has us anywhere near SB winning status. Sure we might win some games but that is not what the Broncos are about!
                The ones with the big contracts have not made it to the SB

Comment

• Hopefully Midway through the season, there will be fans in the stands at Mile High, And Drew Lock will be playing well, and there will be a bunch of people wearing Drew Lock # 3 Broncos jerseys!!!!

Comment

• Hopefully Paton knows we need a better qb and goes after Watson with everything he got.
                    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Smh.....when comparing the QBs please put up ALL stats not just passing includ rushing and rushing tds bc that too is very important

By the stats you picked makes lock look very close to to Allen but that's not true Allen would have like 800 yards and additional 10+ tds to those stats.. Adding those make a big difference bc Allen legs is a big part of his game too.
                      Do your own work bro, I put up what I wanted to, I don't work for you. SMH.
                      All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

These are the cap numbers for the SB winning QBs over the last decades

Percentage of Salary Cap taken up by Super Bowl winning QBs
                        1994 Young 13.10%
                        1995 Aikman 6.70%
                        1996 Favre 10.20%
                        1997 Elway 5.20%
                        1998 Elway 5.00%
                        1999 Warner 1.30%
                        2000 Dilfer 1.60%
                        2001 Brady 0.47%
                        2002 Johnson 9.60%
                        2003 Brady 4.40%
                        2004 Brady 6.30%
                        2005 Roethlisberger 4.90%
                        2006 P. Manning 10.40%
                        2007 E. Manning 9.20%
                        2008 Roethlisberger 6.80%
                        2009 Brees 8.30%
                        2011 E. Manning 11.70%
                        2012 Flacco 6.60%
                        2013 Wilson 0.56%
                        2014 Brady 10.64%
                        2015 P. Manning 11.66%
                        2016 Brady 8.62%
                        2017 Foles 0.91%
                        2018 Brady 12.21%

If we assume that CAP will be 200mill in 2022, then Watson would consume 17½% of cap and we would not have picks to compensate through the draft.
                        It is an absurd argument that DW on that salary and with the loss of picks has us anywhere near SB winning status. Sure we might win some games but that is not what the Broncos are about!
                        The ones with the big contracts have not made it to the SB
                        I get this argument. But salaries are what they are and sooner or later the big money quarterbacks are going to start winning Super Bowls. Kermit will probably be the first.
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Drew Lock for President!!!
                          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• It's so nice to have a quarterback like Drew Lock, not demanding to be traded just because we're trying to trade him. So far, He's a not being a big baby, like some of the other QB's have been in the past.
                            It wouldn't be good to get a quarterback that would be a complete disruption, and demand to be traded, because he doesn't like what his boss, and the people that are
                            paying his paychecks are doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                              Hopefully Midway through the season, there will be fans in the stands at Mile High, And Drew Lock will be playing well, and there will be a bunch of people wearing Drew Lock # 3 Broncos jerseys!!!!

Frankly, I would rather have us find a gem at QB like Russell Wilson that comes in and just takes everyone by storm - whether it is in the first round or later.
                              I have a hard time seeing Lock being more than mediocre, but I hope that we are not stupid enough to go after Deshaun Watson and just enjoy seing others make that deal - please Raiders - make the deal!

Comment

• What I know is this, Drew Lock is the starting quarterback of the Denver Broncos at this time. And for the most part, I always try to support the starting quarterback for the Denver Broncos.
                                Until we get a new starting quarterback, I'm not going to cry, and complain and get all hysterical, about what the people that are in charge are doing.
                                I trust they will do the best they can for the Broncos organization.

We might as well talk about, hypothetically, getting Patrick Mahomes, we may as well talk about any other starting quarterback that's not available at this time. I'm not really sure how productive it is to be talking about a quarterback that's not really on the trading block at this time.

For now,,,, GO DREW LOCK !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X