Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    What I know is this, Drew Lock is the starting quarterback of the Denver Broncos at this time. And for the most part, I always try to support the starting quarterback for the Denver Broncos.
    Until we get a new starting quarterback, I'm not going to cry, and complain and get all hysterical, about what the people that are in charge are doing.
    I trust they will do the best they can for the Broncos organization.

We might as well talk about, hypothetically, getting Patrick Mahomes, we may as well talk about any other starting quarterback that's not available at this time. I'm not really sure how productive it is to be talking about a quarterback that's not really on the trading block at this time.

For now,,,, GO DREW LOCK !!!

Hey Capt.

I respect your opinion. I was a Lock fan, and now I am one spewing out hope for Watson, because I see it as a possible turning point in this team's fortunes. But I can see how this thread is not always the best place to talk about a new QB, when we don't have one. Then again, that's the nature of this board...multiple threads that overlap to some level, and folks coming in from here, there and everywhere seeing something and responding to it without overly assessing the topic. It's natural.

But you are correct, Lock's the starter as of this moment, so the gist of our posts should revolve around him, even if not the most positive ones.

Comment

What I know is this, Drew Lock is the starting quarterback of the Denver Broncos at this time. And for the most part, I always try to support the starting quarterback for the Denver Broncos.
      Until we get a new starting quarterback, I'm not going to cry, and complain and get all hysterical, about what the people that are in charge are doing.
      I trust they will do the best they can for the Broncos organization.

We might as well talk about, hypothetically, getting Patrick Mahomes, we may as well talk about any other starting quarterback that's not available at this time. I'm not really sure how productive it is to be talking about a quarterback that's not really on the trading block at this time.

For now,,,, GO DREW LOCK !!!

Agreed - it is more positive to talk about what Lock needs to do to get better.
      I would have liked to hear stories about Lock working out with ex. Tom House, or about his off season program for getting better. This should be the time where we hear those things. Are there any stories out there that tells how Lock plans on getting better?

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Hey Capt.

I respect your opinion. I was a Lock fan, and now I am one spewing out hope for Watson, because I see it as a possible turning point in this team's fortunes. But I can see how this thread is not always the best place to talk about a new QB, when we don't have one. Then again, that's the nature of this board...multiple threads that overlap to some level, and folks coming in from here, there and everywhere seeing something and responding to it without overly assessing the topic. It's natural.

But you are correct, Lock's the starter as of this moment, so the gist of our posts should revolve around him, even if not the most positive ones.
        Right now, I think the Texans are trying to drive up the price by saying that "Watson is not available". And the last thing you want to do, is buy something when it's a hot commodity, and get ripped off. If we could get him for a reasonable deal that would be one thing, but to be held hostage and to give up something crazy like five #1 picks is nuts. I don't think that would be a good thing. (Possibly 3 picks Max)
        I am not necessarily a Drew lock fan, I really don't like that he's a big Kansas City Chiefs fan, and I'm not sure about the kid. There was times this past season, where I was yelling at the TV saying, "they should bench that punk-*** kid."
        ​​​​​​There's nothing more I would like to see then to get a superstar quarterback like Watson, but it would have to be at the right price, and not completely mortgage the future on one player that, could possibly turn on the organization like a rabid dog, if he doesn't get his own way, and doesn't like what's going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Agreed - it is more positive to talk about what Lock needs to do to get better.
          I would have liked to hear stories about Lock working out with ex. Tom House, or about his off season program for getting better. This should be the time where we hear those things. Are there any stories out there that tells how Lock plans on getting better?
          I think Drew lock has actually matured a bit this offseason. With all the talk of getting a new quarterback in Denver, it must be hard on the kid. To get to this point, to be in the NFL, and actually be a starter in the NFL, he has to have some Talent.

They don't just pick people off the street, to play quarterback in the NFL.

Comment

Right now, I think the Texans are trying to drive up the price by saying that "Watson is not available". And the last thing you want to do, is buy something when it's a hot commodity, and get ripped off. If we could get him for a reasonable deal that would be one thing, but to be held hostage and to give up something crazy like five #1 picks is nuts. I don't think that would be a good thing. (Possibly 3 picks Max)
            I am not necessarily a Drew lock fan, I really don't like that he's a big Kansas City Chiefs fan, and I'm not sure about the kid. There was times this past season, where I was yelling at the TV saying, "they should bench that punk-*** kid."
            ​​​​​​There's nothing more I would like to see then to get a superstar quarterback like Watson, but it would have to be at the right price, and not completely mortgage the future on one player that, could possibly turn on the organization like a rabid dog, if he doesn't get his own way, and doesn't like what's going on.
            Keep that open mind....it's a wise path in life.

Comment

Lock statistically outplayed Watson in Houston!
              QB vs QB stat...yes....but pretty much a meaningless stat. It doesn't equate to anything "relative / important" to either team, IMO.

Some stats.....
              Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

QB vs QB stat...yes....but pretty much a meaningless stat. It doesn't equate to anything "relative / important" to either team, IMO.

Some stats.....
                I understand what you're saying, bottom line is the Broncos and Drew Lock smoked the Texans and Watson in Houston.
                And, I always think it's relevant when the Broncos win and it's kinda important to me.
                And when our quarterback out plays the other team's quarterback, I always kinda like that also.

Drew Lock 1-0 against Watson as of today. ( I like that.)

Comment

These are the cap numbers for the SB winning QBs over the last decades

Percentage of Salary Cap taken up by Super Bowl winning QBs
                  1994 Young 13.10%
                  1995 Aikman 6.70%
                  1996 Favre 10.20%
                  1997 Elway 5.20%
                  1998 Elway 5.00%
                  1999 Warner 1.30%
                  2000 Dilfer 1.60%
                  2001 Brady 0.47%
                  2002 Johnson 9.60%
                  2003 Brady 4.40%
                  2004 Brady 6.30%
                  2005 Roethlisberger 4.90%
                  2006 P. Manning 10.40%
                  2007 E. Manning 9.20%
                  2008 Roethlisberger 6.80%
                  2009 Brees 8.30%
                  2011 E. Manning 11.70%
                  2012 Flacco 6.60%
                  2013 Wilson 0.56%
                  2014 Brady 10.64%
                  2015 P. Manning 11.66%
                  2016 Brady 8.62%
                  2017 Foles 0.91%
                  2018 Brady 12.21%

If we assume that CAP will be 200mill in 2022, then Watson would consume 17½% of cap and we would not have picks to compensate through the draft.
                  It is an absurd argument that DW on that salary and with the loss of picks has us anywhere near SB winning status. Sure we might win some games but that is not what the Broncos are about!
                  The ones with the big contracts have not made it to the SB
                  This is just like the myth that you don’t win Super Bowls paying big money to WRs or RBs. And you’re 200 mil projection for 2022 is likely on the real low end. The NFL added 2 extra teams to the playoffs, next year will be a 17 game season. Their tv deals are about to shoot through the roof which is why overthecap is still projecting the 2022 salary cap to be 225 mil. Even if it doesn’t, that’s the high year of his deal and it coincides with when we start getting those draft picks back. And again like I said, we don’t have a ton of big money guys and the guys we do have all have question marks that will likely keep them from setting the market.

Getting to the playoffs is the first step, once you’re in, anything can happen regardless of what percentage of the salary cap someone is taking.

Comment

I understand what you're saying, bottom line is the Broncos and Drew Lock smoked the Texans and Watson in Houston.
                    And, I always think it's relevant when the Broncos win and it's kinda important to me.
                    And when our quarterback out plays the other team's quarterback, I always kinda like that also.

Drew Lock 1-0 against Watson as of today. ( I like that.)
                    I get what you're saying too Capt. And anything positive regarding the Broncos is worth recognizing....especially in these low moments in Bronco history.

As everyone knows, it always requires a "TEAM" to win or lose a game, 22 players and a coaching staff, one play at a time.
                    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post

Do your own work bro, I put up what I wanted to, I don't work for you. SMH.
                      Don't need to do my own work bro....I know what it is....just a weak way of trying to make lock look close to Allen that's all it's cool. Continue to do you.
                      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

I get what you're saying too Capt. And anything positive regarding the Broncos is worth recognizing....especially in these low moments in Bronco history.

As everyone knows, it always requires a "TEAM" to win or lose a game, 22 players and a coaching staff, one play at a time.
                        I'm right there with you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Don't need to do my own work bro....I know what it is....just a weak way of trying to make lock look close to Allen that's all it's cool. Continue to do you.
                          Not related to your comment, but been listening to various sports news, and the Broncos are favored by Vegas to get Watson. Also, if they don't because the Texans don't release him, the Broncos can still have a shot next season, maybe with more cap space. Just in case you haven't heard that stuff....

Comment

I think Drew lock has actually matured a bit this offseason. With all the talk of getting a new quarterback in Denver, it must be hard on the kid. To get to this point, to be in the NFL, and actually be a starter in the NFL, he has to have some Talent.

They don't just pick people off the street, to play quarterback in the NFL.
                            No offcause Lock is supremely talented, as is every QB that is drafted and some that are not. It is a tough business when the best of the best stay around spanning 2-3 decades.
                            It is not about whether Lock has skills, it is about if he is good enough to have success long term in a league that spits out great talent and make them look bad. Take a Brady Quinn - people were very high on him and then he pretty much looked like Lock. We are not looking for a 5-7 win QB but someone that can take us all the way.

Comment

No offcause Lock is supremely talented, as is every QB that is drafted and some that are not. It is a tough business when the best of the best stay around spanning 2-3 decades.
                              It is not about whether Lock has skills, it is about if he is good enough to have success long term in a league that spits out great talent and make them look bad. Take a Brady Quinn - people were very high on him and then he pretty much looked like Lock. We are not looking for a 5-7 win QB but someone that can take us all the way.

I thought Quinn would have done better in the NFL, and I thought Mark Sanchez was good at USC.

It's kind of a make-or-break year for Lock.

I want him to succeed, but he could flop. I think he would make a decent backup as well, if he can't be a starter.

Comment

I thought Quinn would have done better in the NFL, and I thought Mark Sanchez was good at USC.

It's kind of a make-or-break year for Lock.

I want him to succeed, but he could flop. I think he would make a decent backup as well, if he can't be a starter.
                                Believe it or not that was actually a good post by the guy you quoted.

As for your quote I agree. I think he will make a good starter. His progresssion is just slower. Drew said something to the effect that this year- he was still trying to memorize the offense and routes and did not have the timing down on all of the routes because he still had not mastered it. Because of this he was not real good at reading the defenses. He said this offseason with the first time in his career that he is having the same coordinator, he will now be able to focus in on learning the defenses and how to read them. So he expects to make a really big leap this year. I understand that and I do not question his heart so I think he can.
                                (I still want watson, but I expect Drew to come back next year looking much improved)
                                So far:
                                FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                                1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Working...
                                X