Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

This is just like the myth that you don’t win Super Bowls paying big money to WRs or RBs. And you’re 200 mil projection for 2022 is likely on the real low end. The NFL added 2 extra teams to the playoffs, next year will be a 17 game season. Their tv deals are about to shoot through the roof which is why overthecap is still projecting the 2022 salary cap to be 225 mil. Even if it doesn’t, that’s the high year of his deal and it coincides with when we start getting those draft picks back. And again like I said, we don’t have a ton of big money guys and the guys we do have all have question marks that will likely keep them from setting the market.

Getting to the playoffs is the first step, once you’re in, anything can happen regardless of what percentage of the salary cap someone is taking.
    You do know what MYTH means - don't you?
    Historical fact is not myth - you might not think it is a precusor, but then you are convinced that if we just get that 4-12 QB, then we are going to be winners, in spite of draft capital, money for FAs and for a QB that has a history of wanting out if things are tough.

Hopefully we don't sell the Broncos future for someone that brings worse results, a divided locker room, and will hamstring the organisation for many years. Broncos has historically been a great organisation - lets hope they are not making deals that you expect from teams that don't traditionally have success.

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

Believe it or not that was actually a good post by the guy you quoted.

As for your quote I agree. I think he will make a good starter. His progresssion is just slower. Drew said something to the effect that this year- he was still trying to memorize the offense and routes and did not have the timing down on all of the routes because he still had not mastered it. Because of this he was not real good at reading the defenses. He said this offseason with the first time in his career that he is having the same coordinator, he will now be able to focus in on learning the defenses and how to read them. So he expects to make a really big leap this year. I understand that and I do not question his heart so I think he can.
      (I still want watson, but I expect Drew to come back next year looking much improved)
      I remember the days on this message board when we could all disagree on stuff, but still be civil to each other. (most of the time.)
      I wouldn't think that We agree with each other all of the time, but it's always nice when everybody respects one another's opinions. I learn a lot of good stuff here on the message board, when people explain what they're thinking is, or what their belief is, and it's all done in a friendly manner.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Historical fact is not myth - you might not think it is a precusor, but then you are convinced that if we just get that 4-12 QB, then we are going to be winners, in spite of draft capital, money for FAs and for a QB that has a history of wanting out if things are tough.

Hopefully we don't sell the Broncos future for someone that brings worse results, a divided locker room, and will hamstring the organisation for many years. Broncos has historically been a great organisation - lets hope they are not making deals that you expect from teams that don't traditionally have success.

And this is where you lose all credibility. Again.

Lets break it down one more time:
        1. We have plenty of money for FA. We will even the following year if we had watson. So: WRONG!
        2. QB that has a history of wanting out if things are tough. When has that ever been an issue for him college or pros? Oh it hasnt. Ok. So: WRONG!
        3. Selling the broncos future? How? by trading some draft picks? Shane Ray, Adam Gotsis, Paxton, Roby, Brock, Sly, Carlose henderson? Yeaaaa, no. So: WRONG!
        4. Bringing in a top 5- top 2 QB in the entire NFL will not bring worse results. Literally you are the only person on this planet that thinks this. So: WRONG FOR YOUR ENTIRE LIFE!
        5. How and where would there be a divided locker room? Why would there be? Oh you literally actually have no clue- much like your posts. So: WRONG!
        6. How does bringing in a better player hamstring the organization at all- let alone for many years.......Oh ya- you are just making stuff up. Per usual. So: WRONG!
        7. Broncos have been a historically great organization- with a Z not an s. So: RIGHT- you did say one thing right!!!!! Yipeeeee!
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

I remember the days on this message board when we could all disagree on stuff, but still be civil to each other. (most of the time.)
          I wouldn't think that We agree with each other all of the time, but it's always nice when everybody respects one another's opinions. I learn a lot of good stuff here on the message board, when people explain what they're thinking is, or what their belief is, and it's all done in a friendly manner.
          Yessir. Opinions are great. Differing opinions are even better. Leads to growth! Making things up. Trying to "sell" or bully a view point is not though. Also saying the same thing over and over trying to make it valid is also not a good way.

I am with you Capitano! Agreeing and Disagreeing is a great way to respect another and learn. No opinion is wrong. It cannot be. It is an opinion. Like saying a strawberry is the better fruit than a Pineapple. Cannot be wrong. It is an opinion. It is when someone says that Strawberries are the better fruit and Pineapples cause years worth of health problems that strawberries do not. And that pineapples cost too much and will only make the taste of a strawberry in the future worse. That is where people get hung up.
          So far:

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post

Yessir. Opinions are great. Differing opinions are even better. Leads to growth! Making things up. Trying to "sell" or bully a view point is not though. Also saying the same thing over and over trying to make it valid is also not a good way.

I am with you Capitano! Agreeing and Disagreeing is a great way to respect another and learn. No opinion is wrong. It cannot be. It is an opinion. Like saying a strawberry is the better fruit than a Pineapple. Cannot be wrong. It is an opinion. It is when someone says that Strawberries are the better fruit and Pineapples cause years worth of health problems that strawberries do not. And that pineapples cost too much and will only make the taste of a strawberry in the future worse. That is where people get hung up.
            I thought it was"Apples and Oranges"??? What's wrong with you, don't you know anything????
            (Totally kidding)

We have a great Message board here, with a lot of great Broncos fans, and Moderators, and its a nice place to discuss things about the team we love, and its even better when we can all get along and be as classy as the Broncos organization has been over many years.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Big money WRs and RBs don’t win Super Bowls is the myth. The QB cap percentage nonsense you’re talking about will correct itself over time. Mahomes will probably win another one at some point in his career as well as some of the other elite young QBs in the game right now. You sound like you just want to draft a QB every 4-5 seasons and never pay the guy his worth. That isn’t a recipe for sustained success.

Watson would not divide the locker room, our locker room seems to be actively campaigning for him, even Justin Simmons is saying he’d like to have Watson. Drew Lock is just as likely to divide the locker room into the great offense vs defense fiasco we’ve seen the past few years. Worse results? I don’t think Watson will ever throw 18 TDs and 15 INTs in a single season. Almost anything is an improvement over that. How would it hamstring the organization?? What 1st round pick or combo of picks is going to come in and right the ship? It would have to be a QB but what QB is going to available from picks 9-15 over the next 2-3 seasons that won’t take 2-3 seasons to develop? Wilson likely won’t be there at 9 and he still needs at least a season to fix his flaws so he’s out. Lance? He’s just as likely to be out the league in 3 years as he is to be an elite QB. Jones? Will always be limited by his arm. Next year’s class when we’re picking 12th? Yeah there’s no one there either. The year after? Well we’re already in the theoretical last year of picks we spent for Watson and there definitely won’t be a QB better than Watson as a rookie.

All these draft picks we’ve used since Manning retired has only taken us further from the goal. The draft picks will not matter until we have a legitimate franchise QB. Ozzie Newsome is arguably the greatest GM of all time in terms of drafting yet with all these HoF players and Pro Bowl he only managed 2 super bowl wins, one with a historic defense and another with an above average QB playing out of his mind. So in 27 years(and really it’s more because he’s still working with the Ravens) he’s been to 2 and won 2. But Elway went all in on Manning and went 1-1 in 5 years. Sure we didn’t give up picks for Manning, but did any of those 1st and 2nd round draft picks really make or break those teams?

Lock will likely never be bad enough to get us a top 5 pick, it’s also just as likely he’s never good enough to consistently put us in the playoffs, especially in this division. The core of the team is good enough to get in the playoffs now, they are just a QB away and there are no QBs we can realistically get through the draft anytime soon that makes us better than we would be with Watson or even that much better than with Lock.

Comment

• I think more than one poster should take a break from the forums.
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• So I think Drew Lock will get one more year and if he does not produce like Josh Allen did in his third year as this will now be Drew’s third year then Denver should cut bait however I think Denver will not get into a bidding war for D.Watson what so ever plus Do you remember when Drew Brees was the QB for the San Diego Chargers and then they got rid of him I just say it is way to early to give up on Drew he is a Young QB and he needed to lear from his mistakes with all hopes and dreams that Drew can produce just like another Drew we all know.

Comment

• Honestly I'm cool either way...we get Watson and be set at qb....or we ride with Drew and guaranteed another top 10 pick next year. Either this will be lock last year with us.
                    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Thread cleaned.

Again.
                      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
                        Honestly I'm cool either way...we get Watson and be set at qb....or we ride with Drew and guaranteed another top 10 pick next year. Either this will be lock last year with us.
                        Right with you brother. Except I have more faith in Drew so I do not think we will be a top 15 pick next year.
                        So far:

Comment

• Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

Not related to your comment, but been listening to various sports news, and the Broncos are favored by Vegas to get Watson. Also, if they don't because the Texans don't release him, the Broncos can still have a shot next season, maybe with more cap space. Just in case you haven't heard that stuff....
                          Interesting. I don't follow any Vegas "predictions"....did they give any solid reasons as to why they believe Denver is the favored team to acquire Watson?
                          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Interesting. I don't follow any Vegas "predictions"....did they give any solid reasons as to why they believe Denver is the favored team to acquire Watson?
                            Don't know. "Outsiders" are assuming that Vegas often gets their guesses right based on what little info is available, though. Just speculation, of course. The one stinker is that many believe the Texans won't make a move until after the draft. Kinda makes sense, since probably suitors with good 1st round picks will use their picks and few will have much to offer. Some are already talking about going after Watson next year, when he's eligible.
                            Last edited by DiveInstructor; 02-23-2021, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• Interesting articles on the trade (or not) drama surrounding Watson, and will not be the first time Denver signed a QB in that situation. As I recall One such player took the Broncos to the Big Game more than once. That's one way to go.

Today Sport Radio, (about the time they announced Tiger Woods was in a serious accident) interrupted talk on what they suspect Denver would offer Houston for Watson. Offer would be 3 first round, 2 second round. and some 3rd round selection. There were strong points on both sides of the argument and had me thinking. Maybe going the trade route will prevail.

I now am back to where I was before, That # 9 position is Ideal to get that competition to challenge Lock, use those other picks to truly better the team by concentrating on the Defense and a quality RB.

Jones may well move up draft boards, but if he is still available at # 9, Denver would regret passing on him. Is it true that players wish for someone other that Lock.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

Don't know. "Outsiders" are assuming that Vegas often gets their guesses right based on what little info is available, though. Just speculation, of course. The one stinker is that many believe the Texans won't make a move until after the draft. Kinda makes sense, since probably suitors with good 1st round picks will use their picks and few will have much to offer. Some are already talking about going after Watson next year, when he's eligible.
                                I dont think it will be after the draft. Texans don't have a 1st or 2nd. They need to draft players with the picks from Watson. It will be before the draft 100%.
                                So far:

Comment

Working...
                                X