Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post

Thanks for the kind words.

Lock? I back him because he's our QB. I see potential, but there's so much that needs work. Would one more year make a difference? A better o-line would help. I would not be sad if he got traded. Just get tired of the QB shuffle.
    Agreed. He has the ability to make all the plays. I think if he stays healthy and finds consistency in his good points things would turn around for him.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Its too bad we can't talk about the Starting QB of the Broncos without having the thread constantly derailed.
      It seems for the most part, its the same posters derailing the thread?
      I think Drew Lock has tons of potential, and he needs to be coached up and put in the best position to "Unlock" his potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
        Its too bad we can't talk about the Starting QB of the Broncos without having the thread constantly derailed.
        It seems for the most part, its the same posters derailing the thread?
        I think Drew Lock has tons of potential, and he needs to be coached up and put in the best position to "Unlock" his potential.

You show me the human that can remain 100% on topic indefinitely, and I'll show you that you''re hallucinating.

As for Lock, his potential is a strong arm. Trouble is, his issues are an apparent problem learning defensive schemes and what to do about them, bad throwing mechanics, and immaturity. There have been plenty of guys who have a strong arm. There haven't been plenty of guys who can fix all of those other issues and turn into a franchise QB. Lock's been with the team for 2 years, on the field for what? 17 games over a span of two seasons. He's shown no significant improvement an any areas of weakness. He's still on the team, so he should have an advantage over everyone for that position. If he turns into the franchise QB, resolving all of his issues, then good for him. Otherwise, no excuses, and he can go join Lynch and the rest of them.

The Broncos need a franchise QB. So far, Lock has shown he's not that guy, no matter what anyone "thinks".

Comment

• Lock is not immature. Not a fan when people say that. If lock is immature then guys like: Brady, Rodgers discount double check, rivers, Roethlisberger are immature.....and then these young qbs must be the most immature of all time: cam w superman, minshew the mustache, baker Mayfield, lamar Jackson, Kyle Murray, jameis winston, Dwayne haskins, etc.

ALL OF THOSE QBS DANCE OR CELEBRATE WHEN THEY SCORE OR MAKE A BIG PLAY! ALL OF THEM!

Drew is certainly on the milder side. He also doesn't go clubbing, and say grab em by the p***y like one of the other qbs did. Drew is like a big dork. He is very mature and the leader of the team. You don't get that by being immature.
          So far:
          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
            Lock is not immature. Not a fan when people say that. If lock is immature then guys like: Brady, Rodgers discount double check, rivers, Roethlisberger are immature.....and then these young qbs must be the most immature of all time: cam w superman, minshew the mustache, baker Mayfield, lamar Jackson, Kyle Murray, jameis winston, Dwayne haskins, etc.

ALL OF THOSE QBS DANCE OR CELEBRATE WHEN THEY SCORE OR MAKE A BIG PLAY! ALL OF THEM!

Drew is certainly on the milder side. He also doesn't go clubbing, and say grab em by the p***y like one of the other qbs did. Drew is like a big dork. He is very mature and the leader of the team. You don't get that by being immature.
            I think how the word immature is applied regarding Lock needs to be better defined. Is Lock immature as a human being and as a player? Mature as a human being but immature as a player? I vote the latter, and I believe coaching has a strong effect on Lock's immaturity on the field. Lock has the proper physical mechanics but coaches need to strongly focus on Locks mental mechanics.
            Sometimes mental improvement just isn't in the cards with some players. We will find out if Lock remains our QB this season.
            Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

You show me the human that can remain 100% on topic indefinitely, and I'll show you that you''re hallucinating.

As for Lock, his potential is a strong arm. Trouble is, his issues are an apparent problem learning defensive schemes and what to do about them, bad throwing mechanics, and immaturity. There have been plenty of guys who have a strong arm. There haven't been plenty of guys who can fix all of those other issues and turn into a franchise QB. Lock's been with the team for 2 years, on the field for what? 17 games over a span of two seasons. He's shown no significant improvement an any areas of weakness. He's still on the team, so he should have an advantage over everyone for that position. If he turns into the franchise QB, resolving all of his issues, then good for him. Otherwise, no excuses, and he can go join Lynch and the rest of them.

The Broncos need a franchise QB. So far, Lock has shown he's not that guy, no matter what anyone "thinks".
              I disagree that he’s shown no significant improvement. He has, but the improvements he’s made doesn’t always show up in the stat sheet. Week 17 was a culmination of everything he’s learned over the season. His footwork was much better as well as how he read the defense. In our earlier matchup against the Raiders we ran 2 drags into each other to pick a DB, one of the WRs came open but Lock checked it down to the RB for a minimal game. That same play came in that second game and this time he hits the WR for a 1st down. That’s him learning from a mistake and showing growth. And even if you don’t think he showed improvement, the Raiders definitely thought he did. They showed a lot of single high safety looks pre snap which tells the QB to expect Cover 1 or Cover 3, but the Raiders would turn that presnap look into an inverted cover 2 post snap something Lock shouldn’t have been expecting. And even then, Lock still hung in there and had arguably his best game of the season. Teams did not do that to Lock prior to that game, what he saw presnap was what he got postsnap. His improvement with his eyes showed up in that Carolina game in a big way and that was really when teams figured out they couldn’t just give him a single high safety look and expect to beat him.

In short, I wouldn’t focus so much on Lock’s stats to try and find growth. How defenses played him over the course of the season, and in particular the last month or so shows that at least those Defensive Coordinators thought he was improving. I think the Chargers were the only team that didn’t change up much defensively, and had Jeudy not dropped a crazy amount of passes that likely would’ve been a huge game for Lock despite the INTs and probably would’ve been a win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Lock has 18 games played. I am sure I can find many QBs who had similarly bad stats their first 16 games and then went on to have better times in their career. In PMs first 16 games he had 28 Ints, a QB rating of 71.2 .....how did his career go? Ok now we know 2 QBs. I can find more but why spend time doing that? At this point people who want Lock gone want him gone and nothing that will be said in an internet forum conversation will change anyone's mind.

The Broncos have not had much success in developing young QBs recent DECADES and I do not think drafting another 1st round QB will change this. We do not have the support staff ....if I was a rookie qb drafted by the Broncos I would treat them how Eli treated the Chargers. How Watson is treating the Texans.
                With Lock and any other young QB it is the pros and cons, can the cons be fixed fully or partially and what is the trajectory of the development. Many years back before the Steelers game you wrote an excellent post on Tebow (linked below) - a QB inviteing much of the same discussions as Lock - something really good and some huge issues that if improving to mediocre would mean a great deal. Fact is that Lock did not have a proper TC and really if he cut his INTs in half we would all have a different discussion.

Since Elway we have not developed a young QB - some could maybe have become elite but we didn't follow through

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                Clik the link to read - to not Tebow hack this thread but a great post that relates to Lock as well

Comment

Sorry however I disagree. Drew Lock will be the Starting QB for the 2021 Denver Broncos and with now being his Third Season even though he has only played in 18 Games the pressure is now on Drew to perform and so we shall all see if Drew can and will take that next step on becoming our Franchise QB or will he take yet another step back into a possible Backup Role? We just do not know yet however by Week 4 I think that we all will know. The last thing that I want to do is Throw away Drew and find him on another Team where he goes on to have a NFL HOF type of career aka Drew Brees. We all knew Drew was going to be a Development Type of QB that would take anywhere between 2-3 Years to Develop so since Drew has only Started in 18 games lets see if this Year is the Year that Drew will Shine. Remember Drew is not even a First Round QB so Development was definitely needed for Drew however this is his Make it or Break it type of year besides we all know that D.Watson will not be coming to Denver this Year. In Drew I Trust,

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                    Lock is not immature. Not a fan when people say that. If lock is immature then guys like: Brady, Rodgers discount double check, rivers, Roethlisberger are immature.....and then these young qbs must be the most immature of all time: cam w superman, minshew the mustache, baker Mayfield, lamar Jackson, Kyle Murray, jameis winston, Dwayne haskins, etc.

That's laughable you bring Brady, Rodgers, Roethlesberger into the conversation. Lock is bottom of the league performance, not HOF material. Once he is as good as an HOF QB, I don't care what he does. But him joking around when he's nowhere near developed into even a starter in the league is what the issue is. He needs to perform first, then find time to good off later.

Minshew, Cam, Murray, Haskins....they can join Lock selling cell phones if they wanna play around instead of play like an NFL QB.

Lock just led them to a losing season. Some of his teammates are ready to move on. If you think he's truly a leader and has his team 100% behind him, you're not paying attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

Sorry however I disagree. Drew Lock will be the Starting QB for the 2021 Denver Broncos and with now being his Third Season even though he has only played in 18 Games the pressure is now on Drew to perform and so we shall all see if Drew can and will take that next step on becoming our Franchise QB or will he take yet another step back into a possible Backup Role? We just do not know yet however by Week 4 I think that we all will know. The last thing that I want to do is Throw away Drew and find him on another Team where he goes on to have a NFL HOF type of career aka Drew Brees. We all knew Drew was going to be a Development Type of QB that would take anywhere between 2-3 Years to Develop so since Drew has only Started in 18 games lets see if this Year is the Year that Drew will Shine. Remember Drew is not even a First Round QB so Development was definitely needed for Drew however this is his Make it or Break it type of year besides we all know that D.Watson will not be coming to Denver this Year. In Drew I Trust,
                      That's fine you hang your hat on him. And, if he does indeed turn into the franchise QB, then you were right and I was wrong for playing the odds. But, until that happens, you might as well be going to church or a temple and praying...'cause until he actually turns into that QB, it's just pure faith and hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

I disagree that he’s shown no significant improvement. He has, but the improvements he’s made doesn’t always show up in the stat sheet. Week 17 was a culmination of everything he’s learned over the season. His footwork was much better as well as how he read the defense. In our earlier matchup against the Raiders we ran 2 drags into each other to pick a DB, one of the WRs came open but Lock checked it down to the RB for a minimal game. That same play came in that second game and this time he hits the WR for a 1st down. That’s him learning from a mistake and showing growth. And even if you don’t think he showed improvement, the Raiders definitely thought he did. They showed a lot of single high safety looks pre snap which tells the QB to expect Cover 1 or Cover 3, but the Raiders would turn that presnap look into an inverted cover 2 post snap something Lock shouldn’t have been expecting. And even then, Lock still hung in there and had arguably his best game of the season. Teams did not do that to Lock prior to that game, what he saw presnap was what he got postsnap. His improvement with his eyes showed up in that Carolina game in a big way and that was really when teams figured out they couldn’t just give him a single high safety look and expect to beat him.

In short, I wouldn’t focus so much on Lock’s stats to try and find growth. How defenses played him over the course of the season, and in particular the last month or so shows that at least those Defensive Coordinators thought he was improving. I think the Chargers were the only team that didn’t change up much defensively, and had Jeudy not dropped a crazy amount of passes that likely would’ve been a huge game for Lock despite the INTs and probably would’ve been a win.
                        In SB XLV, Ben Roethlisberger was pick sixed on an inverted Cover 2. At Atlanta in 2012, PM was picked three times one of which was off of Cover 2 Robber. In SB XLIV, PM was picked off of a 3-3-5 look. Manning also had trouble with Zone Blitz. He was victimized once on a ZB by Rob Ninkovich in game 9 of 2014. Point is, if those kinds of coverages, seldom or never seen at the college level, can fool guys like Manning and Roethlisberger, they can sure fool a two year player who has had a different OC each of the last six years.

Drew Lock has physical talent that can't be coached and mental talent that can. Football players can get better, worse or stay the same. No one outside of Dove Valley has a valid clue exactly what their take on "Buzz" is. Wonder what is up with inquiries from other teams on trading for him? Guess they think they see something. What the Broncos do in free agency, trades and the Draft will be indicative of what they think of Drew. IMO they need a veteran QB to bring some perspective to the QB room and the practice field, plus being available on game day.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

That's laughable you bring Brady, Rodgers, Roethlesberger into the conversation. Lock is bottom of the league performance, not HOF material. Once he is as good as an HOF QB, I don't care what he does. But him joking around when he's nowhere near developed into even a starter in the league is what the issue is. He needs to perform first, then find time to good off later.

Minshew, Cam, Murray, Haskins....they can join Lock selling cell phones if they wanna play around instead of play like an NFL QB.

Lock just led them to a losing season. Some of his teammates are ready to move on. If you think he's truly a leader and has his team 100% behind him, you're not paying attention.
                          What does Brady, Rodgers or the rest being future HOF have anything do with anything????

You said Lock is immature. Someone that has had a career at a HOF level has no bearing on being mature or not. All of those QBs do the same thing lock does. Some, a lot worse. Selling cell phones or not, who cares.

The point, your point, is that lock is immature. If you think that then there is a double standard because all of those QBs I listed do the exact same thing. The success of their career is completely Irrelevant to that point. If locks actions make him immature then ALL of those QBs are also immature. If they are not, then Lock is not immature (hes not)

I have not heard of anyone on the team ready to move on. Not one. I have not heard one person from the FO say its time to move on. I am paying attention. What you are saying is not adding up.
                          So far:

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

I think how the word immature is applied regarding Lock needs to be better defined. Is Lock immature as a human being and as a player? Mature as a human being but immature as a player? I vote the latter, and I believe coaching has a strong effect on Lock's immaturity on the field. Lock has the proper physical mechanics but coaches need to strongly focus on Locks mental mechanics.
                            Sometimes mental improvement just isn't in the cards with some players. We will find out if Lock remains our QB this season.

Ahhh, good point. Maybe he meant immature like his mechanics are not developed yet. He is immature in his development, foot work, etc. Great point. Maybe that is what he meant? Because I do agree lock has a lot to improve upon as a football player. Footwork, mechanics, etc. I would not use the word immature here to define that, but it is applicable and makes sense.
                            So far:

Comment

• I've already accepted that Drew is almost certainly going to be our QB this year.

Fangio has to win this year. I don't think we're drafting a QB. Paton probably wants to build the roster, while seeing if Fangio and Lock are our HC/QB moving forward or if we need to move on next year and let the new HC have a say on the QB position.

I do think we'll bring in a vet, whether it's to compete or be a backup, remains to be seen.

I don't think Watson will be a Bronco, even if Houston does trade him. I think that the Texans will simply get a better offer from another team.

I don't think Lock is a franchise QB. Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't seen anything special.

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                                I've already accepted that Drew is almost certainly going to be our QB this year.

Fangio has to win this year. I don't think we're drafting a QB. Paton probably wants to build the roster, while seeing if Fangio and Lock are our HC/QB moving forward or if we need to move on next year and let the new HC have a say on the QB position.

I do think we'll bring in a vet, whether it's to compete or be a backup, remains to be seen.

I don't think Watson will be a Bronco, even if Houston does trade him. I think that the Texans will simply get a better offer from another team.

I don't think Lock is a franchise QB. Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't seen anything special.
                                Hopefully you are incorrect about the last two
                                So far:

Comment

Working...
                                X