Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by sra84 View Post
    I've already accepted that Drew is almost certainly going to be our QB this year.

    Fangio has to win this year. I don't think we're drafting a QB. Paton probably wants to build the roster, while seeing if Fangio and Lock are our HC/QB moving forward or if we need to move on next year and let the new HC have a say on the QB position.

    I do think we'll bring in a vet, whether it's to compete or be a backup, remains to be seen.

    I don't think Watson will be a Bronco, even if Houston does trade him. I think that the Texans will simply get a better offer from another team.

    I don't think Lock is a franchise QB. Maybe I'm wrong, but I haven't seen anything special.
    See I'm almost completely the opposite here. I've accepted that Lock will most certainly be dealt, whether in a DW trade or just traded for picks. You're right, Fangio does have to win this year. That's why I feel like they go all out for another QB because Lock isn't the answer.

    If Broncos don't land Watson I think they sign Fitzpatrick and draft a new 1st round QB. The reports are that Paton already tried to trade Lock in an attempt to get Stafford. And, a few teams have reportedly already reached out to Denver about trading for Lock......


    https://broncoswire-usatoday-com.cdn...b-drew-lock%2F


    Granted this article says he will most likely not be traded.... smoke screen season????
    Last edited by JvDub95; 02-28-2021, 01:40 PM.

    Comment


    • Out of curiosity, has anyone seen/heard any reports of Lock working this off-season?

      Did see an article in early Feb stating he and Jeudy would be working out together at some point. Still very early but anything?

      Whether the Broncos trade him or not, I would like to see him take the "I'm the Broncos QB until someone takes it from me" attitude. Get in the gym, work with a QB Guru on his mechanics., watch tape, get coaching or advice from HoF vets on their approach, etc.

      Because until the Broncos either make a trade or bring in another QB, he is the starting QB. If he wants to keep that job and gain the trust of his teammates, coaches, the organization and the fans he needs to prove he deserves it. . Not just handed the job as a weak third option. I'm rooting for him to show some leadership and win me over. He has work to do.



      Comment


      • Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
        Out of curiosity, has anyone seen/heard any reports of Lock working this off-season?

        Did see an article in early Feb stating he and Jeudy would be working out together at some point. Still very early but anything?

        Whether the Broncos trade him or not, I would like to see him take the "I'm the Broncos QB until someone takes it from me" attitude. Get in the gym, work with a QB Guru on his mechanics., watch tape, get coaching or advice from HoF vets on their approach, etc.

        Because until the Broncos either make a trade or bring in another QB, he is the starting QB. If he wants to keep that job and gain the trust of his teammates, coaches, the organization and the fans he needs to prove he deserves it. . Not just handed the job as a weak third option. I'm rooting for him to show some leadership and win me over. He has work to do.



        I have not heard of when he is doing that, but I have heard that he is doing all of that. He said this will be his best offseason ever. Its one reason why I like Lock so much. Dude is competitive af. He does not like to lose or get beat. He wants to dance! So I do have a very very good feeling about him this coming year. Very good. I think he is going to come in just like you said and say you think you can take my job, good luck.


        Having said ALLLLLL of that. I still want Watson. Bad!!!!!
        I like Drew and have a lot of faith in him. But Watson is top 3 in the NFL. He is that freaking good!!!!! Even if drew becomes everything we want him to be. A Drew Brees for example- he still would not be as good as Watson. Watson plays on an entire different level. He just does. He has elements that they do not have. So if we can somehow get Watson- see you drew. I hope the best for you but I will take Watson all day errrr day!


        In the likely event that that does not happen, I do expect Drew to come back and look amazing. He said it himself he spent more time learning the new offense and not reading defenses. He said towards the end of the year that he was able to focus more on reading the D and less on understanding the offense. His play the last few games did show that. So, I think with him having mastered the offense he can now move up the ladder and progess to the next set of skills, which is reading defenses and understanding like Peyton Manning, where the open guy should be.
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

          See I'm almost completely the opposite here. I've accepted that Lock will most certainly be dealt, whether in a DW trade or just traded for picks. You're right, Fangio does have to win this year. That's why I feel like they go all out for another QB because Lock isn't the answer.

          If Broncos don't land Watson I think they sign Fitzpatrick and draft a new 1st round QB. The reports are that Paton already tried to trade Lock in an attempt to get Stafford. And, a few teams have reportedly already reached out to Denver about trading for Lock......


          https://broncoswire-usatoday-com.cdn...b-drew-lock%2F


          Granted this article says he will most likely not be traded.... smoke screen season????
          I hope you are right. I so ready to have a set qb and not worry about how our qb is gonna play every year. But if we don't I look forward to having another top 10 pick. Qb draft next year is terrible.

          if not Watson I truly hope Paton grabs a qb next year or we gonna be in trouble.
          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

          Comment


          • It's possible Drew Lock will play better this year? And then he'll play even better the following year? Wouldn't that be a nice surprise?

            Last edited by Capt. Jack; 02-28-2021, 04:22 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

              That's fine you hang your hat on him. And, if he does indeed turn into the franchise QB, then you were right and I was wrong for playing the odds. But, until that happens, you might as well be going to church or a temple and praying...'cause until he actually turns into that QB, it's just pure faith and hope.

              So is getting D.Watson LOL ๐Ÿ˜‚.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post


                So is getting D.Watson LOL ๐Ÿ˜‚.
                There is more evidence that Lock is slowly improving than there is that Watson is going to be traded to the Broncos. Hope? Sure. Faith? Nah.
                Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

                Comment


                • Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post


                  So is getting D.Watson LOL ๐Ÿ˜‚.
                  No doubt about that. Very little is a guarantee. I'd say Watson's probably a better bet than Lock, but that's about it. To me, making decisions in the NFL is as much about probability as it is anything else. So, my opinions are biased by probability. The better the odds, the more I side with that opinion. Manning doing well was a pretty good probability. Watson doing well is decent but not a for-sure, since his last season wasn't great in the win column. But, he still played well. He might be that franchise, top 5 QB, but there's still a chance the wheels could fall of that cart. And, probability is why I keep banging the drum on moving up in this draft to grab a top 2 QB. The odds of success are better, but still not a guarantee.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by listopencil View Post

                    There is more evidence that Lock is slowly improving than there is that Watson is going to be traded to the Broncos. Hope? Sure. Faith? Nah.
                    Yep! I read a saying a while back and it basically stated: "Hoping for something is only setting yourself up for future disappointment." Yes, no, maybe?

                    And I stand by my opinion that Lock should remain a Bronco for at least one more year and management should have a decent back-up plan (wait...what?) in the event Lock doesn't step up to become our franchise QB. We all have "hope" but.....

                    And I still firmly believe, Watson will never be a Denver Bronco. So, for members in this forum, "hoping" he will....please see my first sentence above.
                    Utah Bronco Freak

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

                      No doubt about that. Very little is a guarantee. I'd say Watson's probably a better bet than Lock, but that's about it. To me, making decisions in the NFL is as much about probability as it is anything else. So, my opinions are biased by probability. The better the odds, the more I side with that opinion. Manning doing well was a pretty good probability. Watson doing well is decent but not a for-sure, since his last season wasn't great in the win column. But, he still played well. He might be that franchise, top 5 QB, but there's still a chance the wheels could fall of that cart. And, probability is why I keep banging the drum on moving up in this draft to grab a top 2 QB. The odds of success are better, but still not a guarantee.
                      I was thinking along these lines...(just my opinion on the probabilities)

                      The probability of Lock being a long term starter.....just under medium

                      The probability of Lock being a pro bowler.......low

                      The probability of Watson being a long term starter......very high

                      The probability of Watson being a pro bowler.....high

                      The probability we will be a better team (even after giving up draft picks/player(s).....medium to high

                      The probability of us acquiring him.....low

                      If you weigh the odds, the chances of us getting Watson are not good....

                      BUT

                      We should at least make the effort to try to interest Houston. Because low odds or not, the probability of him being successful here are high, and in my opinion, the odds of us being a better team are also quite good. Conversely, the odds of Lock being a long term franchise QB do not warrant us assuming he will be. The cost of being incorrect on that is significant in terms of the expense of either drafting more QBs and/or acquiring others that may not succeed. Plus it puts the organization on hold, until the future QB is found.

                      So in my opinion, you go for it. (but you have a solid plan B)







                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

                        Yep! I read a saying a while back and it basically stated: "Hoping for something is only setting yourself up for future disappointment." Yes, no, maybe?

                        And I stand by my opinion that Lock should remain a Bronco for at least one more year and management should have a decent back-up plan (wait...what?) in the event Lock doesn't step up to become our franchise QB. We all have "hope" but.....

                        And I still firmly believe, Watson will never be a Denver Bronco. So, for members in this forum, "hoping" he will....please see my first sentence above.
                        Why would you keep Lock then? Wouldn't that imply you're hoping he turns it around next year?

                        Comment


                        • I'm happy that Drew hasn't had a 'hissy fit" like some other QB's would be having, about the Broncos talking about getting rid of him, or replacing him. It shows the kid has class and some leadership abilities.

                          Now, he has to work harder, learn more and play better !

                          (And, Possibly work on his dance moves and celebrating as well)

                          #3


                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                            I'm happy that Drew hasn't had a 'hissy fit" like some other QB's would be having, about the Broncos talking about getting rid of him, or replacing him. It shows the kid has class and some leadership abilities.

                            Now, he has to work harder, learn more and play better !

                            (And, Possibly work on his dance moves and celebrating as well)

                            #3


                            Excellent points. Haven't heard much from him lately, but there's good in that, too. Even though I talk a lot about getting someone else in here doesn't mean I don't want him to succeed. I hope he comes out swinging and does very well. However, he can save those dance moves for after his first SB win.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

                              Excellent points. Haven't heard much from him lately, but there's good in that, too. Even though I talk a lot about getting someone else in here doesn't mean I don't want him to succeed. I hope he comes out swinging and does very well. However, he can save those dance moves for after his first SB win.
                              Thanks!!!!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

                                Why would you keep Lock then? Wouldn't that imply you're hoping he turns it around next year?
                                The statement "Hoping for something is only setting yourself up for future disappointment." in life is more true then not true, and I agree with that.

                                And yes, I am "hoping" Lock turns it around this season but I realize the chances of that happening are against the odds and likely won't happen. At the same time I also believe Lock will have better success this year if he remains a Bronco but I'm not sure it will be enough to remove all doubts that he can / will reach the promised land with quality success in Denver to keep growing as we go into 2022. Will I be disappointed if it doesn't work out for him? Absolutely but I won't be devastated, angry or what ever. I just "hope" the Broncos have a solid Plan B/C if the Lock saga comes to a end in the very near future.

                                I learned many decades ago to keep a very close eye on that "I hope, I wish, I want, I believe" carpet under my feet because there's usually a decent possibility of someone sneaking up behind me and grabbing that carpet and yanking on it with brute strength. Gravity can cause a lot pain when you're not expecting it or didn't prepare for it.

                                Utah Bronco Freak

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X