Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by sra84 View Post

    What are you talking about?

    I said I don't think Lock is a franchise QB.... nothing to do with hate, just what I've seen from him.

    And apparently the Broncos were willing to kick him to the curb as well for Stafford and possibly Wentz. People are just getting bent out of shape because I'm not joining the Drew Lock fan club yet.

    I'm saying that people are making excuses for Lock when a rookie came in and had huge success. Obviously there's the difference between a franchise QB and a guy who's nothing more than an average at best QB.

    If I'm wrong I'll admit it... but we'll see come next year.

    We may even see who's tune changed by mid season.
    According to Ben Allbright, who has good connections with the Broncos, the Broncos like Lock and feel he is on schedule. Allbright says that the Broncos are trying to improve the QB room but that doesn't mean they are trying to get rid of Lock. As a matter of fact Allbright has said teams have asked about Lock but the Broncos don't want to get rid of him, fearful he may develop. While they are looking around, the Broncos are NOT desperate to replace Lock. If they were, they would have paid more for Stafford or to move up to #3 like the 49ers did. We shouldn't conflate the ideas that because the Broncos are looking to improve their QB situation that they want to "kick Lock to the curb".

    Unlike Herbert who was drafted #6 overall, Lock was (and is) considered a project. Another difference is Herbert joined a team with an established offensive system so he was surrounded by players that knew the system, even if he didn't. Lock was surrounded by a bunch of rookies, plus vets that were new to a system with no training camp. Let's not forget Shurmur didn't have an off season to see the strengths and weaknesses of his players either.


    Comment


    • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

      While I generally like support for our QBs, I must say that it is pretty far fetched to make the argument to overlook the poor performance and lack of development with Drew Lock by insinuating that he would - should have the trajectory of Drew Brees or Brett Favre. Not every 6th round pick at QB will become Tom Brady and not every 2nd round pick will become Drew Brees.
      If the hate was as strong for Lock as it was for Tebow, and people would actually have done highlight reels of every bad throw/decision then there would be a lot more material from Lock.
      A huge difference is that Lock has the unearned confidence to throw into tripple coverage, across his body and off his back foot on a playaction pass. Lock has the mechanics to succeed but so did Christian Ponder, Brady Quinn, Kyle Orton....
      There is no need to make excuses for Lock. To me it is like Kyle Orton going into the 2011 season - it could work but the confidence is low!
      He could be another Quinn of Ponder but if he gets his footwork right ( like Josh Allen did), he could be more. He’s worth giving one more year.

      The Chargers gave up on Brees to soon, and Atlanta gave up on Favre too soon.


      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

        According to Ben Allbright, who has good connections with the Broncos, the Broncos like Lock and feel he is on schedule. Allbright says that the Broncos are trying to improve the QB room but that doesn't mean they are trying to get rid of Lock. As a matter of fact Allbright has said teams have asked about Lock but the Broncos don't want to get rid of him, fearful he may develop. While they are looking around, the Broncos are NOT desperate to replace Lock. If they were, they would have paid more for Stafford or to move up to #3 like the 49ers did. We shouldn't conflate the ideas that because the Broncos are looking to improve their QB situation that they want to "kick Lock to the curb".

        Unlike Herbert who was drafted #6 overall, Lock was (and is) considered a project. Another difference is Herbert joined a team with an established offensive system so he was surrounded by players that knew the system, even if he didn't. Lock was surrounded by a bunch of rookies, plus vets that were new to a system with no training camp. Let's not forget Shurmur didn't have an off season to see the strengths and weaknesses of his players either.

        I was frustrated with Lock at times but then I watch games like the Carolina game, the comeback vs the Chargers , the Houston game in 2019, even the Last game of the season vs the Raiders, Lock can has put up more 30 pt games than any Qb since Peyton. I hope the Broncos give him one more year, and we go defense in the draft. We just saw the Super Bowl won with defense shutting down the leagues best Qb, guys like Baker, Lamar, Rodgers, Wilson and Allen could only get three teams so far. We didn’t win with Peyton in 2013 we won with defense.
        If Lock can just take what the defense gives him and not force anything he will be fine with this team.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Bottom line, for me, I expect, and, am ok with, going with Lock this year unless we draft Fields. I don't want Lance or Jones.

          I didn't want Stafford or Wentz.

          I don't want Bridgewater, Minshew, Foles or Smith unless they are strictly for backup. They are not franchise QB's and are not legitimate competition for a supposed franchise QB.

          I am perfectly fine letting Lock and Fangio fight for their jobs this year.... I just don't believe either are good enough.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

            While I generally like support for our QBs, I must say that it is pretty far fetched to make the argument to overlook the poor performance and lack of development with Drew Lock by insinuating that he would - should have the trajectory of Drew Brees or Brett Favre. Not every 6th round pick at QB will become Tom Brady and not every 2nd round pick will become Drew Brees.
            If the hate was as strong for Lock as it was for Tebow, and people would actually have done highlight reels of every bad throw/decision then there would be a lot more material from Lock.
            A huge difference is that Lock has the unearned confidence to throw into tripple coverage, across his body and off his back foot on a playaction pass. Lock has the mechanics to succeed but so did Christian Ponder, Brady Quinn, Kyle Orton....
            There is no need to make excuses for Lock. To me it is like Kyle Orton going into the 2011 season - it could work but the confidence is low!
            most "excuses" are actually facts presented opposing his instant lable as a sure fire bust and wasted pick after 18 games...there is a differance

            people are condemning lock to bust after 18 starts...18 starts in which he exceeded stars like allens first 18 game stats, allen was also deemed a super talented project like lock, but unlike lock allen got to grow in a established offense, on the same system each year, getting OTAs, camps, preseason games prior to the 2020 pandemic season
            people are condeming lock because his stats dont match up to a #1 pick mayfield, or #6 pick herbert

            again i lived threw the elway rookie years...i seen and heard the lables of bust, i seen the actual coach draft his replacment...i read the stories saying he cant win the big one...all that negative...placed on a HOF qb in his first years

            and i see it again, im not comparing elways career to locks, im comparing the fans and so called analysts who wish to unjustly condemn way to fast
            sigpic
            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

            Comment


            • Originally posted by arapaho View Post

              most "excuses" are actually facts presented opposing his instant lable as a sure fire bust and wasted pick after 18 games...there is a differance

              people are condemning lock to bust after 18 starts...18 starts in which he exceeded stars like allens first 18 game stats, allen was also deemed a super talented project like lock, but unlike lock allen got to grow in a established offense, on the same system each year, getting OTAs, camps, preseason games prior to the 2020 pandemic season
              people are condeming lock because his stats dont match up to a #1 pick mayfield, or #6 pick herbert

              again i lived threw the elway rookie years...i seen and heard the lables of bust, i seen the actual coach draft his replacment...i read the stories saying he cant win the big one...all that negative...placed on a HOF qb in his first years

              and i see it again, im not comparing elways career to locks, im comparing the fans and so called analysts who wish to unjustly condemn way to fast
              Pundits have us taking that QB from ND in the first round. He runs like a bulldozer, until he's hurt...

              O-line please!
              [sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by arapaho View Post

                most "excuses" are actually facts presented opposing his instant lable as a sure fire bust and wasted pick after 18 games...there is a differance

                people are condemning lock to bust after 18 starts...18 starts in which he exceeded stars like allens first 18 game stats, allen was also deemed a super talented project like lock, but unlike lock allen got to grow in a established offense, on the same system each year, getting OTAs, camps, preseason games prior to the 2020 pandemic season
                people are condeming lock because his stats dont match up to a #1 pick mayfield, or #6 pick herbert

                again i lived threw the elway rookie years...i seen and heard the lables of bust, i seen the actual coach draft his replacment...i read the stories saying he cant win the big one...all that negative...placed on a HOF qb in his first years

                and i see it again, im not comparing elways career to locks, im comparing the fans and so called analysts who wish to unjustly condemn way to fast
                Sorry but bringing up OTA's and Covid, and bringing straw man arguments like ".... because his stats dont match up to a #1 pick mayfield, or #6 pick herbert" are just tricks to deflect from the facts that Lock did perform badly, the questions about his heart, desire and skills are valid, and the NFL did not consider him supremely talented.

                I only followed Elway through his last 12 seasons, but there is no way no how that Lock has neither the mentality nor the skills that Elway had.

                I don't see many labelling Lock as a bust, but he sure is a very long shot to become an elite QB, and it is not in the physical tools department that he is weakest. Bringing up Favre, Elway, Brees, Josh Allen... is a projection that far fetched. I am sure you could get very good odds on Lock taking Broncos to the SB in the next decade.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

                  Sorry but bringing up OTA's and Covid, and bringing straw man arguments like ".... because his stats dont match up to a #1 pick mayfield, or #6 pick herbert" are just tricks to deflect from the facts that Lock did perform badly, the questions about his heart, desire and skills are valid, and the NFL did not consider him supremely talented.

                  I only followed Elway through his last 12 seasons, but there is no way no how that Lock has neither the mentality nor the skills that Elway had.

                  I don't see many labelling Lock as a bust, but he sure is a very long shot to become an elite QB, and it is not in the physical tools department that he is weakest. Bringing up Favre, Elway, Brees, Josh Allen... is a projection that far fetched. I am sure you could get very good odds on Lock taking Broncos to the SB in the next decade.

                  and even as i conveniently said im not comparing careers or players but fans labling them busts after a handful of games
                  you still try and insist i am... weird

                  and lock again had the youngest starting offense in the league with the starting wrs being a 2019 third string player becoming #1, and two rookies, with a 2nd year TE, a rookie center, all learning a new scheme

                  where herbert had a established offense full of vets who played in the same offense for multiple years

                  if you dont think that makes a differance then then i cant help you

                  sigpic
                  when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

                    According to Ben Allbright, who has good connections with the Broncos, the Broncos like Lock and feel he is on schedule. Allbright says that the Broncos are trying to improve the QB room but that doesn't mean they are trying to get rid of Lock. As a matter of fact Allbright has said teams have asked about Lock but the Broncos don't want to get rid of him, fearful he may develop. While they are looking around, the Broncos are NOT desperate to replace Lock. If they were, they would have paid more for Stafford or to move up to #3 like the 49ers did. We shouldn't conflate the ideas that because the Broncos are looking to improve their QB situation that they want to "kick Lock to the curb".

                    Unlike Herbert who was drafted #6 overall, Lock was (and is) considered a project. Another difference is Herbert joined a team with an established offensive system so he was surrounded by players that knew the system, even if he didn't. Lock was surrounded by a bunch of rookies, plus vets that were new to a system with no training camp. Let's not forget Shurmur didn't have an off season to see the strengths and weaknesses of his players either.

                    I would love to be coming back here in a few months and eat a giant plate of crow. If Lock comes out and puts up points and most importantly wins games I will eat all my words....However I'm fully expecting a QB push in the draft. Buttering up Lock to sound good to others to make others think their not. Draft is a game of chess to these GMs and Paton is playing his board

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by arapaho View Post


                      and even as i conveniently said im not comparing careers or players but fans labling them busts after a handful of games
                      you still try and insist i am... weird

                      and lock again had the youngest starting offense in the league with the starting wrs being a 2019 third string player becoming #1, and two rookies, with a 2nd year TE, a rookie center, all learning a new scheme

                      where herbert had a established offense full of vets who played in the same offense for multiple years

                      if you dont think that makes a differance then then i cant help you
                      Herbert didn’t just have an established offense, he was drafted to a team that had a plan for him as he was their guy. Not saying Denver didn’t have a plan for Lock, but Shurmur sure didn’t. Shurmur drafted Daniel Jones and had a plan he didn’t get to see through with him not Drew Lock.

                      Comment


                      • Well Lock will have one more year to prove he is a NFL calibur QB there. Just has had some bad coaching.
                        Ready for October Falls

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by arapaho View Post


                          and even as i conveniently said im not comparing careers or players but fans labling them busts after a handful of games
                          you still try and insist i am... weird

                          and lock again had the youngest starting offense in the league with the starting wrs being a 2019 third string player becoming #1, and two rookies, with a 2nd year TE, a rookie center, all learning a new scheme

                          where herbert had a established offense full of vets who played in the same offense for multiple years

                          if you dont think that makes a differance then then i cant help you
                          The 2020 draft was focussed on building a very strong offensive team around Lock - totally tailored to him - and with elite draft picks used.
                          The new scheme excuse could be used for Tebow in 2011 (incl off season issues/lack of support), for Manning in 2012, in 2013 and 2015, for Sieman/Paxton Lynch/Osweiler in 2017.......
                          Young player are the way you build good teams without extreme cost.
                          The QB is by far the person most responsible for the outcome of a game, and Lock has not played well.
                          If he is our QB we need to hope for the best but that is not the same as making excuses for a 4-9 record.

                          Comment


                          • Whether you like him or hope we move up in the draft for the 4th or 5th best QB. Its good to hear Peyton Manning is working with Lock per Dalton Risner.

                            Peyton Manning is a big fan of Drew Lock,” Broncos offensive guard Dalton Risner told FanSided’s Matt Lombardo on the Matt Lombardo Show. “Him and Drew have been doing a lot of work this offseason and watching film.

                            ​​​​​​https://fansided.com/2021/04/09/peyt...rew-lock-mean/
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Who says they would be moving up for the fourth or fifth best quarterback?

                              Some people would argue that Russell Wilson is the best quarterback of the 2012 draft. I wouldn’t, but some would.

                              The quarterback selected fourth or fifth might be the best quarterback in the draft.

                              As for Lock working with Manning, that’s good news. I hope it produces better results.
                              Last edited by broncolee; 04-11-2021, 04:56 PM.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                                Who says they would be moving up for the fourth or fifth best quarterback?

                                Some people would argue that Russell Wilson is the best quarterback of the 2012 draft. I wouldn’t, but some would.

                                The quarterback selected fourth or fifth might be the quarterback in the draft.

                                As for Lock working with Manning, that’s good news. I hope it produces better results.
                                I was making a statement that covered all sides. From those who want him to get another year down to the group that wants to move up to 4. That also includes the group who would be fine sitting and 9 and taking whoever falls.
                                Your right 4th or 5th could be great or another busy.

                                Like I said pretty cool Lock is watching film with Peyton, because it helps Lock who should be on the team next year whether we draft a QB or not.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X