Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I have one option this year to upgrade and that is Justin Fields. If we can’t get him, Stick with Drew. He is going to win over a lot of Broncos Country this year. I would t even mind getting Teddy on a reworked deal as he could be a great mentor and solid backup.

    Everyone from east to west and here at home are talking about our QB options, yet Lock has only been working hard amidst the noise. Can’t wait to root him on next year.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Shiz View Post
      I have one option this year to upgrade and that is Justin Fields. If we can’t get him, Stick with Drew. He is going to win over a lot of Broncos Country this year. I would t even mind getting Teddy on a reworked deal as he could be a great mentor and solid backup.

      Everyone from east to west and here at home are talking about our QB options, yet Lock has only been working hard amidst the noise. Can’t wait to root him on next year.
      Who is your 2021 Right Tackle?
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Shiz View Post
        I have one option this year to upgrade and that is Justin Fields. If we can’t get him, Stick with Drew. He is going to win over a lot of Broncos Country this year. I would t even mind getting Teddy on a reworked deal as he could be a great mentor and solid backup.

        Everyone from east to west and here at home are talking about our QB options, yet Lock has only been working hard amidst the noise. Can’t wait to root him on next year.
        I agree with you about Lock, Fields may end up being a good Qb but I don’t see him beating out Lock out in Camp.
        Last edited by 58Miller; 04-11-2021, 07:31 PM.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by samparnell View Post

          Who is your 2021 Right Tackle?
          I’m talking about QBs in a Lock thread.

          What’s your point...coach?
          Last edited by Shiz; 04-11-2021, 07:46 PM.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Shiz View Post

            I’m talking about QBs in a Lock thread.

            What’s your point...coach?
            You see no relationship between O-Line and QBs? Don't you think drafting a starting Tackle will help Buzz ... Shiz?
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

            Comment


            • Originally posted by samparnell View Post

              You see no relationship between O-Line and QBs? Don't you think drafting a starting Tackle will help Buzz ... Shiz?
              I was talking about QBs in a Lock thread. I believe Fields is more talented than Lock. If that option is not available, then roll with Lock who I fully support. Then draft a RT if that is what’s best...chill out. I never said anything about a tackle and their value.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Consistently recognizing coverages and spotting blitzes pre-snap would help Lock so much... and that’s just to help him make the right decision with where to go with the ball. If Manning can help him with that, great. He is one of the GOATs at film study and pre-snap activity.

                The one thing that a lot of people, myself included, miss when discussing Lock is his accuracy. It was atrocious last season. His on-target % (catchable passes) was quite literally the worst in the NFL and his adjusted completion % (doesn’t count drops, throwaways, spikes, etc.) was also among the lowest. His mechanics/footwork got a little better late in the year, and I expect another full offseason of work and training will continue to remedy that issue—which was his biggest flaw coming out of Mizzou. If that can improve... his balance, rhythm, and timing on his dropbacks will be cleaner and better ball placement should follow.

                It just so happens that those two things, reading defenses and good accuracy, are some of the hardest things to improve upon as a QB— let alone perform those two things consistently.
                2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

                Comment


                • 5 bold predictions for Denver Broncos in 2021 (msn.com)

                  Me likey !!

                  Comment


                  • So will the broncos "lock out" be another excuse used for this guy?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                      So will the broncos "lock out" be another excuse used for this guy?
                      Not for me!!!! This is his last chance to lead this team! I believe Paton is giving Fangio and Lock everything they need to succeed if they don’t he will clean house, coaching staff and Lock out and in with the new.
                      If he doesn’t get the offense going he’s done. If the Broncos draft a QB it will be a perfect opportunity for them to step in like Lock did as a rookie.
                      I am 100% backing Lock, not getting everyone on board for voluntary OTA’s is not a good start to this season.
                      Last edited by 58Miller; 04-13-2021, 09:34 PM.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                        So will the broncos "lock out" be another excuse used for this guy?
                        I think you'd agree it certainly doesn't help.

                        The more time Lock, Jeudy, and Hamler spend getting a feel for each other's play should help reduce drops and increase productivity.
                        Sutton could definitely use some reps with Lock, given he was out last year.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                          Not for me!!!! This is his last chance to lead this team! I believe Paton is giving Fangio and Lock everything they need to succeed if they don’t he will clean house, coaching staff and Lock out and in with the new.
                          If he doesn’t get the offense going he’s done. If the Broncos draft a QB it will be a perfect opportunity for them to step in like Lock did as a rookie.
                          I am 100% backing Lock, not getting everyone on board for voluntary OTA’s is not a good start to this season.
                          I agree. Lock deserves one last chance to "make it (prove he is worth being a Bronco) or break it (prove he isn't the QB we want as a Bronco)".

                          The first "positive" / "negative" for Lock will happen in 15 days from today, 04-29-21.
                          Utah Bronco Freak

                          Comment


                          • Just think, if Lock has a break out season this year, we will have to be talking about how much they are going to have to pay him on his next contract.
                            If, he plays well this year and next year, he will probably be north of 25 mill a year, and over a 100 mill guaranteed????

                            (IF,,,, he gets it together)

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                              Just think, if Lock has a break out season this year, we will have to be talking about how much they are going to have to pay him on his next contract.
                              If, he plays well this year and next year, he will probably be north of 25 mill a year, and over a 100 mill guaranteed????

                              (IF,,,, he gets it together)
                              Whoa there, little buddy. First things first.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by samparnell View Post

                                Whoa there, little buddy. First things first.


                                Well, its something to speculate on.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X