Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jpark31 View Post

Thanks, I'm here every day...I just don't post much 😀
    Yeah, I'm here almost every day.....I post too much!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Yeah, I'm here almost every day.....I post too much!!!!
      You think 100+ posts a day is too much.....really?
      Good thing they're quality posts. ​​​​​​​
      Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Good thing they're quality posts.
        You liar,,,,isn't it more like 1,000+?!!!! (albeit, 100+ could be any number over 100)

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
          So will the broncos "lock out" be another excuse used for this guy?
          Hey, if you have the time...please check out this video.....specifically around or rather between the 3 minute to 7 minute range.......tell me you want to draft a new QB.....I'm telling ya......Drew will be the man. He will have a few BAD moments this year, of course....he's still young....but we are going to be winners this year....and that is because of our QB1 { Drew }. I see us splitting with KC this year.

What can Drew Lock gain from Peyton Manning's mentorship? | Broncos Country Tonight - YouTube

Comment

• I'll cheer for him as long as he has the job. Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Good thing he showed up today with 20 teammates to workout then. He’s working hard.
              Yep. It’s a great start. I’m really hoping that last year was just a sophomore slump. I really don’t want next offseason to be yet another “looking for a QB,” offseason. If Lock can step up and make some progress this year, I’ll be thrilled.

Despite how bad he was last year, his rookie year was still a bright spot. There is something there, he just needs to find whatever he had in 2019 and really make this his team.
              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

Yep. It’s a great start. I’m really hoping that last year was just a sophomore slump. I really don’t want next offseason to be yet another “looking for a QB,” offseason. If Lock can step up and make some progress this year, I’ll be thrilled.

Despite how bad he was last year, his rookie year was still a bright spot. There is something there, he just needs to find whatever he had in 2019 and really make this his team.
                At times all teams have a difficult time keeping "all four wheels on the wagon". I'm feeling positive that the "Bronco wagon" will be sturdy entering the 2021 season.
                Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• I think the probability of Lock being the 2021 starter is still pretty high. That said, if he does end up starting the 2021 season, it will be his last shot as a starter for the Broncos.

Of course, I’m rooting for him to realize his potential and become a legitimate starter. We’ll see how it goes. He’s definitely showed things from both ends of the spectrum, but he certainly has potential.
                  sigpic

Comment

• I look at developing a Young QB, to raising small children. You don't want your young QB to throw interceptions all the time, you want him to throw completions and touchdowns! Just like when your potty training your kid, you don't want them to crap themselves all the time, you want them to use the toilet.
                    (But, That's why they invented disposable diapers)

So, what I'm trying to say, it takes patience developing a Young QB, just like raising a young child.

It's time for Drew Lock to take the diapers off !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                      I look at developing a Young QB, to raising small children. You don't want your young QB to throw interceptions all the time, you want him to throw completions and touchdowns! Just like when your potty training your kid, you don't want them to crap themselves all the time, you want them to use the toilet.

So, what I'm trying to say, it takes patience developing a Young QB, just like raising a young child.

Some kids still wet the bed up until year 8....

Comment

• I look at developing a Young QB, to raising small children. You don't want your young QB to throw interceptions all the time, you want him to throw completions and touchdowns! Just like when your potty training your kid, you don't want them to crap themselves all the time, you want them to use the toilet.

Some kids still wet the bed up until year 8....

Man I can't wait till this draft is over......bawahaha

Comment

• QB's are tough to project from the college game to the NFL, but the biggest mistake teams make is overvaluing talent and upside and underrating a guy's intellect.

One thing I look at a lot is when I see a QB struggle.... why is he struggling? What are the primary causes? How is he handling the toughest moments? How does he respond during the game? At the press conference? During the following week of practice? How does he perform the next week? How does his teammates respond?

The physical traits are all well and good, but the mental makeup of a QB is the most important.

It's why stars like Brady, Manning, Montana, Marino, Kelly, Rodgers, and Brees last so long. They may not be the most athletic but their mental acumen more than compensates for a lot of it.

Even solid starters like Alex Smith, Eli Manning and Philip Rivers can last in the NFL and have significant success.

Or, career backups like Fitzpatrick can last because of his mental makeup even though his physical traits are limited.

That's my biggest concern with Lock. He has the talent, but I don't believe he has the mentality to make it as a guy we need as a franchise QB.

I don't doubt his talent or if his teammates like and respect him.

It's his inability to improve upon his decision making and fundamentals, especially, his footwork. That's something only he can change and he has not shown the slightest improvement in his first two years.

I don't blame all the Broncos' failures on him, but, he has more than his fair share and he comes up small way too much given the backs, receivers and offensive line he's had.

Self improvement is important for every player but it is most important for a QB.
                          ​​​​
                          Last edited by sra84; 04-24-2021, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Should Lock remajn our starter. I'm hoping it's (short term or not at all) but should he get the full year. What does he have to do for all of you to not label him a bust?

If Lock gets the keys its simple for me. Beat KC home or away once. Throw for at least 25 tds and keep ints somewhere around the low teens I think 15 was how much he threw last year to just 16 tds. That td int ratio has to improve dramatically.

I'm not going to say he has to make the playoffs but I'm hoping for 9 wins or better. if we have another 5 or 6 win season he has to go. I'm not expecting much from Lock I already formed my opinion based off the last two years and to me he is way to inconsistent to be the leader of the team.

I'll see how he does if they do give him the ball but I don't have high hopes. I just want a general opinion of yalls thoughts on him and what he has to do to not be labeled a bust.
                            :go:

Comment

• He needs to have a winning record, needs to be around 25tds and less than 15ints, over 3500 passing yds. Respectable Completion % and QBR.
                              He has a tremendous opportunity this year if he is the starter .

If he can't get the job done this year, we need find the next one.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Good thing they're quality posts.
                                Hahaha, I'm amazed at some of you. I think I'm one of the longest existing members....with the least amount of posts per day, but he does bring up a good point CanDB....even though you post a BUNCH, they are quality posts.
                                New England Patriots GM

Comment

Working...
                                X