No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is only a small gap between these guys if any at all. I can see Bridgewater winning the job (eventually) but that will only be if Lock doesn't show improvement on the bad touch. If Lock can eliminate the throws that don't give our guys a chance, he will run away with the job.

Locks play will be under a microscope for the first 6 weeks though.
    ​​​​

Comment

• If they run Shurmur's preferred offense it would seem to favor Bridgewater. But if they run an offense similar to what Scrang ran two years ago and the last 6 games of last year when Shurmur changed things, then it seems to give Lock the edge. I just hope we run an offense that takes advantage of both of their skill sets.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
        If they run Shurmur's preferred offense it would seem to favor Bridgewater. But if they run an offense similar to what Scrang ran two years ago and the last 6 games of last year when Shurmur changed things, then it seems to give Lock the edge. I just hope we run an offense that takes advantage of both of their skill sets.
        There are some indications that a balanced offense is the goal.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• My opinion is Lock will be the starter at the beginning of the season because there is hope he will have a higher ceiling than Bridgewater, everyone knows what type of QB he is. But if Lock shows the same inconsistency that he demonstrated last season then Bridgewater will quickly replace him. Of course that all goes out the door is Aaron Rodgers becomes a Bronco, which I doubt.

Comment

• One of the reasons I still have hope in Drew is his completion pct. will improve with a little help from Jeudy.

https://youtu.be/oeNDsjkg4Hw

If Jeudy and Drew can step up their games this offense will be cooking, especially with Sutton coming back. Jeudy will feast on man to man when teams have to double Sutton.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
              One of the reasons I still have hope in Drew is his completion pct. will improve with a little help from Jeudy.

If Jeudy and Drew can step up their games this offense will be cooking, especially with Sutton coming back. Jeudy will feast on man to man when teams have to double Sutton.
              It's difficult to watch Lock get hit or scramble to create a play only to watch Jeudy drop a catchable pass.

I hope Jerry gets it together because he looked like a 6th rounder in that video.
              Too bad Waddle or Smith didn't declare the same year as Jeudy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

It's difficult to watch Lock get hit or scramble to create a play only to watch Jeudy drop a catchable pass.

I hope Jerry gets it together because he looked like a 6th rounder in that video.
                Too bad Waddle or Smith didn't declare the same year as Jeudy.
                That's a funny post. Henry Ruggs didn't have any drops...that's who I wanted.....but, I got flamed.
                Last edited by skeeter01; 05-13-2021, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

That's a funny post. Henry Ruggs didn't have any drops...that's who I wanted.....but got flamed.
                  I forgot Ruggs was also Jeudy's teammate.

Given where Jerry was selected, this upcoming year is a make or break year for Jeudy.
                  Sadly, I can see him going from team to team based on his name recognition alone assuming his dropsies continue.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                    If they run Shurmur's preferred offense it would seem to favor Bridgewater. But if they run an offense similar to what Scrang ran two years ago and the last 6 games of last year when Shurmur changed things, then it seems to give Lock the edge. I just hope we run an offense that takes advantage of both of their skill sets.
                    I draw upon people in Bronco youtube channel videos saying Vic and Shurmur wanted to put emphasis on the deep passing game in 2020 and the stats saying we were top 7 in intended total air yards and tied for first in intended air yards per pass attempt to make an opinion of what kind of offense Shurmur was trying to run in 2020. There are other considerations but for the sake of this point those are what I am focusing on.

If we run that kind of offense again in 2020 than imo neither Teddy nor Lock will have a good year. If we try to run the exact same offense in 2021 that Vic and Shurmur ran in 2020 than we will be picking high in the draft again and their will be a purge sometime between the end of the season and the week after the season.

Now if we get Rodgers maybe Shurmur and Vic can pull that offense off. I am pretty sure Rodgers will take over some and protect Shurmur from himself.
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

One of the reasons I still have hope in Drew is his completion pct. will improve with a little help from Jeudy.

Drops did not help.

Inaccurate passes did not help.

The amount of air time in the passes did not help either.

A lot could have been done in 2020 by players and coaches to make the offense more successful.
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Drops did not help.

Inaccurate passes did not help.

The amount of air time in the passes did not help either.

A lot could have been done in 2020 by players and coaches to make the offense more successful.
                        Rookies like Cushenberry, Jeudy, Albert O and Hamler all should be more comfortable with this offense and with Drew. I would also include Glasgow who should also be more comfortable.

With our schedule Lock has the perfect storm to flip this thing around like Josh Allen did in Buffalo. I don’t believe Lock has Allen’s arm or athleticism but he does have the ability to make every throw and make something out of nothing. I love that the Broncos are giving Lock a sink or swim season. I believe Paton is telling Fangio, Shurmur, and Lock I will give you everything to succeed this year. If they fail next year we bring in a new coaching staff and
                        a new QB.

*Note: To all those who believe we get ARod, that move would change everything. We would be in SB or bust mode.
                        sigpic

Comment

I draw upon people in Bronco youtube channel videos saying Vic and Shurmur wanted to put emphasis on the deep passing game in 2020 and the stats saying we were top 7 in intended total air yards and tied for first in intended air yards per pass attempt to make an opinion of what kind of offense Shurmur was trying to run in 2020. There are other considerations but for the sake of this point those are what I am focusing on.

If we run that kind of offense again in 2020 than imo neither Teddy nor Lock will have a good year. If we try to run the exact same offense in 2021 that Vic and Shurmur ran in 2020 than we will be picking high in the draft again and their will be a purge sometime between the end of the season and the week after the season.

Now if we get Rodgers maybe Shurmur and Vic can pull that offense off. I am pretty sure Rodgers will take over some and protect Shurmur from himself.
                          We need to run the ball, play shutdown defense and allow Lock to take shots here and there. I know it’s old school boring football but that is how this team is built. If we prove we can run the ball our weapons will make teams pay. The Carolina game was the funnest game last year. We were running the ball at Will and the olineman were pancaking fools. Then all the sudden KJ Hamler was 15 yards past everyone.
                          sigpic

Comment

We need to run the ball, play shutdown defense and allow Lock to take shots here and there. I know it’s old school boring football but that is how this team is built. If we prove we can run the ball our weapons will make teams pay. The Carolina game was the funnest game last year. We were running the ball at Will and the olineman were pancaking fools. Then all the sudden KJ Hamler was 15 yards past everyone.
                            I WANT more games like that this year !!!! Man.....I'm getting stoked

Comment

It's beginning to look like a balanced offense with the rushing attack being primarily smash mouth angle blocking. The drafting of Javonte Williams and Quinn Meinerz along with the signings of Bobby Massie and Cam Fleming seem to point in the direction of a robust rushing attack. A viable rushing attack draws defenders to the box. A vertical passing attack is the natural complement to a good rushing attack.

Comment

At this point it looks like Drew Lock has been given everything he needs to succeed: stout defense; improved STs; solid and deep O-Line; excellent receiving corps including TEs; tough RB room; and, good depth behind him. Now it's all on him to step up and quarterback this team.

Comment

Working...
                                X