Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by samparnell View Post

    At this point it looks like Drew Lock has been given everything he needs to succeed: stout defense; improved STs; solid and deep O-Line; excellent receiving corps including TEs; tough RB room; and, good depth behind him. Now it's all on him to step up and quarterback this team.
    Yep he’s all out of excuses. He knows the offense, has great weapons, solid oline, and what looks to be a top 10 defense. We don’t make the playoffs, Paton should clean house!
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
      Yep he’s all out of excuses. He knows the offense, has great weapons, solid oline, and what looks to be a top 10 defense. We don’t make the playoffs, Paton should clean house!


      Totally Agree 100%

      Comment


      • Originally posted by samparnell View Post

        At this point it looks like Drew Lock has been given everything he needs to succeed: stout defense; improved STs; solid and deep O-Line; excellent receiving corps including TEs; tough RB room; and, good depth behind him. Now it's all on him to step up and quarterback this team.
        I agree. If Lock starts I think it's reasonable to expect him to play on a similar level to Mayfield in his third year with the Browns and Tannehill with the Titans. I think the Broncos' roster is similar in talent and style with those teams and all are built to have strong physical running games.

        Every report locally is Lock has been giving 100% this off-season. Let's hope it translates to improvement on the field.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
          Yep he’s all out of excuses. He knows the offense, has great weapons, solid oline, and what looks to be a top 10 defense. We don’t make the playoffs, Paton should clean house!
          Clean house?? Or just replace QB?? The team is solid top to bottom, why clean house??

          Comment


          • Originally posted by samparnell View Post

            At this point it looks like Drew Lock has been given everything he needs to succeed: stout defense; improved STs; solid and deep O-Line; excellent receiving corps including TEs; tough RB room; and, good depth behind him. Now it's all on him to step up and quarterback this team.
            That would be exactly the perfect environment for Aaron Rodgers. Not too worried about him stepping up.

            No offence to Drew....but the landscape makes it hard not to get excited about a potential trade. In fact, though I am a little off topic, maybe I'm not. Most of us will back Drew no matter what happens. But herein lies pretty much the entire storyline if someone were to wake up from a very long sleep. We have a young gun who needs to step it up this year or we are back to the drawing board. And while we await the season, we have this long shot chance at having the league MVP/first ballot HoF take over this (as you describe): stout defense; improved STs; solid and deep O-Line; excellent receiving corps including TEs; tough RB room; and, good depth behind him.

            If a trade is never consummated life goes on, Lock and Bridgewater hopefully do their very best, and we see what happens. Currently we are not expected to go far, which means no playoffs for another year. Unless of course Drew or Teddy make it happen. They could. But it is no wonder that this whole scenario as we know it to be is lukewarm until we see evidence that QB is not an issue for The Denver Broncos. Because that description above tells me we are a proven QB away from real success.
            Last edited by CanDB; 05-16-2021, 07:41 AM.

            Comment


            • I think he will be able to play at that level. Just has to prove it. The Mayfield or a Stafford comp seem very achievable IMO.

              At the end of the season, if we are looking at stats close to 28 TDs, 10 ints, 230 yds game, and at least 14 games, I would consider that a successful improvement and the team likely did well. Not eye popping stats but to produce them he would have to be much more consistent and efficient then he has shown to this point.

              With a solid rushing game and defense this should equate to wins.

              Maybe I’m delusional but it think he will make this jump this year. Another big hurdle he will need to overcome is the “he’s not Rodgers” remorse that will linger all season. I don’t expect Lock to throw 40 TDs or 4 ints. But that will be his comparison every week when he doesn’t.

              Looking forward to seeing how the QB situation works out. Sure Rodgers would be amazing. But when/ if that doesn’t happen I hope the majority of fans remember they have a young QB working hard to improve and support those efforts. He has to prove he can do the job first. But let’s also judge him fairly on his results.

              Comment


              • This offseason/preseason will be very interesting and telling when it comes to Lock.

                If he can’t beat out Bridgewater, then I personally think his chances of becoming a legit starter for the Broncos diminishes greatly. Drew is definitely looking at a crossroad here.

                I like Lock and it is in the Broncos best interest that he works out and becomes a mainstay starter. Although I have my doubts, he has all the physical tools. We shall see if he can put it all together and win the QB competition.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

                  Clean house?? Or just replace QB?? The team is solid top to bottom, why clean house??
                  It’s not like Fangio is impressive as a head coach.

                  That being said, I don’t want Munchak going anywhere, so if they can find a way to work around Fangio, I wouldn’t mind keeping him if replacing Lock does the trick.
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by broncolee View Post

                    It’s not like Fangio is impressive as a head coach.

                    That being said, I don’t want Munchak going anywhere, so if they can find a way to work around Fangio, I wouldn’t mind keeping him if replacing Lock does the trick.
                    Fair enough, I guess I didn't even think of the HC position. If this ends in another losing season I think Eric Bieniemy is an all in candidate.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                      I think he will be able to play at that level. Just has to prove it. The Mayfield or a Stafford comp seem very achievable IMO.

                      At the end of the season, if we are looking at stats close to 28 TDs, 10 ints, 230 yds game, and at least 14 games, I would consider that a successful improvement and the team likely did well. Not eye popping stats but to produce them he would have to be much more consistent and efficient then he has shown to this point.

                      With a solid rushing game and defense this should equate to wins.

                      Maybe I’m delusional but it think he will make this jump this year. Another big hurdle he will need to overcome is the “he’s not Rodgers” remorse that will linger all season. I don’t expect Lock to throw 40 TDs or 4 ints. But that will be his comparison every week when he doesn’t.

                      Looking forward to seeing how the QB situation works out. Sure Rodgers would be amazing. But when/ if that doesn’t happen I hope the majority of fans remember they have a young QB working hard to improve and support those efforts. He has to prove he can do the job first. But let’s also judge him fairly on his results.
                      In the end it is not about what stats Drew comes up with, but whether he steps up and leads the team to victories that can take us into the playoffs. If we are not in contention for a playoff spot in week 17-18 then it is a failure. We need to see Mile High Magic!

                      Comment


                      • Interesting comparisons between Lock and Allen on Broncos County Tonight video. One thing they bring up is Drew Lock led the league in attempted air yards per pass as a QB in 2021. I know the Broncos as a team ranked high did not realize Lock was the highest QB.

                        Also made some other interesting comparisons.

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4uTY4jB2rg
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                        Comment


                        • I will say this, if we go into the regular season healthy, this team better go 3-0 in the first 3 games.

                          This team is more talented than the Giants, Jaguars and Jets.

                          No excuse for losing any of those games and going winless in September again.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                            I will say this, if we go into the regular season healthy, this team better go 3-0 in the first 3 games.

                            This team is more talented than the Giants, Jaguars and Jets.

                            No excuse for losing any of those games and going winless in September again.
                            I say 4-0....Ravens is a home game. I have a renewed belief in the Broncos.
                            Utah Bronco Freak

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

                              I say 4-0....Ravens is a home game. I have a renewed belief in the Broncos.
                              Wow! That is a lot of belief.

                              I tend to be the “see the glass half full” type of fan and I’m not sure I’m ready to make this leap of faith.

                              I hope we see that level of improvement to be talking about a 4-0 start once the games begin.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

                                Wow! That is a lot of belief.

                                I tend to be the “see the glass half full” type of fan and I’m not sure I’m ready to make this leap of faith.

                                I hope we see that level of improvement to be talking about a 4-0 start once the games begin.
                                True....it is. For once in a long time I'm hoping I / we will be rewarded for having a strong belief that the Broncos are back and good fortune is upon them / us.
                                Utah Bronco Freak

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X