No announcement yet.

Drew Lock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just hope the fanbase can support our Young quarterback and give him a chance. And don't trash him immediately if he has a bad game.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Wow! That is a lot of belief.

I tend to be the “see the glass half full” type of fan and I’m not sure I’m ready to make this leap of faith.

I hope we see that level of improvement to be talking about a 4-0 start once the games begin.
      I am very hopeful for a good season, for one this is the first season in locks college or pro career that he will be in the same offensive scheme , i also recognize the fact he has only played 17 full games... hardly a judge of his worth or ability yet

second I recognize that he had the youngest offense in the league starting multiple rookies, and in fact i believe off the top of my head six starters with two or less seasons
      fant
      lock
      risner
      cush
      jeudy
      kj

all learning a new offense

third i think this defense is gonna beast, with von back, chubb healthy, percell, shelby, and the best dbs in the league as a unit from simmons, jackson and the cbs this defense will be stout

i have much faith
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post

I am very hopeful for a good season, for one this is the first season in locks college or pro career that he will be in the same offensive scheme , i also recognize the fact he has only played 17 full games... hardly a judge of his worth or ability yet

second I recognize that he had the youngest offense in the league starting multiple rookies, and in fact i believe off the top of my head six starters with two or less seasons
        fant
        lock
        risner
        cush
        jeudy
        kj

third i think this defense is gonna beast, with von back, chubb healthy, percell, shelby, and the best dbs in the league as a unit from simmons, jackson and the cbs this defense will be stout

i have much faith
        I am not sure I would consider kj w starter he at least only started like half the season last year
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
          I just hope the fanbase can support our Young quarterback and give him a chance. And don't trash him immediately if he has a bad game.

He has to have a good game right out of the gate. If he turns the ball over and we lose the 1st game he'll be hearing the boo birds all year

Comment

fant
            lock
            risner
            cush
            jeudy
            kj

i have much faith
            Love the attitude!

I share the opinion of the Broncos and Lock being on the brink of being a really good team on both sides of the ball. How fast or dramatic an offensive improvement is still to be determined. But I have liked what I have heard so far from a development standpoint.

Lock was wildly inconsistent. Has to improve. I believe he will for the reasons stated. The issue becomes how much? Lock has no excuses, he has had the time, has quality players around him and finally a stable off-season. Sort of!

The level of support and enthusiasm for Lock will depend on how big a jump in development he makes. The more poised and making good decisions with the ball should go a long way. But he will always have his critics no matter how many completions or wins he helps the team get. Unless he is the MVP he will be continually shortchanged with praise. Have a bad game and the pitch fork crowd will be vocal.

I would hope the fanbase can support him if a trade never happens. I assume most will “ if he improves and makes plays”. But for some he will always be compared to “ what could have been with Rodgers”. Every week Rodgers throws for four TDs in a GB loss the posts will be negative about Lock because he only threw 2TDs in a quietly conservative game-plan win.

I fully expect the critical posts. This is the same fanbase that still occasionally longingly mentions the “mistake” of letting Kyle Sloter go. It is tough to be a franchise in search of its franchise QB. Still have optimism they might have figured it out with Lock. TBD!

Comment

I just hope the fanbase can support our Young quarterback and give him a chance. And don't trash him immediately if he has a bad game.

For sure. If Lock is responsible for one or two bad mistakes in the first game,the fans will be rioting in this forum. He must be near perfect for that not to happen.
              Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

He has to have a good game right out of the gate. If he turns the ball over and we lose the 1st game he'll be hearing the boo birds all year
                I think we have to be at least 4-3 by game 7.

I will reserve judgment until week 8.

(Unless we go 0-3)
                Or something like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Love the attitude!

I share the opinion of the Broncos and Lock being on the brink of being a really good team on both sides of the ball. How fast or dramatic an offensive improvement is still to be determined. But I have liked what I have heard so far from a development standpoint.

Lock was wildly inconsistent. Has to improve. I believe he will for the reasons stated. The issue becomes how much? Lock has no excuses, he has had the time, has quality players around him and finally a stable off-season. Sort of!

The level of support and enthusiasm for Lock will depend on how big a jump in development he makes. The more poised and making good decisions with the ball should go a long way. But he will always have his critics no matter how many completions or wins he helps the team get. Unless he is the MVP he will be continually shortchanged with praise. Have a bad game and the pitch fork crowd will be vocal.

I would hope the fanbase can support him if a trade never happens. I assume most will “ if he improves and makes plays”. But for some he will always be compared to “ what could have been with Rodgers”. Every week Rodgers throws for four TDs in a GB loss the posts will be negative about Lock because he only threw 2TDs in a quietly conservative game-plan win.

I fully expect the critical posts. This is the same fanbase that still occasionally longingly mentions the “mistake” of letting Kyle Sloter go. It is tough to be a franchise in search of its franchise QB. Still have optimism they might have figured it out with Lock. TBD!
                  Top Three Broncos QB's All-Time are:

1. Tebow
                  2. Sloter
                  3. Kelly

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

I am not sure I would consider kj w starter he at least only started like half the season last year
                    He was ahead of hamilton and third wr behind Patrick and juedy so id say in three wr sets he was starting
                    sigpic
                    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

He was ahead of hamilton and third wr behind Patrick and juedy so id say in three wr sets he was starting
                      How often did they play 3 wr sets i would consider him a role player to be honest. Hope we trade Patrick
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm
                      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

How often did they play 3 wr sets i would consider him a role player to be honest. Hope we trade Patrick
                        To borrow a phrase from Facebook, it's complicated. Our OC seems to have a history of liking 3WR sets. If we are going to do that then I'd like to use Sutton and Patrick on the outside with Jeudy in the slot. Patrick stepped up last season. So much so that he sometimes looked like our only consistently competent WR. I don't expect the same Offensive chaos this year as last but he's shown that he's worth keeping. I see him as WR#3 and Hamler as WR#4. And I also view Hamler as a role player. Swap him in with a WR/TE/RB on gadget plays to get him in space and he can potentially burn a Defense several times a game.

What I'd rather do, though, is use 2WR/2TE/1RB as our base set. Sutton/Jeudy, Fant/Albert O, Gordon or Williams. That puts what I think is our best playmakers on the field at once. Slide Patrick in on the outside for 3WR sets when the OC wants to do that. Also swap Hamler out for any of the skill positions at any time just to stress the opposing Defense.
                        Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

I get what you're saying but this year the anti Lock crowd or whatever we may be called. We kind of don't want to hear any excuses. He isn't a rookie, he's had an off season, and if he starts he would have beat out Bridge. So if he stinks I don't want to hear any oh he's still young or whatever it may be to fit the narrative. He's had enough time especially when other qbs have come in the league and had success with less time. In my book this is year 3 Lock played 5 games his rookie year, yes hurt but he still played and had a somewhat off season. He got hurt last year too but he played so he's experienced in my book. No more excuses.

We can't keep pushing the goal post back on him. If he should start he better show up. To me a bad game or two, especially if he's committing the same turnovers will have me up in arms. Me personally I've seen enough of him last year to want to turn the page. He can shut me up if he plays well but I'm not holding my breath on it. Film is out and he is what he is. Whatever improvement he makes in my opinion won't be a giant leap. You don't go from worst starting qb to top 15 top 10 in a few short months.

However for the broncos sake no one wants to go through another 5 6 win season so hopefully something happens or clicks for him.

:go:

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post

I get what you're saying but this year the anti Lock crowd or whatever we may be called. We kind of don't want to hear any excuses. He isn't a rookie, he's had an off season, and if he starts he would have beat out Bridge. So if he stinks I don't want to hear any oh he's still young or whatever it may be to fit the narrative. He's had enough time especially when other qbs have come in the league and had success with less time. In my book this is year 3 Lock played 5 games his rookie year, yes hurt but he still played and had a somewhat off season. He got hurt last year too but he played so he's experienced in my book. No more excuses.

We can't keep pushing the goal post back on him. If he should start he better show up. To me a bad game or two, especially if he's committing the same turnovers will have me up in arms. Me personally I've seen enough of him last year to want to turn the page. He can shut me up if he plays well but I'm not holding my breath on it. Film is out and he is what he is. Whatever improvement he makes in my opinion won't be a giant leap. You don't go from worst starting qb to top 15 top 10 in a few short months.

However for the broncos sake no one wants to go through another 5 6 win season so hopefully something happens or clicks for him.
                            I don't disagree at this point. I think last year was too early to pull the plug. But I do think he has this year to show that he can be a starting QB in the NFL.
                            Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

A little over half, I believe. Hope not.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post

To borrow a phrase from Facebook, it's complicated. Our OC seems to have a history of liking 3WR sets. If we are going to do that then I'd like to use Sutton and Patrick on the outside with Jeudy in the slot. Patrick stepped up last season. So much so that he sometimes looked like our only consistently competent WR. I don't expect the same Offensive chaos this year as last but he's shown that he's worth keeping. I see him as WR#3 and Hamler as WR#4. And I also view Hamler as a role player. Swap him in with a WR/TE/RB on gadget plays to get him in space and he can potentially burn a Defense several times a game.

What I'd rather do, though, is use 2WR/2TE/1RB as our base set. Sutton/Jeudy, Fant/Albert O, Gordon or Williams. That puts what I think is our best playmakers on the field at once. Slide Patrick in on the outside for 3WR sets when the OC wants to do that. Also swap Hamler out for any of the skill positions at any time just to stress the opposing Defense.
                                12 personnel
                                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                                X