Clear All

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post

12 personnel
    I'm never going to get used to that.
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

• Originally posted by listopencil View Post

I'm never going to get used to that.
      First number is how many Backs (besides the QB); second number is how many TEs. It's just personnel who can line up in a variety of formations.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

He has to have a good game right out of the gate. If he turns the ball over and we lose the 1st game he'll be hearing the boo birds all year
        As he should be. His number one job is to protect the ball. He to date, has not done this.

Comment

First number is how many Backs (besides the QB); second number is how many TEs. It's just personnel who can line up in a variety of formations.
          Do they leave WRs out because it is assumed?

If a OL lines up as a TE is that just added to the TE number?
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• I am hoping Lock can put up decent stats like 3500 yards passing, 25 TDs and like 12 INTs ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
              I am hoping Lock can put up decent stats like 3500 yards passing, 25 TDs and like 12 INTs ?
              That would be great but I'm hoping for 5,000, 40 and 2. And the 2 INTs happened because the receiver slipped and fell down after the ball was thrown.
              Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

That would be great but I'm hoping for 5,000, 40 and 2. And the 2 INTs happened because the receiver slipped and fell down after the ball was thrown.
                Well we all hoping he breaks every passing good passing record in the books...good for the Broncos. Most yards, most TDs, least Ints, best passer rating and everything.

I would be happy with above average QB myself. Hoping for run away MVP candidate.
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Well we all hoping he breaks every passing good passing record in the books...good for the Broncos. Most yards, most TDs, least Ints, best passer rating and everything.

I would be happy with above average QB myself. Hoping for run away MVP candidate.
                  Let him work on average this this year, next year we can move to MVP.

On the discussion of predicted stats. Bleacher Report has an article predicting all the QBs for this year.

Lock- (projected not to play all the games) 3000 yds/ 17 TDs/ 10 int
                  Bridgewater- 1500 yds/ 10tds/ 4 ints.

Pretty average numbers overall, but getting 4500 yds / 27tds/ 14 ints would be a definite upgrade at the QB position.

Not perfect, but I’ll take it.

Comment

Do they leave WRs out because it is assumed?

If a OL lines up as a TE is that just added to the TE number?
                    The side with the ball must have seven on LOS and only the two Ends are eligible. The five in between are ineligible and must wear the only ineligible numbers (#50-#79)

Four players line up off LOS in the backfield and are eligible, but the personnel number doesn't count the QB, so there are three.

So, there are five eligible receivers/ball carriers not counting the QB. Since the first number designates how many Backs and the second number designates how many Tight Ends, subtract the total of those from five and it tells you how many WRs are in that personnel package (e.g., 11 personnel = 3 WRs; 21, 12 and 03 personnel = 2 WRs; 10 and 01 personnel = 4 WRs; 00 personnel = 5 WRs; 13 personnel = 1 WR; and, 23 personnel = 0 WRs)

If a sixth O-Lineman is sent onto the field, he must report as eligible because he will be eligible regardless of where he lines up and he is wearing an ineligible number. A sixth O-Lineman would most likely be counted as a TE, and wouldn't cause a problem, if he lined up in the backlfield, because D aligns to the formation.

All of this is of interest mostly to defensive coaches who have at least one spotter in the box to report the personnel package that the offense is sending in. Based on scouting, DCs have predetermined defensive personnel (e.g., base, nickel, dime, GL) to be sent in response.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Let him work on average this this year, next year we can move to MVP.

On the discussion of predicted stats. Bleacher Report has an article predicting all the QBs for this year.

Lock- (projected not to play all the games) 3000 yds/ 17 TDs/ 10 int
                      Bridgewater- 1500 yds/ 10tds/ 4 ints.

Pretty average numbers overall, but getting 4500 yds / 27tds/ 14 ints would be a definite upgrade at the QB position.

Not perfect, but I’ll take it.
                      PFF has him as a breakout player too for this season.

Comment

The side with the ball must have seven on LOS and only the two Ends are eligible. The five in between are ineligible and must wear the only ineligible numbers (#50-#79)

Four players line up off LOS in the backfield and are eligible, but the personnel number doesn't count the QB, so there are three.

So, there are five eligible receivers/ball carriers not counting the QB. Since the first number designates how many Backs and the second number designates how many Tight Ends, subtract the total of those from five and it tells you how many WRs are in that personnel package (e.g., 11 personnel = 3 WRs; 21, 12 and 03 personnel = 2 WRs; 10 and 01 personnel = 4 WRs; 00 personnel = 5 WRs; 13 personnel = 1 WR; and, 23 personnel = 0 WRs)

If a sixth O-Lineman is sent onto the field, he must report as eligible because he will be eligible regardless of where he lines up and he is wearing an ineligible number. A sixth O-Lineman would most likely be counted as a TE, and wouldn't cause a problem, if he lined up in the backlfield, because D aligns to the formation.

All of this is of interest mostly to defensive coaches who have at least one spotter in the box to report the personnel package that the offense is sending in. Based on scouting, DCs have predetermined defensive personnel (e.g., base, nickel, dime, GL) to be sent in response.
                        Thank you for the break down.

When was the last time you saw 31 or 32? When I first got into watching the Colorado Buffs I believe they were running the wishbone and would use that. Would not be too fun if they fell too far behind but was kind of fun to watch when the game was close.

Was wondering if the Broncos would have gone to something like that if PM did not come along. Tebow with 3 Rbs or would we have had to consider Tebow a RB/TE? 3*/1

Comment

Thank you for the break down.

When was the last time you saw 31 or 32? When I first got into watching the Colorado Buffs I believe they were running the wishbone and would use that. Would not be too fun if they fell too far behind but was kind of fun to watch when the game was close.

Was wondering if the Broncos would have gone to something like that if PM did not come along. Tebow with 3 Rbs or would we have had to consider Tebow a RB/TE? 3*/1
                          Three Backs besides the QB and one or two Tight Ends would be Single Wing, Wing-T and, as you say, Wishbone. In high school football in NM, saw all of those run as base offenses by some of our opponents in the mid to late Nineties and into the early years of this century. Wing-T was especially common. We had a goalline package of plays from the Full/Stack I, so throw that one in as a special. One of our opponents used Full House T Formation as a GL special as well. The Yale Formation was discussed from time to time in our staff and at some coaching clinics, but can't recall seeing it run. It would be an effective GL special, too, IMO.

Gus Malzahn probably has some three RB formations in his playbook. Air Force still runs some Bone, and UNM ran Triple Option from 2012 through about 2017, or so, with some formations having three Backs besides the QB.

Tim Tebow was born at the wrong era of football. He would have made a great Single Wing Fullback or Halfback in which each of the four Backs were Running, Passing, Receiving and drop-kicking threats.

Comment

• I am starting to look forward to the season. Wouldn't it be great if Lock had a breakout season this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                              I am starting to look forward to the season. Wouldn't it be great if Lock had a breakout season this year?

Really? Just now starting to looking forward to the season. What was the apprehension? I won't guess here but I have a couple of thoughts as to why.

I've been ready for it to start since Feb or so based on threads / posts. So much new Bronco dynamics to consider.
                              I'm thinking Lock will definitely have a breakout season.
                              Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Three Backs besides the QB and one or two Tight Ends would be Single Wing, Wing-T and, as you say, Wishbone. In high school football in NM, saw all of those run as base offenses by some of our opponents in the mid to late Nineties and into the early years of this century. Wing-T was especially common. We had a goalline package of plays from the Full/Stack I, so throw that one in as a special. One of our opponents used Full House T Formation as a GL special as well. The Yale Formation was discussed from time to time in our staff and at some coaching clinics, but can't recall seeing it run. It would be an effective GL special, too, IMO.

Gus Malzahn probably has some three RB formations in his playbook. Air Force still runs some Bone, and UNM ran Triple Option from 2012 through about 2017, or so, with some formations having three Backs besides the QB.

Tim Tebow was born at the wrong era of football. He would have made a great Single Wing Fullback or Halfback in which each of the four Backs were Running, Passing, Receiving and drop-kicking threats.
                                All four of my kids played Pop Warner football and the most successful of their teams used a 'QB' and three RB's. Sort of a diamond formation. It was incredibly effective and very versatile. Fun to watch.
                                Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

Comment

Working...
                                X